View Single Post
Old April 30th   #1
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Cars! The Movie Premiere

Did you know there's a Pixar movie called Cars that's coming out next month? Did you know Huntsville Car Scene is putting together a special event for the date of the premiere?

So what's the movie about? Check out http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/main.html to explore the really cool flash site with details on the cars in the movie as well the movie trailers.

What I'm trying to do is bring out as many of the makes and models of cars that are in the movie. If you have a car that is similar or the exact model as in the list below, definitely contact Huntsville Car Scene via email or phone at 615-512-5520.

The cars will be displayed in the front area of the Hollywood 18 parking lot for passers by to see. If you are affilicated with a club, you will be able to pass out club information and do some great PR for your organization. There will probably be a radio remote, and I think you'll even get a free ticket to see the movie, but I'll have to confirm that one.

Here's the list:
  • Nascar-style race car
  • Tow Truck -- Do you still have yours RepoMan?
  • 2002 Porsche 911, preferably baby blue like in the movie
  • 1951 Hudson Hornet, preferably dark blue like in the movie
  • 1959 Impala, preferably with hydralics or that low-rider look -- I remember one with hydraulics in the area from some car shows
  • 1950s Caddilac? -- the car that matches the character "Flo"
  • 1942 Willys Jeep -- I know there's one of these in the area
  • 1960 VW Bus
  • Older model Stock Car -- a car that matches the character "Chick Hicks"
  • 1970 Plymouth Superbird, preferably baby blue like in the movie
  • 1959 Fiat 500, preferably yellow like in the movie
There's actually 2 more vehicles, but the web site doesn't have any make/model info on them yet.