Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old May 13th   #1
2K5STANG
2K5STANG
has no status.

Thumbs up Great Mustang Show Today!!!

Let me be the first to say....Hey Guy's....GREAT Show today. Very well run and lots of very nice cars! Kudo's to the Rocket City Mustang Club. All club members were more than helpful with anything needed!!

Thanks, Joe
Old May 14th   #2
Kendal Coker
Kendal Coker
has no status.

I second that, excellent show, great people.
Kendal Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

a show that good needs to be done twice a year
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #4
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Smile The participants make the show...

Wow! On behalf of the club, thank you!

I want to thank these folks that chaired the various committees:

Parking - Billy Hammonds
Registration - David Kelley
Shirts - Gary Dempsey
Trophies - Brandon Smith
Sponsors and Door Prizes - Madeline Bryant
Head Judge - Bill Tucker

And, an extra special thanks to our Show Chairman, Mark Dorner. He really puts his heart into each and every event I watch him work.

The club really works hard, yet has loads of fun at these shows. Not only do we get to see a load of Mustangs as well as other Ford-powered vehicles (~130 this year), we get to meet the people that share our interest and enthusiasm. For us, the people that bring their cars out, work diligently shining and polishing, and spend the day sharing their hobby are what make these events special.

Thank you for coming out and making this year's show a wonderful success!

Ralph Bischof
RCMC President

Last edited by Puter; May 14th at 08:11 AM. Reason: eye kant spel
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #5
alabamahotrod1930
alabamahotrod1930
has no status.
Edit

Angry

Well the show at Sears was a junk show I entered a 1919 Kit truck that was bought at Sears in 1919 in Nash. Tn. and it was not talked about or anything in 2 times in 5 years it was in the show. Well i will not be back and the other 6 guys who all come all the time to the show whith the Mustangs they have will not be back
Old May 14th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

my good fellow . good show means good job and much appreciation for every vehicle that attends. i noticed and took a pic of your truck and heard numerous people speaking about . but know that the show will not fold without you or your friends
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #7
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamahotrod1930
Well the show at Sears was a junk show I entered a 1919 Kit truck that was bought at Sears in 1919 in Nash. Tn. and it was not talked about or anything in 2 times in 5 years it was in the show. Well i will not be back and the other 6 guys who all come all the time to the show whith the Mustangs they have will not be back
Man, that's an interesting story about your truck. I certainly noticed your truck when it came in. I had no idea of the Sears connection, or I definitely would have mentioned something over the PA. Bring it next year, make a poster with the Sears information, and we'll park it up next to the Sears building all by itself. I guarantee Glen (Service Manager, Sears) will go for it. We can't highlight a car we don't know anything about.
Old May 14th   #8
TheMustangSource
TheMustangSource
has no status.

I also took a pic of the 1919 truck. It was a tough class.

Great show guys!

Anxiously awaiting Samir's pix...

Last edited by TheMustangSource; May 14th at 10:49 AM.
TheMustangSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #9
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
I also took a pic of the 1919 truck. It was a tough class.
We carefully constructed our classes this year from looking back at our 2003 and 2004 show participants. Our goal was to create classes of 3-6 cars each. We will again use this method to create classes for next year's show. The late models are growing, and the early models are shrinking. We have to stay abreast of the trends.

Note: I expected 8 2005-2006 Popular Vote Mustangs, based on the 2003/2004 shows. We ended up with 15 I believe. That's a good sign for Ford and the new Mustang.
Old May 14th   #10
2K5STANG
2K5STANG
has no status.

Don't worry guy's.......you can't please everybody! Somebody will always complain. As already stated......I thought it was a great show.
Old May 14th   #11
TheMustangSource
TheMustangSource
has no status.

I say it was a tough class because of the quality of cars in it. I don't know how many there were.

I was also surprised at the 2005-2006 Mustang turnout, and the level of competition. There were some really sweet, nicely modified cars in that class.
Old May 14th   #12
donnyv
donnyv
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Darn shame that our friend feels slighted. Any of us that have shown our cars more than a few times, knows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's why there are so many different cars at a show. I'm a firebird man. It's tough to compete with the high quality camaros and mustangs around here. I didn't build my car to outshow anyone. I like firebirds. If you're in it for recognition rather than the love of the sport, maybe you should consider another hobby.
donnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th   #13
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

The problem on your truck very few people at the show are old enough to know what your truck is. Most of the folks at the show think the 65 mustang is real old. Just look at the almost new units in attendance. Dont be upset. tell the folks in charge about your truck and its history.I had a very good time the swap meet was down a little but it was a very good show. I was able to tow off the old mustang club headquaters trailer from the swap meet. It will soon become a portable tatoo studio.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th   #14
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
I was able to tow off the old mustang club headquaters trailer from the swap meet. It will soon become a portable tatoo studio.
Cool, and next year you can bring it back to the show as a vendor.
Old May 15th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner
Man, that's an interesting story about your truck. I certainly noticed your truck when it came in. I had no idea of the Sears connection, or I definitely would have mentioned something over the PA. Bring it next year, make a poster with the Sears information, and we'll park it up next to the Sears building all by itself. I guarantee Glen (Service Manager, Sears) will go for it. We can't highlight a car we don't know anything about.
I was taking pictures and I didn't even see the Sears significance until this thread. It was built from a Sears catalog item and has quite a bit of history. I remember jokingly commenting, "pretty basic truck, makes it easy to drive" to the owners. They seemed in good spirits. I hope to see that truck again. It needed attention from the guys at Sears, but I think most people didn't read the information on the vehicle. I know I didn't until I looked at this picture in detail:

Pictures of the truck in its full glory:

Old May 15th   #16
2K5STANG
2K5STANG
has no status.

Smile

Hey Mr. 1919 Truck.......Samir always has you covered.....good Job!!

PS: I Liked your horn......it sounded Funny!

Last edited by 2K5STANG; May 15th at 09:34 PM.
2K5STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You know, the funny thing is, no one can even steal that car because they won't know how to start and drive it. Spark advance, choke, fuel are all manually controlled.
Old May 16th   #18
brando
brando
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamahotrod1930
WTF?
brando is offline   Reply With Quote