Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old October 21st   #1
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

Well, things changed awfully quick.....

Ok this is gonna be a long post, but has a good point....

You all know I've got an 88 GT that I was starting to restore.

Well, about a year ago my cousin bought a 98 Mustang GT in south Alabama (where I am from: Monroe County to be exact). My dad had been after that car for a while when my cousin got ahold of it. He loves to fix up cars. He has two foxbody notchbacks that he dragraces.

This was to be his weekend driver. (BTW he is only 22 and has like ten vehicles) I started joking around with him about trading my 98 Accord for his Stang. Of course he said no. Until last night. He called me Thursday and said his commute was killing him on gas now. He has been using his truck for work and he only has an 04 Z71 and an 04 King Ranch F350. Well, he said he needs a car better on gas for his long drives and wanted to know if I was willing to trade my Honda EVEN for his Stang.

I thought, whatever and forgot about it. Well, he called last night about 7 pm and said he was in Montgomery heading north and to meet him in Birmingham so we could trade. So I took off and met him around 9:00 last night. He had the title in hand.

So, believe it or not, I got a 98 Canary Yellow Stang last night for an even trade of a Red 98 Honda Accord. (Some of you may have seen the Honda around town. It said Distinctive GMAC Real Estate in the window)

Here are some specs on the Stang, and also the 88 is up for sale now if anyone wants it. I'll give specs on both.

1998 Mustang GT
70,000 miles
Yellow
Automatic w/shift kit
Mosley rear axles
4.30 gears (want to swap these out for 3.73's if anyone is interested in a trade)
Ford Racing intake manifold
Saleen front bumper
Saleen foglights
Saleen Rims with 275/40/R17 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials on the rear
Full exhaust with no cats and o2 simulators

Here are the specs on the 88 that I have to sell now:

1988 Mustang GT
204,000 miles
Primer gray
The car runs good and looks ok. It does need a LOT of work though. Body is straight but does need some work on the front end inner fenders. Brand new serpentine belt, and Brand new Firestone Fuzion tires with less than 100 miles on them.

I have fixed the following since I've got it.

Serpentine belt
Tires
Temperature sensor for the temp gauge
dimmer switch

I have $1,600 invested in the car, but will take $1,300 to get the money I paid for it and the money for the tires back. I do have the receipt for the tires and the bill of sale if anyone wants to see them.

Call me or email me if you wanna take a look at it:

Nick Lambert
256-828-1566
nick_lee69@hotmail.com

So, was that a good deal or what? Looks like I'll have to start coming to some of those meetings now....
97minitaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd   #2
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
Wow

That is a fantastic deal, Im Jealous lol, You cant beat that deal at all, Wished I could buy that 88GT too if I had the money, I had the money about 2 months ago but things happen as always so yeah anyway congrat's on that deal
Old October 22nd   #3
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

Well, it might be here. You never know. It is gonna sit in my garage for a while until someone comes to get it. I still take it out and drive it about three times a week around the neighborhood.

I had it sitting outside in the yard yesterday so I could redo the brakes on the 98, but I wont be leaving it out again. Someone in my neighborhood left me a nice little note on the windshield of my 88 that simply said Mr. Mustang.

They basically said I was selfish and inconsiderate and needed to stop driving the car through the neighborhood because there were kids here. (No crap, I have a 5 mo old myself. ) I have never sped through here because 1. other people live here and 2. there are kids here. He said he wouldnt include his name because his wife and kids are worried he would get in trouble for beating someone down again.

I drive the car to keep it up and running. I dont even drive the 98 that way. I have no clue if there is a stall converter in it cause I've never tried it and havent even accelerated hard enough for the shift kit to chirp the tires.

I feel like that was a chickencrap way to handle things. I think the guy is jealous or something. He made no mention of the other 3 mustang guys here that have a shop behind their houses. There are burnout marks all over the road in front of their house. He also made no mention of the kids up the street that have parties and run around the neighborhood at 2am drunk on 4wheelers with pellet guns.
Old October 22nd   #4
cobaltracer
cobaltracer
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cobaltracer Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltracer
Man that is a crappy way to handle something, leave it on your windshield? That is just wussy & stupid...I wouldnt let it bother me bro, sounds like he is jealous, which I am too LOL
Old October 22nd   #5
97minitaco
97minitaco
has no status.

lol. Im getting cameras installed this week to watch the Stangs. Apparently he is jealous and Im not taking chances.
Old October 23rd   #6
Bterry97gt
Bterry97gt
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Bterry97gt
any pics of the 88?
Bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote