Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old October 7th   #1
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

whitesburg show how was it?

Good turn out or not?

I know last year there where at least 80-100 cars there not for sure though.
baggedclips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th   #2
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

Good turn out, not to sure about the judging, one of them made some racial slures toward one of the guys showing today,

If you didnt have a muscle car it really wasnt worth going.

But that is my opinion only
Impala_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

plenty of non muscle car stuff on hand.. you,re hating on them a bit wrongly
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
wes dont tell anyone about that racial slur I made....dont think i dont like the import guys...it was just a joke

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th   #5
HOSS429
HOSS429

only thing that bugged me was same as last year that awful church music..
Old October 7th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429

nice stuff

Old October 7th   #7
CADster
CADster
has no status.

i hit it late, so i did not show mine.
got to meet jetstar. we talked for a few.

went to the gurly cruise in later ... nothing there.
Old October 7th   #8
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

DUDE, dont tell me I am hating on them a bit wrongly?, dont speak for me, I have a non muscle car that I showed, Parked by the ones you took pictures of.

I was unhappy with the judge point blank.

He made a racial remark about recardo and I didnt like it.

The other part I didnt like is that a stock brand new car 2007 mustang could win a trophy after the judge set up there and told us about thier national point systems, a couple of us caught him in a huge lie, but we left it all alone and just had fun, He said it, not me. The rest of the show I much enjoyed, good ppl, good food, the band was pretty good as well.

Last edited by Impala_style; October 7th at 08:47 PM.
Old October 7th   #9
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
wes dont tell anyone about that racial slur I made....dont think i dont like the import guys...it was just a joke

Ur so wrong, and hey the wifey gave me permission to go next weekend!

O and the comment was about a mini trucker I thought is what you said?

Last edited by Impala_style; October 7th at 08:50 PM.
Old October 7th   #10
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_style
If you didnt have a muscle car it really wasnt worth going.

But that is my opinion only
i`m not speaking for you
Old October 7th   #11
Impala_style
Impala_style
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW
i`m not speaking for you

HAHA, ok I c ur point, but I am not hating on them, I am telling my opinion! and only that. You know what opinions are like right? A bunch of the folks around here!!! J/k
Old October 7th   #12
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Well based on what I just read the show didn't get any better since last year after they mailed me and maybe a couple other people about improvements for the sport compact division. Oh well hail NOPI.
Old October 7th   #13
baggedclips
baggedclips
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Quote:
DUDE, dont tell me I am hating on them a bit wrongly?, dont speak for me, I have a non muscle car that I showed, Parked by the ones you took pictures of.

I was unhappy with the judge point blank.

He made a racial remark about recardo and I didnt like it.

The other part I didnt like is that a stock brand new car 2007 mustang could win a trophy after the judge set up there and told us about thier national point systems, a couple of us caught him in a huge lie, but we left it all alone and just had fun, He said it, not me. The rest of the show I much enjoyed, good ppl, good food, the band was pretty good as well.

I'm thinking about boring my dads nova ss and put it in some shows. Red with creme int everything still original except motor. Its got a lsvtec in it oops a 400 something big block.
Old October 7th   #14
CADster
CADster
has no status.

Quote:
The other part I didnt like is that a stock brand new car 2007 mustang could win a trophy
im new to the entering my own car in the show 'scene' but i see this all the time.

i dont see how a 16+ year old vehicle can compete with a 16 week old vehicle.

i have a pretty nice car, but i dont see how i can get my car 'clean' enough to go up against cars that are brand new or have never been on the road except to drive to a show.

is that what showing is all about ?

cleaness ?

i thought it was about being custom, or rare, unique, or whatever.

but it seems they take exception to muscle cars (or anything that old or older). does it really boil down to being a 25 year old classic and you can then have drive wear?

Last edited by CADster; October 7th at 09:27 PM.
CADster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th   #15
HOSS429
HOSS429

i like the looks of new stuff but it does`nt belong at a car show..
Old October 8th   #16
HOSS429
HOSS429

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedclips
Well based on what I just read the show didn't get any better since last year after they mailed me and maybe a couple other people about improvements for the sport compact division. Oh well hail NOPI.
you just dont see enough young people involved in putting events together.. they would rather fight than get along .. thats why there, s 27 car clubs in town and why there will never be a car counsel..
Old October 8th   #17
jetstar
jetstar
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADster
im new to the entering my own car in the show 'scene' but i see this all the time.

i dont see how a 16+ year old vehicle can compete with a 16 week old vehicle.

i have a pretty nice car, but i dont see how i can get my car 'clean' enough to go up against cars that are brand new or have never been on the road except to drive to a show.

cleaness ?

but it seems they take exception to muscle cars (or anything that old or older). does it really boil down to being a 25 year old classic and you can then have drive wear?
That seems to be an issue with some of the shows around here. A couple of years ago, at the Redstone Aresenal show, a 2 day old RX-8 won best of show.. caused a big stir. The problem is, with so many imports and muscle cars at local shows, it's a melting pot of all makes and models. At big shows like Goodguys and NSRA shows, there is a cut off date in terms of year model. Most Goodguys events are for 1972 and earlier. Thusly, the likelihood of a tricked out '07 car winning best of show is history. Most shows around here are fund-raisers, so to support the cause, it's come one, come all.

I think everyone should enjoy the event, people, etc, and not get wrapped up about winning a 3 dollar trophy.

CADSTER... It was nice meeting you. Always neat to put a face with a name.

Last edited by jetstar; October 8th at 07:32 AM.
jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th   #18
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to IRAM-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADster

cleaness ?

One thing to keep in mind is that all shows are NOT created equal. A top 20 cars, car show will have a different out come than a show that is set up by classes. I think they do the “Top 20” thing just to keep it easy on themselves. All you have to do is pick and choose which shows you will enter, or just be a spectator at. I like the "classed" events best. If the car show flyer or internet posting doesn't say what the classes are, then I give them a quick call and ask. There is always a number or e mail address to find out. ( of course, this only applies to people like Wes and I, "Trophy Whores")
Old October 8th   #19
IRAM-Z
IRAM-Z
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to IRAM-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW
only thing that bugged me was same as last year that awful church music.
Yeah, the Hooters show had that awful ROCKIN ROLL playing all day. And those Hooters girls kept getting in the way as we tried to take pictures! Pressing their bodies against our paint! It was AWFUL I tell you!
Old October 8th   #20
jetstar
jetstar
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRAM-Z
I think they do the “Top 20” thing just to keep it easy on themselves.
The top 20 gig isnt to keep it easy, but to recognize them as being quality cars. I would imagine it also reduces the amount of whining from the guys that would otherwise come in second, third, etc. Again, look at any large show (Goodguys, NSRA, Shades of the Past, etc.) and they'll have top 5, 10 or 25.
jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote