Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old June 21st   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Where Did Huntsville Car Scene Go for 3 Years?

I've been asked this a few times now, so I'm going to write it out for everyone.

August 2006--Myself and my business partner bought into a franchise for a company called 1-800-Radiator.

September 2006--The hosting company had a hard drive failure on our server. The site restore had a damaged table on the database of the ad serving system we were using. The server load would spike when the ad server would run. The host told us that we either had to shut off our site or they would suspend the account. (They couldn't pinpoint the problem and blamed it on our site which worked fine before their hard drive crash.) I shut off the site. Since all my time was going to preparing for the opening of the new business, 1-800-Radiator of Huntsville, I could not try to diagnose what was going wrong with the site.

February 2007--After slaving for 12-14hrs a day for 1-800-Radiator, we had enough. We paid off our loan and officially closed the business on February 14, 2007. It was until April 2007 before our dealings with 1-800-Radiator corporate were somewhat settled. We were cheated out of almost $60,000 that belonged to us. Read all about the mess we went through here: http://www.franchise-chat.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1025

April 2009--I had just finished our final taxes for 1-800-Radiator of Huntsville and was figuring out what to do next. I was trying to figure out how I was going to make it financially. That's when I met the current HCS staff. And work on the new HCS began.

Financially, I'm $5k below the savings level where I told myself I'd be doing labor jobs every day for money just to get by. But I want to get HCS stable before I return to tackling my financial woes. I have hope that HCS will quickly get to a financial self-sustaining point. And then I can return to searching for a job.
Old June 23rd   #2
Taco
Taco
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Hate to hear of your troubles with the franchising deal. They are a risk for sure, some take off well, others don't.

I didn't read through the troubles in detail, but I figure I have a good idea what likely happened.

Glad to see you are getting the site up and running. It was a very useful database and hub for keeping up with the local goings-on when it was running before.

Welcome back, Samir!
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thanks man. It feels good to be back in this again.

And with the great new HCS staff, this time around I think we can make this thing sustain itself for years to come.

I want your son to be on HCS just like his dad.
Old June 23rd   #4
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I'm just glad you brought it back. I was really missing HCS. every few months I would get on and see if maybe you had it back up. It keeps me from being completely bored and I enjoy talking with everyone on here.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th   #5
Taco
Taco
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Austin will be out at the Movie Event Saturday, I'm sure you can get him to stop for a pic or 2!

Just look for those Viper Dancers, he'll be close to them, I can guarantee it!
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th   #6
Scott Hamilton
Scott Hamilton
Pinto Beans are GOOD!.

Send a message via MSN to Scott Hamilton Send a message via Yahoo to Scott Hamilton
Samir,

I'm glad you were able to bring this site back up & get your life in a forward and positive track since the last time we spoke on the phone several years back about bringing the site back. I don't wish what happened to you on anyone.

After 19 years in Local Broadcast I'm finally a 'civilian' and looking forward to enjoying local car shows etc. I would be glad to help should you need anything.

HCS is Back... Cool!

Last edited by Scott Hamilton; June 27th at 06:21 PM.
Scott Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Scott! I still have your piece of paper in my HCS 'todo' list. I'll love to get together and talk sometime about the business aspects of forum management. Feel free to call me anytime, 615-512-5520.