Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old April 18th   #21
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Yeah, well he is a mechanic up here at Lexus but he's not sure if he wants to wrench anymore haha. We are heading down there in 2 weeks to check it out and if he likes it, you guys may expand a little
Britni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #22
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

What is he looking for?

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #23
Britni
Britni
has no status.

He's pretty much open for anything at this time. My cousin works as a tech at Toyota down there but like i said he kinda wants to get out of that. Just something where he can make decent money
Old April 18th   #24
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Check Forbes mag and other sources. The Huntsville area was the top city to live in during these times. Barely hit us compared to other areas. The economy in this area is still really good.
The economy has held up quite well considering everything. But as far as these magazines touting it as one of the best places to live--I guess they've never lived here. I would've moved years ago if it wasn't for the car scene...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britni View Post
He's pretty much open for anything at this time. My cousin works as a tech at Toyota down there but like i said he kinda wants to get out of that. Just something where he can make decent money
A well trained technician makes decent money in this town. Most of the money in this city comes from the government contracts and the companies that have these contracts. And these jobs all require education, training, security clearances, and knowing someone to even get your foot in the door. Everything else is just residue. There's not much of an economy here outside of the government money coming in. So, there's this disparity in earning potential and a pretty decent gap between blue collar and white collar that you may not see as prevalently in other markets. Something to consider when job hunting.
Old April 18th   #25
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Yeah, the low end jobs are easy to come by, and higher end jobs. Once again the middle class jobs are there... you just have to find them and usually know someone who knows someone.

I started at the bottom at my job and have found my way to where I am now because I knew someone who knew someone lol

Old April 18th   #26
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Yeah haha. I think he may just tech for a bit until he finds something better. Another one of my friends builds houses down there and my cousin owns a oil rig down in mississippi. So i'm not sure what he is planning on doing. Another thing i wanted to ask, is since you all are out such lower altitude what is the how much quicker are the cars? Cause i know up here with how high we are, just to get into the 12's is alot of work haha
Old April 18th   #27
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Yeah haha. I think he may just tech for a bit until he finds something better. Another one of my friends builds houses down there and my cousin owns a oil rig down in mississippi. So i'm not sure what he is planning on doing. Another thing i wanted to ask, is since you all are out such lower altitude what is the how much quicker are the cars? Cause i know up here with how high we are, just to get into the 12's is alot of work haha
Lol no. The 12s can be pretty easy down here with a good driver. I know a stock STI that ran 13.3s all day at the track.

We also have an ungodly STI down here that blows about everything away. Think he is pushing 500whp right now but that's about to change.

Old April 18th   #28
Britni
Britni
has no status.

About to change? Hahah how? But that is great to hear!
Old April 18th   #29
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
About to change? Hahah how? But that is great to hear!
Moar powa!

Old April 18th   #30
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Hahah that's awesome! Well i suppose the car scene down there isnt as bad as we expected lol
Old April 19th   #31
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Hahah that's awesome! Well i suppose the car scene down there isnt as bad as we expected lol

Old April 19th   #32
ray
ray

Quote:
Yes...we don't all drive trucks and muscle cars.

Old April 19th   #33
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Yes...we don't all drive trucks and muscle cars.

We also don't go barefoot and fish for catfish all day. We all don't have chicken houses or broke down cars in our yard. Not all of us live in trailors or listen to Hank Williams either. Sad to think ppl actually think this about the South.

Old April 19th   #34
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Yeah my boyfriend was looking on google "is Alabama a nice place to live" haha. I was there for 3 months during the summer and loved it. I guess a lot of people were saying it was gross, some peple said they loved it and some people said it had a high crime rate. Which im sure it can't be higher then up here.
Old April 19th   #35
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Welcome and just dont work at a Dollar General and you shouldnt have anything to worry about as far as crime lol.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #36
AWDani
AWDani
is in full on mod mode.

Huntsville will break apart any an all Alabama or southern stereotypes that exist. It is truly a wonderful city to live in, work in, and play in.

Welcome!

Tomei Titanium Xpreme - AMS downpipe - AMS test pipe - Cobb Stage 2 - Rally Armor - Gram Lights 57D
AWDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #37
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Welcome and just dont work at a Dollar General and you shouldnt have anything to worry about as far as crime lol.
So true lol Its a robbers favorite store to rob around here.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 19th at 10:22 AM.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #38
Britni
Britni
has no status.

How far is huntsville from like Alex City or Jacksons' gap. Cause thats where my house is
Old April 19th   #39
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Around 3 hours away

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 19th at 11:39 AM.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #40
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Yeah my boyfriend was looking on google "is Alabama a nice place to live" haha. I was there for 3 months during the summer and loved it. I guess a lot of people were saying it was gross, some peple said they loved it and some people said it had a high crime rate. Which im sure it can't be higher then up here.
K, I grew up in New Orleans when it was the murder capital of the world. Huntsville is so easy it's not even funny. The crime rate here might as well be nothing compared to what I'm used to. Excellent place to raise a family

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDani View Post
Huntsville will break apart any an all Alabama or southern stereotypes that exist. It is truly a wonderful city to live in, work in, and play in.

Welcome!
Agreed. I've heard many say that Huntsville, Mobile, B'ham and Montgomery don't belong in this state.