Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 29th   #1
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Indy Car Racing Coming to Barber in 2010

I saw this on the Tennessee Valley Sportbike Club email list, and almost couldn't believe it.

"The Indy Racing League, which makes a June stop in Richmond, and promoters announced a deal yesterday that will bring the open-wheel cars to the Barber Motorsports Park track starting in April 2010."
Old July 29th   #2
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Yeah I saw that on a comercial while I was watching the news this morning!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #3
MugenRios2k
MugenRios2k
has no status.

There has been a lot of behind the seen discussions going on that I have been involved with. Now that this is public I can talk about what I have been doing.

!!!This is still in the very early planning!!!!

Similar to other events Like Tamp and Miami I will be laying the ground work to set up a promotional event including some media/promotional events and a parade lap on race day with either one of the drivers or one of the VIPs at the event. ( I got first dibs on DP )

As in the Past This parade lap and promotional event will be confined to the Honda S2000 and will need to be in "OEM like" condition ( no huge wings, extreme body kits, or custom paint jobs). Wheels are ok but will need to be judged by the Selection committee.

There will most likely need to be submittals of pictures of the respective vehicles for the selection process.

If the necessary number of cars remains the same as it has been in the past about 40 S2000 will need to be signed up for this event.
This is dependent on the number of teams that commit to the event and the number of VIP attending.

So if you know some1 with a S2000 that does not frequent HCS or s2ki, s2kca then make sure to let them know about this possibility.

Again this is very early in the planning stages and I and a couple of other key players in the past event will be putting together a proposal package to Barber and the IRL.

If past history holds then this will be happing for the s2000 community in Alabama and the surrounding states.

Last edited by MugenRios2k; July 31st at 11:20 AM.
MugenRios2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #4
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Cool Mark! Keep me in the loop on this. I'd love an excuse to go there, especially if you can get me in some good spots for photos.