Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old May 6th   #21
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Now read this :

Ford goes after domain name holders
Old May 7th   #22
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene
This article is dated around the same time as the famous Firestone incident. But it does bring up more details of Ford's actions, which are legal, but seem pretty unethical in some cases.
Old May 7th   #23
brando
brando
has no status.

I think it'd be pretty low for Ford to follow through on all of this. But if they do, hey I can remove all reference to the Ford and Mustang nomenclature. Won't bother me...it's a Bullitt!

Look at MCA...what of them? Mustang Club of America.... www.mustang.org for crying out loud. MCA and the smaller grass roots clubs are promoting the brand and the comeraderie asociated with these cars. Ford might just be biting the hand that feeds them, so to say.

Hopefully, sensibility will prevail and this will blow over.

But what do I know...I'm just some schmoe that owns THREE Ford vehicles. One of which I wil sell.
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th   #24
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Here's another article about them attacking a very famous Mustang parts house that we're all familiar with:

Mustangs Plus gets the shaft
Old May 10th   #25
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This type of thing is unfair without some statues of limitations. Ford said nothing to the company for 10 years and now they want $10,000 in damages? Who's fault is that for the damages? All they had to do was send another letter.

That's like a credit card company forgetting to post a payment to your card and then coming back 10 years later to collect with penalties and interest. Oh wait, that already happens too.
Old May 11th   #26
Unregistered
Unregistered
has no status.
Edit

it happened to Tory who used to own www.fordpartsnet.com, he had to change to www.fastpartsnet.com or something like that.
Old May 11th   #27
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
That's like a credit card company forgetting to post a payment to your card and then coming back 10 years later to collect with penalties and interest. Oh wait, that already happens too.
or an insurance company double billing you in one month and threatning to cancel if you dont pay. so i pay and a week later they catch their mistake and refund me ( minus ) 20 $ handling fees for correcting ( their ) mistake. this ford thing will blow over soon . much ado about nuthin
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th   #28
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

I'm having a hard time with the whole concept. If Ford were in the business of making parts for vintage Mustangs, I would totally understand. But they are in no way damaged by someone who is willing to fill a market they aren't interested in.

Do you think some part of Ford is gearing up to supply parts for these vintage cars, and is trying to put all of the other manufacturers and vendors out of the Mustang business?
Old May 11th   #29
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner

Do you think some part of Ford is gearing up to supply parts for these vintage cars, and is trying to put all of the other manufacturers and vendors out of the Mustang business?
That's EXACTLY what Shelby is trying to do. Tony Branda has been told that he can no longer sell any part with "Shelby", "GT-350" or "GT-500" on it. Apparently Shelbys's making a move to supposedly close down the clone market. Word is that he's going to be the only market of these items (stripes, emblems, etc.) and that you have to show proof of owning a real Shelby/Cobra in order to buy the part. What a bunch of morons they have in their marketing dept. !!

Last edited by mgreene; May 11th at 01:49 PM.
mgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th   #30
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think the lawyers have gotten a hold of the whole situation. Legally, the trademark is being infringed. So what, if in the end it carries on the Mustang tradition? Ford benefits in the long run.

But I guess the lawyers have shown how they can make some quick money by causing infringers to pay some money. $3000 isn't much until you have a 1000 companies, then it's 3 million. And then the lawyers can justify their positions and salaries.

It's just company politics gone too far. In this tough job market, people will do anything to make sure they will keep their positions and way of life. Even if that does mean significantly impacting others' lives to do it. In my book, that's one of the definitions of unethical. Too bad in the law books, there's no protection against that.
Old May 11th   #31
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

carroll shelby is about a thousand years old . i bet his offspring are behind whatever scheme is being cooked up. carroll dont need a buck. my opionion anyway. i dont understand what ford is affraid of yet. i`m sure no american company makes any of the repro parts anyway ( made in china )
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th   #32
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene
That's EXACTLY what Shelby is trying to do. Tony Branda has been told that he can no longer sell any part with "Shelby", "GT-350" or "GT-500" on it. Apparently Shelbys's making a move to supposedly close down the clone market. Word is that he's going to be the only market of these items (stripes, emblems, etc.) and that you have to show proof of owning a real Shelby/Cobra in order to buy the part. What a bunch of morons they have in their marketing dept. !!
You realize your www.gt350h.com is about to be contacted.
Old May 11th   #33
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
it happened to Tory who used to own www.fordpartsnet.com, he had to change to www.fastpartsnet.com or something like that.
Sorry to be picky, but I have known him for years.

Torrie McPhail.
Used to be fordpartsnetwork out of Memphis, TN.
Now is in Florida with Fast Parts Network, LLC
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote