Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 10th   #1
CADster
CADster
has no status.

check out my new ride

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/761047

bought this today.

could not finish my car for the price this was going for. love everything but the color. plans are to two tone the car. black top / copper bottom.

so i now have two ludes.

the new one will get my suspension put under her and the 4ws kit i have in the garage. should be really nice when done and far cheaper then doing all of that to my red lude.

i also get a C/F hood in the deal and a boatload of extra parts.
not a fan of the whole C/F look... so it may be for sale.

and the stickers are the first thing coming off my new lude.

Last edited by blakdak91; July 10th at 01:15 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Congrats on the new car! I've seen a similar one around town. I think it looks pretty good just the way it sits.
Old July 10th   #3
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
nice ride

Very nice ride blakdak...Looks very clean, Congrats also
cobaltracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th   #4
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Congrats on the new car! I've seen a similar one around town. I think it looks pretty good just the way it sits.
are you thinking about that copper colored 240 ?

or have you seen a copper 3rd gen lude around here ?

thanks cobalt

going to pick her up this weekend... she is in st. louis
Old July 11th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It was a copper 3rd gen lude. For a second I thought that was it until I looked at the location. It was a couple of years back and even then I only saw it once or twice.
Old July 11th   #6
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I like that car. Not a fan of the Color either, by any means.lol That is a little too flashy for me. The two tone may look better though. I am in no means trying to down the car, but is that dyno chart with or without all of the work done to the motor? Is it an Automatic, or does it just have Auto Gauge Faces? how many miles are on the motor with all the mods? What does it mean by B20A5 conversion? that motor came stock in that car, unless it is a S model. Or being a 91 it may have had the B21A or whatever that motor was, then that would explain the "conversion". But why would you not just keep the larger motor, unless it was not as Modifiable. Oh well. Very nice find though. That is one of the straightest bodys on a gen 3 that I have seen in a while. Congrats on the new car, are you going to use the Red car for a Daily now, or sell it? let me know if you are getting rid of it. I know some guys looking for some older hondas. But if I were you I would just keep it.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #7
CADster
CADster
has no status.

dbl post... delete the first one please ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
It was a copper 3rd gen lude. For a second I thought that was it until I looked at the location. It was a couple of years back and even then I only saw it once or twice.
OH... no, ive never seen this color around town.

trying to meet some fellow 3rd genners in town. you just dont see the car around like in the past... its going the way of the scirocco

now that i have this one... maybe this one will be good enough for samir to take pics of ... hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
I like that car. Not a fan of the Color either, by any means.lol That is a little too flashy for me. The two tone may look better though. I am in no means trying to down the car, but is that dyno chart with or without all of the work done to the motor? Is it an Automatic, or does it just have Auto Gauge Faces? how many miles are on the motor with all the mods? What does it mean by B20A5 conversion? that motor came stock in that car, unless it is a S model. Or being a 91 it may have had the B21A or whatever that motor was, then that would explain the "conversion". But why would you not just keep the larger motor, unless it was not as Modifiable. Oh well. Very nice find though. That is one of the straightest bodys on a gen 3 that I have seen in a while. Congrats on the new car, are you going to use the Red car for a Daily now, or sell it? let me know if you are getting rid of it. I know some guys looking for some older hondas. But if I were you I would just keep it.lol
dyno is first tuned run. its set for low boost. 8lbs.

car has 130k on the odometer, engine has 3k, tranny has 60k

its a 91 with a 1989 nose. the 91 came with b21 engines. the sleeves of the b21 are not iron, so they cause problems. the best setup for boost in 3rd gens (baring a h22/h23 swap)is a b20 block with a b21 head, this setup is good to 18lbs. the block is in the car, ive got a b21 head being built for boost now. it will be going on the car but i dont know about cranking the boost up that high.

its a 5 speed with the indiglow guages from ebay. these are only for the auto. plans are to remove them and the C/F interior parts... too ricy for my taste

dont know if im keeping the red one or not. ive had two people ask about it already but they think the suspension i just finished is going with the car.... its not. im swapping it with the copper suspension (stock with springs and camber kit).

i did some photoshop paint ideas last night. i came up with a damn cool one but it would cost too much to have done i fear.

thanks for the likes

buying this car over building the red one saved me at least 3K . took me about two weeks to get the wife to see this as well.

