Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 15th   #1
JerseyBoy201
JerseyBoy201
feeling like a tourist, lol.

Angry Help insurance and repair issues

Okay, I have USAA as an insurer. I just had a claims person give me a quote as to what they are going to cover. First, they are not using OEM parts from the dealership, they are getting refurbished parts from Keystone (company that sell recondition parts to the insurance company). This is such Bullsh*t... My car is an 09 GT/CS with less then 60, 000 miles.... garage kept... and they want to put BS part on it. Plus, the quoted price are so low.... I have to replace the bumper, radiation, cooling fan and get it painted.... no way its only $1895. I went to the dealership before the quote and all my OEM parts are really $1674, without labor and paint.

Anyone have advice to what I could do.... I'm at a mechanic or anything. The insurance will be paying me directly ($1895), just have a $500 deductible...... 2395 - 500 = 1895.
JerseyBoy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #2
Jack Tar
Jack Tar
is being a sailor
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBoy201 View Post
Okay, I have USAA as an insurer. I just had a claims person give me a quote as to what they are going to cover. First, they are not using OEM parts from the dealership, they are getting refurbished parts from Keystone (company that sell recondition parts to the insurance company). This is such Bullsh*t... My car is an 09 GT/CS with less then 60, 000 miles.... garage kept... and they want to put BS part on it. Plus, the quoted price are so low.... I have to replace the bumper, radiation, cooling fan and get it painted.... no way its only $1895. I went to the dealership before the quote and all my OEM parts are really $1674, without labor and paint.

Anyone have advice to what I could do.... I'm at a mechanic or anything. The insurance will be paying me directly ($1895), just have a $500 deductible...... 2395 - 500 = 1895.
Argue with them about it. Tell them you want Dealer parts for it and that is why you pay for insurance. I'm not saying that they will give you what you want, but they will give you as little as they can get away with. Throw a fit with them and they may give in to shut you up. Then give me a call when you want to get it fixed.
Jack Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #3
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Insurance always lowballs and hopes you accept. Fight back and do not give in. Get an authorized dealership to give you an itemized quote and present to your insurance claims department. Stand your ground. You have a right to take where you want and for all parts and work to be done to your satisfaction. Do not sign off until the work is done to your satisfaction, including any hidden damage.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #4
JerseyBoy201
JerseyBoy201
feeling like a tourist, lol.

Thanks all.... I'm in the process of itemizing everything... from parts, labor, and paint. Plus, I'm shopping around to buy these parts from American muscle, late model restorations, and any other Mustang sites. They seem to be better prices then where the insurance company wants to get there parts from...
JerseyBoy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #5
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

If another party was the person at fault you can demand better parts. If its your fault and your ins company you are more than likely go by their guide lines.. Read your policy and see what is stated. If you signed the contract you and the ins company must abide by the terms.. You could take their money and add your own funds to buy better parts....Last you could get your self a lawyer. But then he will be the only one coming out on top as per fee's.. GOOD LUCK I hope you can come out with satisfactory results.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote