Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old August 6th   #1
E McClure
E McClure
has no status.

Local Racer Needs Your Help!

Greetings everyone,

My name is Eric McClure. I am a local stock car racer from Madison, AL. I was out at the Gurley Cruise-In on Saturday (8/5) with the blue & yellow #39 racecar, if anyone remembers seeing or hearing it. I've been racing around the area on asphalt & dirt since I was 14 and now I have a shot at something really big.

I am a contestant hopeful for the newest of reality shows, called "Racin For A Livin" (www.racinforalivin.com). Originally the show picked 50 drivers out of thousands across the country, but they also picked 21 "Wildcard" drivers and I am one of those. Online voting now determines who moves on to possibly be chosen by veteran NASCAR judges as one of the shows 12 contestants. Fifteen of the original group and 5 of my Wildcard group will move on to that point. I'm currently in 10th and need to be in the TOP 5 to make it to the next step, which is proving myself. I know if given the chance to do so, I can make it onto the show. The winner of this show will receive a 7 race contract to race in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2007. Win or lose even after elimination American Idol style, all contestants will remain on the show and compete on the track in order to receive exposure to big sponsors and teams. This is a very big deal to me and could determine the rest of my life.

I urge, beg, and plead everyone to vote for me Eric McClure at RacinForALivin.com, and tell everyone you know about it. Voting ends on August 15th. Not only would this be great for me, but a great boost for motorsports in Alabama and I guarantee I can represent our state and local area very well. Whether you are a car enthusiast or racing junkie, please help a local guy out. There are no vote totals that we can see but I believe it is very close, but I'm sure I need a few thousand votes to really secure a spot.

To find out more info you can visit my website at www.Eric-McClure.com, and check out my feature on our local About.com page which also features some of the media things I've been doing at the following link: http://huntsville.about.com/od/sports/p/ericmcclure.htm. Thanks for your time and I hope to meet more of you in the future!
E McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th   #2
MADEWELL
MADEWELL
has no status.

Thumbs up

just hit you up for about thirty votes....i will hit it every day i can till the 15th. we can vote as many times as we want .....just dont hit the back button . gotta start over on the site each time you vote....

GOOD LUCK !!

05 SRT-4
97 GST
03 R6
MADEWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Ya'll...I can vouch for him. He and I raced door to door and wheel to wheel out at Huntsville Speedway for a couple of years. The kid's good...I'm tellin ya. If memory serves me correctly he won his first street stock race the first time he ever pulled it on the track. You want to talk about racing talent...you've got it in Eric McClure. On top of talent, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, on or off the track. I got on there and put some votes in for him a little while ago, and I will be certain to keep adding votes as time goes by. I'm pulling for you bro. Good luck!
Old August 7th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I heard of Eric and the show and got to meet him in person at the opening for Talladega Nights promotion done by Rave and Rocket 95.1.

I can honestly say that on a personal level I'd really like Eric to be there and get his shot. He's a really down to earth guy that loves to drive and deserves a chance. I second his pleade for everyone to vote for him. He represents a lot of what makes the scene here in Huntsville great. Birmingham may have the singers, but we've got the drivers.

Vote every second you get a chance. I've got some pictures of our meetings both at the Talladega Nights promo and the Gurley Cruise-In. I'll try to have them up sometime tommorrow, but no guarantees.
Old August 7th   #5
Sydracer
Sydracer
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sydracer
Just voted about 10 times. I'll keep on voting til the 15th!
Good Luck! I hope to see you make it!
Sydracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #6
E McClure
E McClure
has no status.

Thanks guys, your support really means a lot! I'm crossing my fingers until next Tuesday..
Old August 7th   #7
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

eric, its justin caruso. we raced together a long time ago. man i had no IDEA that you were in on this. anyway best of luck to you and coming from one young racer to another, keep digging youll get it one day if you really want it.
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #8
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Well I was bored on my lunch break, so you are good for about 30 from me.lol
Always glad to support a fellow LOCAL BOY!!!!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th   #9
CADster
CADster
has no status.

i know your parents !!!!!!!!!!!!!

your mom gave the wife a ton of those little busness cards with the web address.

between the wife and i, you've got about 100 votes

Last edited by CADster; August 7th at 02:08 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #10
BamaRocker
BamaRocker
has no status.

IM in...I will vote everyday as well...

BamaRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

I just dropped another 20 or 30 votes...until my clicking finger got tired. lol

Last edited by JayMack75; August 8th at 12:19 PM.
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #12
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

hey same here, what the heck, give someone local a chance!!!!!!!!! Now wheres that 50 bucks you promised,,,J/K
Impala_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

A couple more votes from me. Only a few days left--VOTE!
Old August 9th   #14
ludeamister
ludeamister
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

ive voted about 50 times ummm no one has moved from like the first time u sent it? You think there actually not going by vote because i doubt everyone has enough votes to stay in the same place?
ludeamister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th   #15
E McClure
E McClure
has no status.

Tens of thousands of people are voting a day, I belive. We were awarded bonus votes for media exposure (50,000 tv; 20,000 newspaper; 15,000 radio) so the totals are very big. I and everyone else are unsure of the gap between competitors but I just hope it is small. Win or lose, thanks everyone for your support!
Old August 9th   #16
Sydracer
Sydracer
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sydracer
Just hit you 10 more times today!
I'll keep on because I'm sure others are voting many times in a row also.
You have ALOT of support behind you here.
Best of luck to ya!
Kelly
Sydracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th   #17
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by E McClure
Tens of thousands of people are voting a day, I belive. We were awarded bonus votes for media exposure (50,000 tv; 20,000 newspaper; 15,000 radio) so the totals are very big. I and everyone else are unsure of the gap between competitors but I just hope it is small. Win or lose, thanks everyone for your support!
You need to get some local news coverage. Call 19 31 or 48. I'm sure 54 would do something too...or have you already?
Old August 9th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

He's had local news coverage before, but it's time for a blitz, like right now! Only 5 days left!
Old August 14th   #19
hanichj
hanichj
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Red face

We only have 2 days left and he's in 9th (as far as everyone knows). Let's get him into 8th!! Everyone please keep voting and for those who have been voting, thank you so so much! :-)
hanichj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

8th? We need him in 5th at least!!! Come on everyone...vote as much as you can today and tonight