Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old May 29th   #1
Justa J0e
Justa J0e
has no status.
Edit

Auto Detailing. Where?

First, I apologize if this wasn't the right forum to post this question. I couldn't quite decide the best place and this looked like the spot.

Could anyone here recommend a really GOOD car detailer in the Huntsville/Madison area ?

The last place I tried was that place in Madison across from the Walmart and quite frankly ... I was under impressed. Maybe I just got a guy who wasn't very interested in doing a detailed detail job but there was stuff like leaving wax around door handles and the like ... I can do that sloppy a job myself

Anyway, it seemed like if there was any group to ask this question of, it would be this group!

Thanks a lot.

J0e
Old June 1st   #2
Justa J0e
Justa J0e
has no status.
Edit

Detailing. Where? - update

Just FYI -
On the recommendation of a rather "picky" friend I have left a vehicle with "Quality One" on Wall Triana Hwy in Madison.

I'll post a critique of their work when I get the vehicle back.

Hmmmm, I wonder if they'd do a better job if they knew that everyone in the Huntsville Car scene was going to read about it?

J0e
Old June 1st   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd be interested in your experience as well. I try to work with local companies if they can do good solid work.
Old June 11th   #4
Unregistered
Unregistered
has no status.
Edit

Detailing. Where? - Review

Sorry to be so late with this review.

The business is "Quality One" on Wall Triana Hwy in Madison

The "detailing was done on my wife's van and she was paying for it.
This was supposed to be an inside and outside detailing and she was quite happy with the job.

Her only real complaint was that they told her it would be ready in 20 minutes, she gave them an hour before she went to pick it up and then it took them another 20 minutes to get it "ready".
At that point she was finally headed home and the sky opened up leaving her to drive home in a downpour.

The fact that the car was dripping wet when she pulled into the darkened garage might have worked in their favor as I am much more critical of anything advertised as an "auto detailing"
They charged $125 for an inside and out detailing job but in my view what she got was a really good hand wash/wax and interior cleaning/carpet shampoo job.

So, What's the difference?
It's in the details. Like when you open the doors and look at the door frame. They did obviously run a cleaning rag around the door frames but left dirt in the corners. All the more noticeable when you clean part of the frame.

The front grill work. They had obviously run a soapy rag over and inside the grillwork but didn't bother to get the "hard to get" areas of the grill. Once again, when you clean part of something it only makes the "not" cleaned part stick out more.

I know this is being REALLY picky but that is supposed to be WHY you shell out that much cash for a detailing job.

All in all, I probably could have gone back with a wet rag myself and cleaned up all of the areas they missed in about 40 minutes but that can usually be said for ANY decent hand wash and wax job ... at just half the cost.

Bottom line, my wife is very pleased. Me? Not so much. At least not for that kind of money.

So I have now had experience with 2 "Detailing" companies in the Huntsville area that missed the fine details of the job.

If anyone knows of (or hears of one in the future) a detailing place that actually does a detailed job I hope you'll post about it.
Old June 11th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Very good info. Thank you for the feedback.
Old June 27th   #6
CADster
CADster
has no status.

out hwy 53 there is a detailing shop. just past autozone, and weup, on the right. if you pass stringfield rd (spring?), youve gone too far.

99.00 complete detail.

never used them. i wash my own cars

Last edited by blakdak91; June 27th at 02:56 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th   #7
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdak91
out hwy 53 there is a detailing shop. just past autozone, and weup, on the right. if you pass stringfield rd (spring?), youve gone too far.

99.00 complete detail.

never used them. i wash my own cars
I do my own also but if I was shopping for one I'd start with what do THEY drive? and would mention that a review will be posted At HuntsvilleCarScene...
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote