Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old December 29th   #1
jlm
jlm
has no status.

New to forum and Mustangs

Well, Santa Clause finally came to see me this year and brought me a 67 Mustang coupe. I been wanting one for years, but just never bit the bullet. My family got me the project to work on. It needs a lot of loving and I'll probably be worrying ya'll on how to do different things to it. Right now I've got the front cap off and getting ready to repalce the front frame rails then move on from there. It will be a long project as I will have to work on it as money allows me to. My plan though is to not cut corners and hopefully have a practically new car when I'm done. So, if there are any Mustang folks out there just itching to get your hands dirty or feel the need to share your experiences contact me or come on down. I'm already mulling over converting to disc brakes and power steering and will be dropping a 302 in her. Any suggestions, comment or ideas are appreciated and if anybody knows of any good places to get parts or do swapping please let me know. I look forward to this adventure and hearing from you folks. Joel
jlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th   #2
MUSKRAT2000
MUSKRAT2000
has no status.

Cj Pony Parts.com Sells Used Parts And Does Trading You Sould Try Them. And You Can Try Mps Salavage At Stangparts.com Also
MUSKRAT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th   #3
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Congrats on the new project. Our club has a ton of experience working on these cars. You might also visit Larry's Mustang Supply in Moulton and Gullatt's Mustangs in Hazel Green. Come to our next club meeting and introduce yourself.
Old December 30th   #4
Keith
Keith
has no status.

I'd recommend the swap to disks. I had drums and they take some maintenance to keep adjusted correctly. If you let them get out of adjustment, then they get kind of dangerous.
Old December 30th   #5
kennyg
kennyg
Too many projects, not enough time.

Welcome to the world of Mustangs! Give me a call if I can be of assistance. kennyg Gullatts Mustangs 256-828-6848
1969 Fairlane Cobra-Auto, Column Shift, Benchseat
1970 Mach 1-Grabber Orange 4-Speed
1994 Ford Mustang GT-Yellow 5-Speed
kennyg is offline   Reply With Quote