Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old June 6th   #1
jwebster
jwebster
has no status.

3 point seatbelt ?

Have any of you installed the 3 pt. seatbelt kits available for early Mustangs in your car? I'm considering them and am looking for comments, either good or bad.

jwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th   #2
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

The lapbelt on the Mustang is bad news. I was rearended in my 68 coupe at 45mph. My buddy in the passenger seat didn't have his belt on. He was thrown into the floorboards and was uninjured. I had my factory lapbelt on and I simply pivoted at the hip and planted my naugin into the steering wheel rim. That hurt just a bit.

P.S. although the whole back of the car buckled badly, it did not rupture the fuel tank, and I did not die. I promise.

P.P.S. My 66 vert has the evil lapbelts. It's part of the charm of a 40+ year old vehicle. I wouldn't install them unless it was truly a daily driver and I was unconcerned with authenticity, image, and history.
Old June 7th   #3
Shadow_GT
Shadow_GT
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner
I had my factory lapbelt on and I simply pivoted at the hip and planted my naugin into the steering wheel rim. That hurt just a bit.
That explains alot

Last edited by Samir; June 8th at 01:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Shadow_GT is offline   Reply With Quote