Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 13th   #21
BamaRocker
BamaRocker
has no status.

Everyone forgot the most important rule of all....

DONT RUN OVER SAMIR....

hahaha
BamaRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #22
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRocker
Everyone forgot the most important rule of all....

DONT RUN OVER SAMIR....

hahaha
But that's only if I don't put myself in front of a car.
Old June 13th   #23
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

If you see the judges judging a car get out of there way cause they have a job to do and don't need you in their way.
Old June 13th   #24
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

To the folks who sent me e mails { 1 actually signed and 2 were annomous}telling me about what a terrible person I was for my negitive comments on dogs.. It was for humor. get a life or better yet get some therapy. Yes I know some dogs are service dogs. thats fine. I still dont want him decorating my wheels. Its a car show not a dog show...........................................I will add another no no................................ Do not leave your engine running. I know you want to show off your lights and your battery will die if you dont keep the battery charged . Not every one wants to smell your exhalst..At least cut off your air conditioner so everyone does not have to walk through the water from condesation. This happened at a local cruise in............
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #25
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
Do not leave your engine running. I know you want to show off your lights and your battery will die if you dont keep the battery charged . Not every one wants to smell your exhalst..At least cut off your air conditioner so everyone does not have to walk through the water from condesation. This happened at a local cruise in............
I do this cause it is getting hot and I wana stay cool. A little water never hurt no one, and who doesn't like the smell of exhaust it is like a heavenly sent "cough cough"
Old June 14th   #26
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
I totally agree about the dogs thing...I dont think theres any reason you should be walking around peoples expensive cars and trucks with your animal but thats just me

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #27
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to IRAM-Z
I think a running car is fine as long as you keep it down to 5-10 min at a time. Hang your head in shame if you need a jump start just to leave for the night.
IRAM-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #28
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I will hang my head then cause that has happened to me. LOL
Old June 14th   #29
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
yeah good stuff....I herd this one at hardees in reference to my truck.."Youd think with all the money in that truck he would be able to afford an alignment...his camber is off real bad..how redneck"...LMAO! that was funny
I'm suprised I haven't heard that one...
Old June 14th   #30
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9racer
To the folks who sent me e mails { 1 actually signed and 2 were annomous}telling me about what a terrible person I was for my negitive comments on dogs.. It was for humor. get a life or better yet get some therapy. Yes I know some dogs are service dogs. thats fine. I still dont want him decorating my wheels. Its a car show not a dog show...........................................I will add another no no................................ Do not leave your engine running. I know you want to show off your lights and your battery will die if you dont keep the battery charged . Not every one wants to smell your exhalst..At least cut off your air conditioner so everyone does not have to walk through the water from condesation. This happened at a local cruise in............
All you have to do to keep the juice in the battery is get an A/C to D/C convertor. Its basically like a trickle charger. Plug your car in, and the battery doesn't go dead.
Old June 14th   #31
intenseconcepts
intenseconcepts
has no status.

as for the dog issue - my friend brought his dog with us when we went to the gurley hardees show a couple weeks ago, and i think he got more attention and compliments with his dog than i did with my truck! but i do agree that its not cool for dogs to be jumping up on people or their cars, or for them to be leaving "presents" on peoples wheels or in parking lots. my friend's dog was pretty well behaved though.

as for the vehicle running and having the a/c going - i'm sure anybody that went to jeff's muffler last sunday knows that sometimes, this is a necessity! especially when its 100 degrees and there's no shade anywhere.
Old June 14th   #32
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i think i remember that dog . it was so small it could`nt pee high enuff to wet a wheel anyway. was a cute beast though
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #33
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

dogs, I don't know, I have mixed feelings on that on, I guess it would depend on the dog,
out of the 3 I 've got, I have taken 2 of them with me, they are both very
confortable around people, and are well behaved,
they are like children, have to watched all the time and cleaned up afterwords.
If that's what it takes to get my wife to come to some of the shows,
then they, ( one or both) are coming with.

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #34
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by intenseconcepts
as for the dog issue - my friend brought his dog with us when we went to the gurley hardees show a couple weeks ago, and i think he got more attention and compliments with his dog than i did with my truck! but i do agree that its not cool for dogs to be jumping up on people or their cars, or for them to be leaving "presents" on peoples wheels or in parking lots. my friend's dog was pretty well behaved though.

as for the vehicle running and having the a/c going - i'm sure anybody that went to jeff's muffler last sunday knows that sometimes, this is a necessity! especially when its 100 degrees and there's no shade anywhere.
Was he the one with the pit? If so, I did see it jump up on the side of one of my members cars...he didn't mind, but I do remember saying "thats why dogs shouldn't be allowed at car shows"
Old June 14th   #35
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by intenseconcepts

Jeff's was awful...well...not the show. I loved the show...the HEAT was awful. lol I was in my truck, or someone's at one point in time or another trying to cool off.
Old June 14th   #36
HOSS429
HOSS429

the heat kept me away
Old June 14th   #37
Taco
Taco
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
If you didn't win, it's not because the people at the show were out to get you or think your car isn't a great specimen. Different shows have different rules for judging. Know what will and won't be judged. Just as not all cars were created equal, neither were all shows.
This is usually the case, however, it's not always true.

Anybody that was at the last "show" at the A&W before it became Lot 3 at Bentley Pontiac will tell you, the trophies were awarded to, and this was blatantly announced over the PA, to all the promoters' buddies.

The class I was in (and this is the only show I entered that I didn't win my class, by the way, so don't tell me my car was just not good enough!!!) was taken 1-2-3 by the older gentlemen in the Impalas at the show. They were nice, very clean and tastefully modified, but when the announcer/promoter announces "These are going to my ol' buddies in the Impalas"... it just makes you feel like you shouldn't have even bothered.

I have always had a chip about that because were it not for that one show, I would have had a perfect record showing my car.

Anyways, good list of rules, I especially note the "that don't even belong in a show" statements. Just because it's not what you would have done to your car doesn't mean somebody is not very proud of the work and time and money invested in it. They paid their dues (and entry fees) and deserve to be there just as much as any other participant.

Taco
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #38
HOSS429
HOSS429

less than two posts a month dude . you need to speek up more
Old June 14th   #39
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I guess I am with K9 on the Exhaust issue. I can appreciate the wonderful smell of a big block pulling into the show, just like the rest of you. But sometimes it gets a little big nausiating(?) smelling the fumes coming from the exhaust. If it is A\C you are looking for, go inside the establishment that is holding the event, I.E. Hardees, Steak&Shake, 302 etc... Or just stay at home if you can't handle the heat.lol I know tha is kinda harsh, but alot of times if your car is running, RICERS IN PATICULAR, they like to rev up thier engines as loud as they can get it to go, just to see if anyone is listening, or because they think that they have more RPM range than the next person. Which brings me to another etiquette, "DONT REV YOUR ENGINE REPEATABLY WHILE EVERYONE ELSE IS TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ENJOY THE SHOW, NOONE WANTS TO HERE THAT GARBAGE." Not saying that Ricers are the only ones that do it either. Cause there are some V8 and V6ers that like to think they have more B@!!$ than anyone else as well. Just be respectfull to others.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #40
Taco
Taco
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW
less than two posts a month dude . you need to speek up more
I post is flurries. I have to post when I can from where I can, usually at work between phone calls (near constant).

Samir can vouch for my validity as a contributing member of the local scene, I just have other priorities too.

Taco
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote