Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 30th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

What's the Biggest Influence in the Car/Bike Scene?

Women. That's right, woman. More people get in or out of cars/bikes because of women than any other reason. Not financial reasons, or spiritual, or because of friends, or because of club politics, but women.

I know there's stories out there. I personally even have a really good one. I'll post it up if I read some other stories first.

Post your story of how a woman influenced your decision to either get in/out of cars/bikes.
Old June 30th   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Oh, do not leave us ladies out!!! We get into rides because we know we can compete & win! Because my yellow rides ('31 Ford coupe & '57 Ford custom), which Chip built for me, gets more attention that Chip's rides!! Ha! And he knows it. Marsha
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #3
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

I've made a few decisions because of women in my life. Nothing they've said or done, but out of pure respect and what I felt was the "right thing to do".

I did get rid of a Z28 I really liked one time, but put myself in a 735i....so typically if it's due to a woman, I upgrade. LOL!

And Marsha....we need more women who like yellow cars in this world. That's been a factor twice in me selling yellow vettes.
Old June 30th   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Yes, I had a yellow 1980 Corvette way back and had to sell because of a boy - my son got too big to sit in my lap when Chip was driving! My friends told me to keep the Vette and sell the family. But I decided that was not the "right thing to do"!

Oh, we could go on and on with car stories, the many great rides we have owned, and the reasons we bought and sold.
1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #5
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

well my girl has a pink prelude that has gotten more attention then any of my cars till maybe the cobra

ive been into cars since i was really young and rolled hot wheels on my bed all day and night long so cant say women are the reason im into cars now... the only thing im into because of women and it was the pursuit of having women chase me was clothes and workin out

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #6
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
the only thing im into because of women and it was the pursuit of having women chase me was clothes and workin out
yeah and it sucks that neither has worked out for you yet!lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

i hate you munchie lol

Old June 30th   #8
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
HAHA!! that was good.
Well I used to race an 1983 Camaro at the dragstrip back in 1999-00. In 2001 I was rebuilding a 350 for it and had over 6k in parts sitting in my garage ready to be built with a rebuilt 700R4 tranny. Well the girl I was with at the time told me she was pregnat and I sold the car and everything for 450. I figured I had time to do all that when I got older but being a father then was more important. 9 months later, I find out the baby isn't even mine and the girl wanted to be with the actual father. Needless to say I got drunk that night and my parents took my guns from me. Got back into cars in 2004 with my Eclipse. Then had a little boy, so I was out for a few years. Now I'm married to a wonderful woman that takes care of me better then anyone I've been with and encourages me to work on cars and even will help me when she can. She loves seeing me all greasy...hehehe. Plus she is getting into hanging out with everyone. I'm very happy things did work out the way they did or I wouldn't be where I'm at today .
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st   #9
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
When I was a kid you couldn't keep me from playing with my matchbox cars. That was the only thing I was ever really interested in playing with. My folks would take me down to Huntsville speedway and I would always love that, and would re-create the races at home with my cars. I always was interested in custom vehicles, in fact, I remember being about 8 years old and this guy pulling down my street in a s-10 that had been lowered on some 13" spokes and I was amazed by it. Fast forward to when I turned 16, my mom got me a custom painted 1970 C10 that I was absolutely addicted to.
Eventually I moved on to a 97 Silverado when I graduated high school. My first car show was at A&W over on Drake. I got more flyers for other shows and thought that I might be able to be a contender one day, so I started putting every spare dime I had into my truck. After a year or so I won my first trophy from a show put on by Desired Images at the Huntsville Drag Strip. The next day I won my 2nd trophy from Sound on Wheels. I was hooked after that. I built the silverado up to be a pretty nice truck until it was broken into and a lot of things were stolen.
I started racing down at Huntsville Speedway as well...going back to those days where Mom and Dad would take me down there to watch the fights and maybe catch some racing in between...lol!
After I sold the silverado I worked for a few years and saved up some money to buy the suburban. Ya'll know the rest of the story from there I guess...lol
As far as women were concerned...yeah it was kind of a secondary thing. The truck would really be an ice breaker, but it really just ended up being shallow and materialistic girls that were interested as a result of the truck. If you're aiming for a relationship thats not good, but if all you're out for is tail, then there ya go...but thats not my kinda thing.
Old July 1st   #10
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

leave it to jaymack to write a book with pretty pictures

Old July 3rd   #11
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Hey...folks like visual examples...lol
Old July 3rd   #12
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

whats sad is i got the idea without reading anything... i drove this blue pos pickup back in the day, then this pretty nice red truck... i also raced this blue car around and now i have this big black laid out truck

which has nothing to do with the topic at hand... samir didnt ask to post all your cars and trucks... he asked what your influence was... so maybe a bad ass car you saw back in the day, a girl, money etc

lol

Old July 3rd   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well, actually I made this thread after a discussion that Beck and I had, but seems like he never posted his story.

We were discussing why people seem to move in and out of the car/bike enthusiast hobby. And the main reason why it seemed that people did so was because of women in their lives in one form or another. I wanted to hear some stories of this before I posted mine. So here's my story.

