Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old September 23rd   #1
black_nightmare
black_nightmare
has no status.

Must be nice...

to have that kind of money!

The Shelby that was being auctioned by Woody Anderson Ford went for $69000!
2001 GT Premium Package, Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler and 10lb pulley, Accufab intake plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Mach 1 Grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler,B&M Shifter, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Magnaflow X pipe w/cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, K&N Filter, Airbox snorkle removed, BBK underdrive pulleys, Bullitt front brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, SPEC stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, FR500 seats, Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors.
black_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #2
mmr007
mmr007
has no status.

yeah except just because you have it doesn't mean you should be stupid about it. $26,000 over sticker!? At 8000 units per year and a limited appeal ($43,000 for a mustang means a limited appeal) that car will be selling for less than MSRP within 6-8 months...but I guess if someone just has to be first on their block to have it...so be it. I just hope they didn't buy it as an investment because they just got hosed. Still a damn purty car though and I hope they enjoy it. Any word on the convertible? Is that up for auction?
mmr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #3
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Robin or George did not mention to me that it was up for auction.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #4
black_nightmare
black_nightmare
has no status.

Skip said the convertible will go up for auction next week.

For that kind of money, I would rather have a new Z06.
2001 GT Premium Package, Procharger P1SC w/ 3 core intercooler and 10lb pulley, Accufab intake plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Mach 1 Grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler,B&M Shifter, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Magnaflow X pipe w/cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, K&N Filter, Airbox snorkle removed, BBK underdrive pulleys, Bullitt front brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, SPEC stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, FR500 seats, Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors.
Old September 23rd   #5
brando
brando
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_nightmare
Skip said the convertible will go up for auction next week.

For that kind of money, I would rather have a new Z06.
Hmmm...methinks I see a new convert!
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #6
black_nightmare
black_nightmare
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando

Let's see 500+ HP, ~3000lbs, AND 26MPG vs. ~500HP, 3600lbs, and maybe 20MPG. For the money it would be NOOOO CONTEST!! Now if the Shelby were bringing sane prices it might be a different story.
Old September 23rd   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando
lol
Old September 25th   #8
mmr007
mmr007
has no status.

anybody hear that one of the 2006 shelby hertz cars was auctioned off for $250,000? Damn
Old September 25th   #9
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr007
anybody hear that one of the 2006 shelby hertz cars was auctioned off for $250,000? Damn
Click here for information
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #10
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_nightmare
Let's see 500+ HP, ~3000lbs, AND 26MPG vs. ~500HP, 3600lbs, and maybe 20MPG. For the money it would be NOOOO CONTEST!! Now if the Shelby were bringing sane prices it might be a different story.
MPG? What's that?
Old September 25th   #11
pvteye
pvteye
has no status.

"car will be selling for less than MSRP within 6-8 months"

I'll take that bet.. sold my option for one for 12K.... car has been available for orders since April, and is still commanding 15 to 25 K over list...5 months into the run...
Most of the 2007 allocation is already spoken for by dealers no chance they will sell below MSRP this year...
04 MystiChrome Vert #423 1 of 495 Verts
K&N FIPK/ BBK Inlet Tube / MagnaFlow CatBack / RWTD Tune / Mac catted ProChamber
445.9 RWHP 417.9 RWTQ SAE Corrected
pvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #12
glenncamp3
glenncamp3
has no status.

not even three months then they will put a rebate on them its just to bad you pay 60k for it then in three months it is worth 25k
glenncamp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #13
AmericanMustang
AmericanMustang
has no status.

Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenncamp3
not even three months then they will put a rebate on them its just to bad you pay 60k for it then in three months it is worth 25k
This car was a pre-production car, one of only TEN. Woody Anderson only received the car because they were one of the top ten dealers in the country for Mustang sales. While that might not mean much to you or I, there is some guy down the road - probably at a Barrett Jackson Auction who is going to drop his left nut to get that car.

I hear everyone, not just on this site complaining about the "over sticker" amount. How much does a ZO6 cost? Or any other 500 HP sports car cost?
Seems to me they're a hell of a lot more than 70 grand. This Shelby is a world class car. There will be a lot of high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead. Unless their egos won't let them admit it.

