Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old August 14th   #21
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

lots of vehicles on elkwood section & ready section waiting to be photographed. they seem to be saying ( dont forget me)
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #22
smokey
smokey
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to smokey
i'm gonna whip out the digital camera and go on a scavenger hunt

Brian A. Edwards
"SMOKEY"
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #23
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

How about cars in fields

Here's one for you guys. My brother Ken has owned this '55 Pontiac Cheiftan for over 22 years.

This is a very restorable Classic car. Everything exists to the Pontiac except the air cleaner.

All of the trim is with the car and is in good shape. The floors need replaced and some of the glass is cracked.

The floors, glass, weatherstripping, roof, doors, are identical to '55 Chevy belair which makes all of the replacement parts abvailable aftermarket.

This Pontiac can be purchased for $1500-. I would like to see this vehicle stay in the Hazel Green area if possible or even Huntsville. If we needed another project we would restore the Cheiftan here at the shop, however, time and space constraints would prevent us from doing so. Purchase this extra automoblie from my brother Ken, and you will be supporting our Mustang restoration quest.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #24
HOSS429
HOSS429

let jay leno know where it is
Old August 14th   #25
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
let jay leno know where it is
I think that Jay has a garage full. I was kind of hoping the HGVFD would buy it and paint it red and make a Fire Cheif car out of it that they could use in the parades. A small block chevy will bolt right down it it you know.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #26
smokey
smokey
has no status.

we have to many project vehicles we call fire trucks now....

Brian A. Edwards
"SMOKEY"
Old August 14th   #27
HOSS429
HOSS429

smokey if you go down elkwood section with your camera . shoot the old white fire truck. it seems to be saying ( let me go to one more fire before i rust away)
Old August 14th   #28
smokey
smokey
has no status.

where is located?

Brian A. Edwards
"SMOKEY"
Old August 14th   #29
HOSS429
HOSS429

i rarely go that far down that road unless im going to ardmore , about three forths of the way to ardmore highway perhaps .on the rite in plain view . cant be missed . i will shoot it sometime if you cant. also a neat old dodge dump truck on ready section in the middle of a field.
Old August 14th   #30
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G
I think that Jay has a garage full. I was kind of hoping the HGVFD would buy it and paint it red and make a Fire Cheif car out of it that they could use in the parades. A small block chevy will bolt right down it it you know.
I wonder if Huntsville would be interested. Would that make and model have been accurate for that period?
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th   #31
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

3rd Set

1971? Firebird Formula 400, original paint, original owner. Not been moved in years - owner says saving it for his son:

1969 Cougar Convertible (sorry for quality, I was in traffic and had to snap quickly in Decatur)
mgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th   #32
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
I wonder whats under the tarp?
Old August 16th   #33
HOSS429
HOSS429

the roof line and quarter extention suggest another cougar .
Old August 16th   #34
pvteye
pvteye
has no status.

Not local, but sounds like a good deal... no connection... would love to have it myself, but to many toys now...
City: Idabel
State/Province: Oklahoma

FOR SALE:1970 429 Cobra Torino
I've got a very good project car for restoration. It is 95% complete, the car runs and drives but needs a complete restoration to be a very nice car. Very little rust and has a parts car that is included.
I have decided that I can't afford a restoration of this car and want only the payoff value at my local bank. The loan payoff should be somewhere around $4200.00, pictures available upon request.
There are many restored or replaced parts with the car.
dane@fordtruk.com
pvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th   #35
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Hoss,

Just took a picture at lunch that I'll try to post tonight - over on Seminole Drive is a light blue Pinto and an Orange Mercury Bobcat - just up your alley!
Old August 18th   #36
HOSS429
HOSS429

up my alley

kool . my new camera should be in early next week. i have many cars spotted to get pictures of . several mustangs. i have a motorcycle to do the running around with , 60 mpg
Old August 18th   #37
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Hoss,

Here they are - the blue Pinto is behind the Bobcat:

Old August 19th   #38
HOSS429
HOSS429

it looks like the grass is kept mowed around and under them. so maybe they arent neglected to death
Old August 22nd   #39
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

5th set - southwest Huntsville again:

1968 TBird - suicide doors and those hubcaps that were also standard equipment (with different center emblems) on '67 Shelbys:

1968 Firebird:

Early '50s Chevy:

1970-71 Torino GT:

Old August 23rd   #40
HOSS429
HOSS429

like old times

took the hoss 429 for a cruise to vann town this past weekend. went by that 65 mustang that has been sitting in that yard since 72 or so (post#156) also past a 69 351 4 speed mach 1 that has been sitting outside for years at an abandoned mobile home. weeds are about to grow over it. i know 3 of its previous owners . i dont know the current owner or why he neglects it so. i wish i could get pictures and details on both. a car can sit outside for a great long time and survive in pretty good condition as long as the tires are up and grass or weeds are not allowed to touch it. when that happens conductivity takes place and electrically etches away at the car from the inside out litterally. dont let your stuff touch ground and just sit. the pintos and firebird in mikes cars in barns pictures look good . you can tell they have been sitting a long time. but back to the cruise. i took a full throttle nitros blast down vann town raceway for one good old time . left about 200 feet of posi traction. felt good . this time i didnt end up like the super bee from post # 10