Last edited by blakdak91; July 12th at 08:44 AM.
Old July 12th   #8
CADster
CADster
has no status.

more info on car sent to me via Email -

1991 Si

1989 front end, swapped and rebuilt B20a5 ( pistons, rings, bearings, pump(s), valve job to head, Appx 3k on all of it

accord skirts all the way around - have extra teg lip also

Door vents and factory sunroof cover

255 walbro in tank fuel pump

390 Injectors

Maxbore throttle body

14b polished and rebuilt turbo - Appx 3k on it

Polished DSM blow off valve

polished and modded DSM side mount intercooler - Scoop on hood for extra cooling

( feel free to use a front mount if you dont want A/C and wanna butcher the front end)

polished valve cover (have 2 of them)

2 bar GM map sensor

Custom Log Mani - tig welded, reinforced and planed perfectyly flat

New clutch, PP, TB, about 800 miles on it - stage 2 street, turned flywheel

JDM tranny from an 88 installed about 800 miles agao. Quoted as appx 60k from seller

New axles on both sides (about 800 miles)

new drilled and slotted rotors (about 800 miles) & freshly painted calipers

new custom inserts in seats - rest of interior is spotless no rips tears or cracks. will easily compete with a 5th gen....its that nice.

Dupont Paint - 3 base coat/Standox clear - 4 coats - sanded with 2000 and buffed

tinted windows

88 Trans-am spoiler

M3 Mirrors ( have originals also)

Side marker lights

Autometer Ultra lite gauges (oil, boost/vacuum/air fuel)

Safc II

MSD Boost timing master

A/C that works

17" Volution wheels w/ no rash

Kuhmo tires - 10k

Drop coils - about 1 1/2 " w/camber kit

New exhaust 2.5" front to back including cat

Battery relocated and new (6 months old)

Ground wire kit

New alternator this year

oem Timing belt also 3k ago.

Brake master cylinder 12k

oem Clutch master 10k

oem Slave cylinder 10k

Alarm with Door locks back in December

hey FAST69 .. you want to go with me to get it ?

Last edited by blakdak91; July 12th at 08:50 AM.
Old July 12th   #9
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
That sounds like a good deal of work, glad to see it going to someone that can use all that. If you are interested I still have my gauge bezel that I had Fiberglassed for my Prelude, it is a direct replacment for the stock center air vents. It had Two Gauges Autometer Phantom, Oil Pressure and Air\Fuel that mount behind the bezel, so it gives it a really cool look to it. I will just give it to you, seeing as I am probably not going to be getting another Lude in the near future, my current car is taking all the money that I have.lol Here is a Pic of it. If you want it, just let me know. I can get it to you somehow. It is currently the original White color. It was not painted it was Died the White color. Jim Sandy at S&S did the work for all of my interior. But it can be painted easily.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #10
CADster
CADster
has no status.

wow.. thanks munchie. i would love to have that.

teh seller said its a baseline tune or something. he believes the car can hit 200 h.p. i dont know. i get a truck bed full of additional parts. lots in that bottom list is not installed.

and i like your jetta.. its sharp. the euro nose is cool.
its newer and has more hi-tech goodies.

Last edited by blakdak91; July 12th at 08:52 PM.
Old July 13th   #11
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdak91

i did some photoshop paint ideas last night. i came up with a damn cool one but it would cost too much to have done i fear.
holy crap.... this is almost exactly the same sceme i came up with.

how ironic...

how much do you think this would cost to do ?
(just the back with silver hi-lights, the car is already copper)

the style i was thinking of is to have the copper 'peeling' back showing the black 'under' it, in and around several creases and corners. with silver hi-lights added for contrast.

Last edited by blakdak91; July 13th at 01:24 PM.
Old July 13th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hmm...not sure. Even though the car is copper, I'm sure they'd have to re-clear the whole car. We've got site sponsors that do good work, so check them out.