Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old November 10th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
For Sale: 1995 Nissan 240 w/SR20

I am posting this for one of the members of my club. He has put a lot of money into this car, but he is in the Marines and has been overseas for the past couple of years. He's back in the US now, but will be stationed in South Carolina. He just got a new car and he is looking to sell this one. His name is Eric Miller. He can be reached at (256) 694-0866 or by e-mail at miller689@hotmail.com.

As soon as he sends me the information on all that has been done to this car, I will post it.

Here are some pictures of the car:

Old November 10th   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

I forgot to list this...he is asking $5,000
Old November 18th   #3
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Is that the same car that Performance Imports built like 4-5 years ago? I remember it had a really extravegant(?) Audiobahn Stereo System in it. It belonged to a bald headed, skinny guy, sorry for the discription, but that is how I remembered him.lol And Is that the same motor that was in it then?
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th   #4
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Yup thats the one! He's got hair and he's not as skinny as he was...but hey...I know who you're talkin about lol It doesnt have the stereo anymore - it was gutted to allow for a cage. Basicaly to make it a racecar. Yes, its still got the engine.
Old November 24th   #5
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

Im interested! However, I wouldnt say that its a race car, OR that it has alot of money. I looks like it has half of the Greddy VSPL intercooler kit and some sort of exhaust. It is still a factory 4 lug car, so it has an open diff. The swap isnt very clean and there are several spliced wires that i can see. There isnt any sort of cooling fan on it. These cars sell on zilvia.net for about 2500-3500 dollars. Most of those are all one color and are clean swaps.

Let me know if he will come down on the price. Ive been looking for an SR swap
napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th   #6
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

ummmmm...other ones on zilvia ,huh.....same color,huh...cheaper, huh...ummmmm. alright, well...
Troy Denby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th   #7
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by works2much
ummmmm...other ones on zilvia ,huh.....same color,huh...cheaper, huh...ummmmm. alright, well...
Engrish Muthatrucka, do you speak it?
Old November 25th   #8
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

[QUOTE=napoleon]Engrish Muthatrucka, do you speak it? OK here it is. IF the cars condition and build quality is that far below par and a better car can be found for half the price somewhere else. Why do you pose interest. I see you had a lot of luck getting the ol boy on HSV racing to give you his mustang...lol. There is negotiating, then there is low balling.
Old November 26th   #9
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

[QUOTE=works2much]
Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon
Engrish Muthatrucka, do you speak it? OK here it is. IF the cars condition and build quality is that far below par and a better car can be found for half the price somewhere else. Why do you pose interest. I see you had a lot of luck getting the ol boy on HSV racing to give you his mustang...lol. There is negotiating, then there is low balling.
Now wait a sec. I didnt say a better car could be found for that, i said that cars of similar quality sell for that.

I can be interested in a car, and know what its worth. Thats not lowballing. Im sure someone will give him what his asking. There are all kinds of suckers out there. Ive sold MULTIPLE cars for FAR more than they were worth, but i was able to sit on them for months.

As far as the mustang....he laughed at me weeks ago, and yet he STILL has that mustang, doesnt he? He will either keep it, or sell it for around what i offered. I have bought enough project cars in my day to know what they are worth. 240s are one that I have more time in than anything else. Dont argue with me about it, do the research. www.zilvia.net There is an entire section for cars for sell.
Old November 27th   #10
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

BTW..this car was wrecked. mt best friend was at PI the day it pulled out of the parking lot and into a curb.That should just about seal the deal for it being a 2500 dollar car.
Old November 27th   #11
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

eeeeh, ive said my piece. Good luck with the purchase....
Old November 27th   #12
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

wrecked? From my knowledge it bent a rim. Didnt know a bent rim would affect the price...especially since said rim isnt on the car anymore.
Old November 27th   #13
CADster
CADster
has no status.

its an unfinished project.

good luck with the sale.
Old November 27th   #14
napoleon
napoleon
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75
wrecked? From my knowledge it bent a rim. Didnt know a bent rim would affect the price...especially since said rim isnt on the car anymore.

if a side impact is hard enough to damage a rim, it usually is enough to throw the geometry of the suspension off as well, if not destroy some of the componets. Furthermore, The control arms on that side were replaced. Call it what you will, but you werent going to say anything about that, were you?

Quote:
its an unfinished project.

good luck with the sale.
I agree. We would all agree that you cant sell an unfinished project for finished project prices. In fact, you will never sell an unfinished project for the amount you have in it. Otherwise Joe Blow would go buy the parts themselves. You have to sell them for a loss. Such is the life. Ive done it many times.

Last edited by napoleon; November 27th at 09:20 PM.
Old November 27th   #15
intenseconcepts
intenseconcepts
has no status.

You sure that's a '95? It looks like an 89-94 model. I thought the 95's look like this:
Old November 28th   #16
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleon

if a side impact is hard enough to damage a rim, it usually is enough to throw the geometry of the suspension off as well, if not destroy some of the componets. Furthermore, The control arms on that side were replaced. Call it what you will, but you werent going to say anything about that, were you?
Actually, I stated to begin with that I was listing this for a friend. I don't know jack about the car other than the fact that is has an engine swap. I didn't know the control arms were replaced...so of course I wansn't going to say anything about something I wasn't aware of.

Jeez...this is starting to feel like the thread where whats her name listed some stuff for sale. Only difference...this isn't mine. You have a question about the car, get in touch with the owner. Don't shoot the messenger.