Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old June 18th   #1
2MPREZU
2MPREZU
has no status.

Cool New Site Logo/Banner Designs???

So it was mentioned in another thread that the logo/banner was going to be new. I made up some and posted it but it mostly got buried in the thread. I figured I start a new thread discussing this again. I'd like to see some of Steve's idea along with any others.

Banners:

Logos:

I was working on some others but if there's no need then I won't keep trying....
2MPREZU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th   #2
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

These were mine, I am not quite as gifted at image manipulation as you are, I usually can only use static images and change them slightly...

Last edited by sti2k5; June 18th at 10:28 AM.
sti2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th   #3
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

sti2k5, get rid of all the mfg logo's but leave the tach. I'd be curious to see how it looked with that change. As it sits, it appears too "busy".

Justin, I like that middle one (dna) because it looks very techy. But I think it needs something that relates to the car scene and ditch the dna thing. As for the first one, it has way too much going on in it.

(not that my opinion matters, but figured I'd give it anyway, lol)

Last edited by ITSFAST; June 18th at 10:41 AM.
ITSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th   #4
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

Richard, check out the parts of the double helix on that though..cams, wrench, downpipe...I like that one the best, however, I think using the sofachrome font as in my first one on the top would look best, since that is the original font of HCS.
Old June 18th   #5
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

Here is another without logos as asked...just to see..I dunno if I like it more or not.
Old June 18th   #6
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Richard is right. Those manufacturer's logos are too much. That one looks much better.

Justin - Those look awesome! The last one (white one) would make a sweet shirt idea!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th   #7
2MPREZU
2MPREZU
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST
Justin, I like that middle one (dna) because it looks very techy. But I think it needs something that relates to the car scene and ditch the dna thing. As for the first one, it has way too much going on in it.

Richard, I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree with them. LOL!! Jk.

The 'dna thing' in the 2nd one is the whole thing. I feel it's 'techy' with all the part in the helix.

As for the 1st one, it's only a few layers. Simple is not always better. I wanted to design something more 'eye popping' than the basic original one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham
Justin - Those look awesome! The last one (white one) would make a sweet shirt idea!
Thanks. I think the logo would look nice on a shirt as well. I'd buy one! LOL.

Last edited by 2MPREZU; June 18th at 11:32 AM.
Old June 18th   #8
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MPREZU
Richard, I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree with them. LOL!! Jk.

The 'dna thing' in the 2nd one is the whole thing. I feel it's 'techy' with all the part in the helix.

As for the 1st one, it's only a few layers. Simple is not always better. I wanted to design something more 'eye popping' than the basic original one.

Thanks. I think the logo would look nice on a shirt as well. I'd buy one! LOL.

Well..if you would buy one, stick it on photobucket, put it on a tshirt for 10 bucks and do it
Old June 18th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST
sti2k5, get rid of all the mfg logo's but leave the tach. I'd be curious to see how it looked with that change. As it sits, it appears too "busy".

Great feedback Richard!

The whole idea behind a banner for most sites is just something to stick at the top of the page. With HCS, it's a whole lot more than that--it's branding. And that's going to be a new concept to a lot of you.

Huntsville Car Scene will need a good strong banner and a catchphrase that represents our very essense and what we do in just a few short words. This is important because people don't have time to read a brochure. Ever tried to read those church marquees with a catchy saying on it only to read about half of it before you passed it? Less is more.

I coined the phrase "scene" and used it long before anyone else in the area, but it fits. (Ironically, hsvracing added the 'your racing scene' tagline shortly after I started using the verbage 'scene'.) The tagline I came up with shortly after was "Everything in the Huntsville Car and Bike Scene". This described everything HCS is about to the scene itself, but didn't do much for the public outside the scene.

The new branding of HCS needs to include everything that has been learned in the years HCS has been around, and incorporate a strong and visible brand that immediately and distinctly lets the viewer know what HCS is about. A good tagline is a part of that. I love a lot of the concepts about HCS being at the heart or center of the scene, because it uniquely is. And I think that can be a really good core idea to transmit to the public.
Old June 18th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I think the logo would look nice on a shirt as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2k5
Well..if you would buy one, stick it on photobucket, put it on a tshirt for 10 bucks and do it
Actually, this cannot be done legally.

The Huntsville Car Scene.com name is copyrighted and the tagline is trademarked. I own these rights and you must have specific written permission to use the marks in any form.
Old June 18th   #11
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir

The Huntsville Car Scene.com name is copyrighted and the tagline is trademarked. I own these rights and you must have specific written permission to use the marks in any form.
Whoops lol...
Old June 18th   #12
2MPREZU
2MPREZU
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir

I think he was talking about my logo design. If I wanted to I could take off the website addy and use the rest for a shirt. I came up with "The Lifeline of the Scene" tagline on that logo.
Old June 18th   #13
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

^^ haha would it make any sense with just a heartbeat and your tagline...

then you could replace HCS with

ihaveabustedupsuby.com
Old June 18th   #14
2MPREZU
2MPREZU
has no status.

Well I think the site "huntsvillecarscene.com" is copyrighted. I don't think "Huntsville Car Scene" is. I'm not going to do it anyway so it doesn't matter.

Plus I could make one for you that has "ihaveastockstiwithacrappybovanduglywheelsthatgets meonlyfatgirlswithboyfriends" on it. Normally I'd have to make that wrap around the shirt but in your size it would fit just fine. Care to continue?
Old June 18th   #15
sti2k5
sti2k5
has no status.

oh snap...no its ok...poor guy, your cute hair makes you more of a jerk :P
Old June 18th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Well I think the site "huntsvillecarscene.com" is copyrighted. I don't think "Huntsville Car Scene" is. I'm not going to do it anyway so it doesn't matter.
You can't actually copyright a domain name, but you can use the registration of a copyrighted name to help your case of obtaining and domain name that has your name in it. "Huntsville Car Scene" was copyrighted the second I created it. Every image you create is copyrighted by you the second you create it. Registration with the copyright office makes the copyright easier to enforce in a court of law.
Old June 18th   #17
2MPREZU
2MPREZU
has no status.

Nah my hair makes me cute, my attitude makes me a jerk.
Old June 18th   #18
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

The one without the mfg logo's is nice. Maybe in the right lower corner you could add the website addy. And try moving the overall verbage up and to the right (Huntsville Car Scene) so as not to block the Rocket. That or place it inbetween the rocket and the tach. The font would need to be smaller, but not by a whole lot.

Ah, I now see the parts inside the helix. Not too bad now. Dang old guys and their poor vision...LOL. It just seems like it's lacking more car stuff imo.

Both are doing a great job!!!!!
Old June 18th   #19
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
i like the very first one. and the one with the tach. those 2 would be the toss up imo.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th   #20
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I am partial to the D.N.A. one, mainly because of my occupation and the fact that it has the cams, wrenches, and downpipes. It is a good subtle touch to a pretty basic design. It looks techy, but classy at the same time!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote