Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old September 13th   #1
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Angry No Nashville show for me!!! :(

I got rear-ended this morning coming onto Redstone Arsenal Gate 9. I was going under 5 mph waiting in line at the gate and a white F150 hit me and pushed me about 10ft into the car in front of me. I just got back from Rod's Custom Body Shop with a $1,000.00 estimate. New rear bumper cover, new rear absorber (foam piece underneth the bumper) and repaint front bumper
Shadow_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #2
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
Man...Sorry to hear that bro, That really sucks, Glad your ok though! That's almost what happend with my White Custom 97 s-10 one time, A lady dead stopped in the road while turning into a gas station and the road was wet, so the truck behind her hit the brakes, then I had to hit mine so from the wetness my brakes grabbed really hard and I couldnt move over so I hit him running like 25mph, tore my whole front end up and only put one small dent in his rear end, the lady didnt even know she did it! I had alot of money in that truck unlike my car just yet, But Im really sorry about your ride, That really sucks
Old September 13th   #3
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Thanks for the sympathy
I am not that upset (anymore) about it happening, what sucks is I have to wait for his insurance company to contact me before I can begin to get it fixed...urrrr
It sucks that I am gonna have to miss entering a car show this weekend because of this.
Old September 13th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Man, that sucks! I always watch the cars behind me, especially during the idiot hours. I've left 5-10 feet in front of me as a buffer and have had to use it on more than one occasion.

I just try my best to avoid traffic at all costs during idiot hour, even if it means getting there later or just cancelling my trip. Huntsville is starting to get as bad as Nashville was when I lived there.

Last edited by Samir; September 13th at 12:48 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #5
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Yeah, I saw the interstate backed up Monday morning to Bradford at 7:15, probably due to the anniversary.

If it's any consolation, the adjuster just came out yesterday and looked at my convertible. It's hood needs replaced. I have already replaced the passenger mirror. I'll probbly have Todd of Rowland's Rods do my work. He's the one that shot the base/clear on the 84. Very meticulous.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #6
brando
brando
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_GT
I got rear-ended this morning coming onto Redstone Arsenal Gate 9. I was going under 5 mph waiting in line at the gate and a white F150 hit me and pushed me about 10ft into the car in front of me. I just got back from Rod's Custom Body Shop with a $1,000.00 estimate. New rear bumper cover, new rear absorber (foam piece underneth the bumper) and repaint front bumper

Dude that sucks! I really hate to hear that...but at least it is fixable and you are OK. F150...hmmm...wasn't Patrick was it?
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #7
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando
Dude that sucks! I really hate to hear that...but at least it is fixable and you are OK. F150...hmmm...wasn't Patrick was it?
nope...a white F-150 that was lowered.
Old September 13th   #8
workmangc
workmangc
has no status.

That sucks, build it better and cleaner.

I live on the arsenal and have to swing around and come back in to get to the ASP. I hate having to deal with the traffic in the morning.

98 Cobra, Needs Dyno'd, 11.5:1 Compression, FR500 Cams, N2O Dry kit (coming soon), 3.55 gears, 03/04 IRS.
workmangc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th   #9
2K5STANG
2K5STANG
has no status.

Gate 9 traffic is insane now with gate 7 being closed

Sorry Man about your ride!
Old September 14th   #10
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

Quote:

Hey get with me I have a body shop and will be happy to try to save you some money, just pm me your number.
Impala_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #11
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_style
Hey get with me I have a body shop and will be happy to try to save you some money, just pm me your number.

Tks for the offer...I have to wait for his insurance company to contact me before I can move forward with getting it repaired.
Old September 14th   #12
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5STANG
Gate 9 traffic is insane now with gate 7 being closed

Sorry Man about your ride!
In the 15 mins that we were pulled over exchanging info I saw three instances of locked up brakes and horns blowing...and this was at 6:15 am!!!
Its thunderdome going into that gate

I think I may start taking the long way around and just go in the Patton Rd Gate till they open gate 7 back up.
Old September 14th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Its thunderdome going into that gate...
haha...I remember that movie. Is it like thunderdome inside the gate too?
Old September 14th   #14
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Quote:
In the 15 mins that we were pulled over exchanging info I saw three instances of locked up brakes and horns blowing...
Some folks have not noticed the MPH signs and how they slow them down coming to the gate. Plus, some folks don't know that they recently installed cameras that go ahead and take pictures. It's 10MPH right before the gate. I talked with one of the security guys the afternoon they enacted that.

I'm figuring the insurance company will just cut me a check for mine. Only needs a hood, thankfully. If I had the equipment, I would find a used Ford hood (no one likes their stock 87-93 hood so I should be able to find one around here cheap) and do it up. Dangit, now I have my own garage but no equipment. Would be a little hard to Preval the thing. I should be able to sand and etch prime from an SEM rattle can, though.
Old September 14th   #15
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Is it like thunderdome inside the gate too?
Believe it or not, no. Almost all of the time, it's completely different. People do AT THE MOST the speed limit. Rarely do I ever see anyone driving 5 over.

When I have left late, there are a couple of folks that drive like they are VIP.
Old September 14th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puter
Believe it or not, no. Almost all of the time, it's completely different. People do AT THE MOST the speed limit. Rarely do I ever see anyone driving 5 over.
I wouldn't doubt it. With all the security it takes just to get on the Arsenal, I don't think anyone is going to challenge the rules with armed military around you.
Old September 14th   #17
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

It calms down as soon as you get past the ID check, but before that you are on your own with cars slicing a dicing to get through the gate 30 secs before you.

FYI (for those not familiar with the movie or expression)
urban dictionary definition for "thunderdome":
Turbulent, utter mayhem; a state of violent confusion or commotion.

PS This morning I was almost side swiped...no more gate 9 for me. I am gonna use Gate 10 or 8 from now on. Maybe I can charge the gov for all the excess gas that I am gonna burn through.

Last edited by Shadow_GT; September 14th at 11:10 AM.
Old September 14th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The peak traffic times in Huntsville have people being crazy stupid. I never saw stuff like this even when I was in LA.
Old September 14th   #19
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
The peak traffic times in Huntsville have people being crazy stupid. I never saw stuff like this even when I was in LA.
In L.A. people usually leave early enough they don't have to drive like MANIACS. Plus there is more traffic and you really can't speed much
Old September 14th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoturLS
In L.A. people usually leave early enough they don't have to drive like MANIACS. Plus there is more traffic and you really can't speed much
True, but people here don't speed either, they just are super un-courteous.