Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old January 2nd   #1
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

Want to trade: 1998 Mustang GT for full size truck.

As the title says, I need a truck. After the last few weeks of trying to wrestle my son's car seat in and out of the back of my Mustang, we have decided that I need something more practical. Plus I am kicking off my 88 GT project, and need something to haul this car around with, pick up some parts from Kenny, and also to take care of some other home projects I am about to have going. So, here we go.

1998 Mustang GT chrome yellow
4.6 SOHC V8
Automatic transmission
130,000 miles
black interior

Exterior mods:
Saleen front bumper
Saleen S351 spoiler (still have stock as well)
Saleen 17x9 rims with brand new Firestone Fuzions

Interior:
white faced guages
tinted windows
Clarion CD player
infinity speakers

Performance:
4.30 Mosier gears
BBK Xpipe into flowmasters
no cats

That is pretty much it. Car runs and drives good, and has no leaks or smoke.
I just had the tranny serviced and oil changed. It does have a crack in the windshield (thanks to the dump truck on 53) as well as a small crack in the fiberglass trim above the window. (see above comment.) Other than that, it doesnt need anything. It's paid for and I do have the title. It just isnt practical for me.

NADA in average condition is $7,000.

Here is what I am looking for.

Full size extended cab truck. Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Chevy/GMC doesnt matter. Nothing older than a 1996.

Must be a V8 and have comparable mileage to my Mustang and not need any major work. Average stuff like a few small dings or scratches I'm not concerned with.

You can call me at 828-1566. My name is Nick. I'm going to look tomorrow, but wanted to put this on here in case any of you guys wanted another Stang. Thanks for looking!
97minitaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd   #2
Dixiesys
Dixiesys
has no status.

Aww too bad you need extended cab, I have an 03 Lightning I want to sell and I'd like to get my paws on a nice Mustang or other fast car to play with. Good luck on your trade search
Dixiesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd   #3
hawkshaw59
hawkshaw59
has no status.

I am with you on that I have a 99 f-150 with 83,000 miles but it is a regular cab long bed. Good luck on your search.
hawkshaw59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd   #4
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

Well Dixie, if you wanted to trade that Lightning even for this Stang, I could make an exception on the reg. cab part. I've always wanted a Lightning but they are always too far out of my pricerange.

You dont happen to own Harris auto sales do you?

Last edited by 97minitaco; January 3rd at 10:30 AM.
Old January 3rd   #5
Dixiesys
Dixiesys
has no status.

No my uncle own's Harris Auto. I got the truck from his lot 2 years ago actually.

Haha I'd consider a trade for a few $1 bills and your car Maybe a stack of 14 thousand $1's and I'd probably consider it. It's not even got 25K miles on it yet and I haven't modded anything under the hood so it's still nice and unmolested.
Old January 3rd   #6
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

Lol I figured as much. I wish I could. My cousin that I got this car from has an 03 Lightning as well. It isnt stock by any stretch of the imagination, but it looks like nothing has ever been touched. Does your uncle do trade-ins or have anything around the price range of this car? I tried to look Sunday but of course he was closed.
Old January 6th   #7
Dixiesys
Dixiesys
has no status.

Oh heck yeah he does trade ins all the time.

I didn't get an email notification so sorry for the belated reply. Lightning was sold (traded in) this weekend to help my mom in law get a car (when the smoke cleared I walked away with 19K and she saved almost 500 more after all the jewing I did with the dealer over what she'da got the car for without me throwing my truck in with the deal).

If you have a reasonable cash price in mind for the Mustang holler back.