Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old July 12th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

DDOS Attack

The new hosting company had a DDOS attack the last two hours. Huntsville Car Scene was one of many sites affected. Let's hope they permanantly fixed the problem.

If you were affected by this outage, please post here.
Old July 12th   #2
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
yep. I tried to get on and it was like the site wasn't even there and kept sending me to a search page.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Had another problem tonight with the site being down. Might want to get with the host on that.
Old July 13th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ
Had another problem tonight with the site being down. Might want to get with the host on that.
Approximately what time?

I found out that these attacks are actually an act of 'cyber-terrorism'. This post is from their support forum:

QUOTE (Sharon @ Jul 13 2009, 9:10 AM) *
I hope you aren't insinuating that we actually pay them. For one, we don't negotiate with terrorists. Also, there's no guarantee that they will actually stop even after they're paid. We've got the proper authorities involved, that's the best we can do right now.

What I meant was, if they gave you a way to pay them, then the FBI or other authority has a way of knocking on their door and stopping them forever!!

Not quite. Typically, (and certainly in this case) they will use western union or similar services for receiving their "ransom." This service is nearly untraceable in most cases. Also, the FBI does not have jurisdiction in most other countries, which happens to be the issue here. This particular "person" is requesting the funds be sent to a country in eastern europe that is known to harbor terrorists.

This doesn't mean the FBI will not do anything, it just makes things less cut and dry.
Old July 13th   #5
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

wow that sucks. well it was from i'd say 10pm - till i went to bed around 4am. these are just guesses tho. but it was inbetween those times..both nights.
Old July 13th   #6
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

that is messed up tho. you went from one server to another and this one is gettng "held ransom" by people that have nothing better to do with their lives. kinda makes you think huh? lol