Back in 2002-2003, I was engaged to the woman I wanted to marry. Long story short, it didn't happen and left me devastated.

The only thing I loved more than that woman was my 95 Altima SE. Since I was retired, I started spending almost all my time on altimas.net, and learned how to do a lot of the basic maintenance on my car.

I also learned about performance parts. One month, I decided to mod my car. I spent almost $4k on parts. I installed some of them--Greddy cat back exhaust, Hotshot tri-y header, Stillen strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques rear sway bar. This completely changed my car into something I never thought possible. I became an enthusiast.

So then I started driving at night and finding people to 'play' with. I also bought my Olympus e20n because I wanted to document my life after she left. Well, I started documenting my car adventures. And I started venturing beyond the street to the autocrosses, car shows, and other car and bike activities in the city. People started asking me what I was doing with the pictures, and shortly after I started on the path which evolved into Huntsville Car Scene.

Every time I've dissappeared from the scene, except the most recent stint, has been because I had a girlfriend. I thought it was weird when I saw people disappear for years, but then I realized they had the same thing going on! In some form or another, wife, girlfriend, divorce, etc. Those seem to influence more appearances/disappearances than any other factor.
Old July 3rd   #14
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Wow it's amazing what will get you to do something that has one of the biggest impacts in the car scene. You should thank that ex for it. Because of her, you have started something so big and helped everyone come together. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason.
Old July 3rd   #15
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I can agree with this, too. Most of my ex-girlfriends were not really car enthusiasts. They never really understood why I like car and why I spend so much time, money, etc. on them. I've never really "disappeared" from the scene, though, but I cut back a lot of time I did dedicate to it before a girl.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd   #16
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

doubt you remember it samir but im the guy that had that green 95 altima gxe without the hub caps that used to run around in the old street racing scene and you introduced me to altimas.net and how to race the alty on the street... you were pretty good friends with my boy baran who had a silver accord at the time... this was the 03 to maybe 04 time when fa sho was just starting out and jasper actually raced his blue s-10

i ended up getting and obx header, test pipe, obx cat back, weapon r intake, ngk plugs and wires on that car before i blew the motor and moved onto a 97 black alty with a 5 speed tranny that i started hooking up for show and go and thats where i found alabama customs and as yall say... i was hooked

Old July 3rd   #17
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham
I can agree with this, too. Most of my ex-girlfriends were not really car enthusiasts. They never really understood why I like car and why I spend so much time, money, etc. on them. I've never really "disappeared" from the scene, though, but I cut back a lot of time I did dedicate to it before a girl.
this is whats sad cause i was growing a name in the car scene even with my alty with meeting ppl like jasper and samir and remembering this notebook going around with ppls names and numbers for the new club coming into play called fa sho and giving it all up to be with this one girl whom im not with now of course... well after about a 2 year absence from the scene i found fa sho again but didnt like it and roger came to work with me for maybe 2 months but led me to acctc and ive been a member for 3 years now and he quit the job a short time after i joined the club and pretty much quit the club a short time after that so things that happen for a reason... oh i believe it

now i have a girl whos not only into me being in the scene but prob has just a big name in the show scene as i do the car scene... thank god for the good ones

Old July 3rd   #18
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Well if ya wanna go into that...then yeah.

I started ACC/TC way back in the day because of the fact I wanted to learn and show off my hard work on my vehicle. It fizzled out when I went off to college,however this is where the tie to women comes into play...

I moved back to Huntsville as a result of my mom having brain cancer. Ultimately she passed away and I really didn't know what to do in order to keep my mind occupied in those 'I have nothing to do but think" moments that tended to last all weekend, etc. So my g/f and I were out one night with Roger and Roger and Jennie decided to convince me to start ACC/TC back up. We did that with Roger as V.P. since he was one of the original members from the first go-round. The rest is history...the club has been thriving for years now, and we've had a couple other vice presidents, like Justin Greaves who took over after Roger, and Nate Wilcox who is the newest V.P. taking over for Justin. This club has helped me through several hard times in my life including the death of my mother, and during the time my grandmother was sick as well. I was actually with the club doing a function for Toys for Tots when I got the call that my grandmother had passed away. I would have loved to have been by her side, but my club family stepped up and helped me through it all.

So see, my mother and grandmother are two main reasons why I'm in it as well...if ya get down deep into it. I've been lucky that every girl I've really dated has been interested in the car scene as much as I have been...and if they weren't, well...they sure fooled me...lol
Old July 3rd   #19
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

yea i remember the first time you started it. my buddy Chris A.K.A. "Getto" had a red chevy step side with a B&M shift kit. He told me about the club and wanted me to join with my 83 Camaro I was racing at the time. But because of the woman I was with a the time wanted all my time and would even get mad at me for going to the dragstrip every Sunday. that only lasted 6 months then the next one is the one that got pregnet and that story has been told. But If it wasn't for that first chick who knows I might have been with ACC/TC if Jay Mack wanted a 19 year old hot head with a Camaro...lol.
Old July 3rd   #20
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

^what makes you think he doesnt now lol