My hats off to Ford for building such a great piece of American Muscle and the American nostalgias for helping the new Mustang become one of the most sought after cars in recent history. Poke your chests out boys!

Last edited by AmericanMustang; September 25th at 08:57 PM.
AmericanMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #14
mmr007
mmr007
has no status.

I'm not complaining because whether it's $45k or $70k, I can't afford it. My point is that I've seen cobra R's go for sticker in so cal where I came from (you know the ones they made only 107 and 250 of respectively) Now Ford is going to make 8000 units per year of a car that is more than most people can pay for a mustang. Is it worth it? Yes. Will you find one for sticker or less by February? Definately
Old September 26th   #15
AmericanMustang
AmericanMustang
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr007
I'm not complaining because whether it's $45k or $70k, I can't afford it. My point is that I've seen cobra R's go for sticker in so cal where I came from (you know the ones they made only 107 and 250 of respectively) Now Ford is going to make 8000 units per year of a car that is more than most people can pay for a mustang. Is it worth it? Yes. Will you find one for sticker or less by February? Definately
For my own selfishness, I hope that's the case because I'm in. After driving a Shelby I would be very surprised if the demand didn't increase. I guess we will have to wait and see. How long have the ZO6 been out? How are the Vipers selling? Are they selling for less? Time will tell.
Old September 26th   #16
mmr007
mmr007
has no status.

Dodge sells less than 2000 Vipers per year. But even though HP figures are comparable between the Shelby Mustang, Viper and corvette, the mustang suffers from inherant problems. (BTW I love mustangs more than any car ever built so don't flame me for that) Vipers and to a lesser extent corvettes are considered supercars. They look like nothing else. To the untrained eye, a shelby looks just like v6 mustangs that have factory hood stripes and upgraded rims (again to the untrained eye). A guy wanting to plunk down $70K (including markup) doesn't want to be confused with anything lesser. Everybody knows Vipers and corvettes don't have v6 models.

Also, the shelby will siphon off Roush and Saleen models sales but shouldn't hurt vettes or vipers too much. It will be interesting to see what happens to shelby sales since the mustang will have so many special models (saleen built boss 302 for $50K, a 350 hp shelby hertz model and the aforementioned models) remember that chevy learned the hard way that the corvette from hell, the ZR1, which way outperformed the base corvette had lousy sales because of price and it didn't look that distinguishable from a car less than 1/2 the cost. this will be the problem for the shelby
Old September 26th   #17
AmericanMustang
AmericanMustang
has no status.

Roger that. I apologize for flaming. Obviously I'm pretty passionate about people bashing salespeople and the domestic dealers when they finally have a product that has that kind of demand. The dealer doesn't create that value the public does.
Old September 26th   #18
mmr007
mmr007
has no status.

If you're apologizing to me don't, because none is necessary. I just didn't want somebody to misunderstand my statement about "inherent flaws" when relating to mustangs, as they relate to supercar status. Ford doesn't feel it's a car to compare with the viper or Z06 or it would have priced it as such. They are smart enough (wierd given they're almost backrupt from putting all their financial eggs in the SUV basket) to know that a 500 hp limited edition mustang isn't worth $70k, again that's why ford didn't price it that way. That is artificial just like cabbage patch dolls, tickle me elmos and mazda miatas. And it won't last. I remember looking at #250 of 250 '95 cobra r in the show room at cerritos ford. It had been sitting there for awhile and they were going to sell it to me for sticker, and I don't have a racing license. I love the shelbys and the mustang in general and will always support Ford. At $43,000 they hit a homerun...anything more than that is just silly
Old September 26th   #19
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Woody had a '95 Cobra R that sat on their lot for almost two years as well.
Old September 26th   #20
AmericanMustang
AmericanMustang
has no status.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene
Woody had a '95 Cobra R that sat on their lot for almost two years as well.
Sure, that could happen. Through I think this car has a broder appeal. For starters it has air conditioning and a back seat.