Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old August 3rd   #1
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Mine and my g/f cars got keyed

Some low lifed keyed mine and my g/f car sometime Saturday night. Hers is worse than mine but I think it's mainly because i have a clear bra on the front of my car and they couldn't get the hood to bad. Anyways I'm at a loss on what to do. I started buffing the hood and made progress but i don't know that i can get it perfect. I really don't want the car to have to have any paint work because of all the metallic in the paint. I'm not sure what she's gonna do either. She doesn't love her car like i do and had intentions of selling it soon but this just messes everything up. Part of me would love to konw who did this but at the same time i really think i'd lose it on someone. this is the second car i've had keyed. the first time it was totally random and they got about 10 other cars. this time its personal. its not like she lives in a shady apartment either. none the less the car is under it cover at my parents house and thats where it will stay until it is fixxed an sold. this is honestly the last straw. all i'm gonna say is if people are jelous you have no idea how hard i have work to get where i am (not saying i'm anything special). I'm not going to lie my parents have helped me in the past but now i pay for everything myself so if someone thinks were just a two spoiled rich kids think again. I have a finance degree from UAH and she lacks less than a year in having a double major in Math and Physics (and she's also in sorority so don't get the idea she has no life). We both have good jobs for our age and have worked very very very hard to get where we are.

I'm sorry i just had to vent about this. We are two of the most anti drama people you'll ever meet. I'm sure to some people i can come across as a smart a$$ but who can't? My g/f is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and is also very anti drama. All i wanna know is why us?

Last edited by EvilZ; August 3rd at 03:41 PM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd   #2
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Because if you haven't learned that you can't have anything nice in this world, you haven't learned anything. There's always a hater around the corner trying to bash someone that has something they don't. They do this in several forms: keying vehicles, intentional door dings, "bumping" into your vehicle (both with their body and with a car), creating lies and/or rumors just to cause you stress, making up scenarios or accusing you of obtaining your possessions by less than legitimate means. Usually its not hard to repair or in most cases little to no damage is actually done...and the talk - usually not hard to disprove, but then sometimes you get someone thats just a big pain in the (_|_) that does something like what you've had happen to you. I can recommend a good body shop, but aside from making a police report and them taking finger prints, you're probably not going to find the culprit.
Old August 3rd   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

i know but it just sucks. that's about the only way i can describe it.
Old August 3rd   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

my girlfriend and i had the exact same thing happen about a year and a few months ago... we lucked out with insurance... she got her car repainted and well mine wasnt so lucky and got totaled out... it does make you mad though to have to go through all that stuff and there are haters everywhere... sometimes ppl just wanna destroy things or steal things just for fun... it totally sucks and i agree with you on earning things... my girl and i arent as set as you as far as degrees and stuff but i respect you for getting yours and your girl hers... but we still do just fine for ourselves and put our work and time in... insurance is a great thing to have in these cases cause its gonna happen at sometime in your life

cops wont do anything... ive been egged, keyed, rolled and all that and i just filled out police reports over the phone and that was it... the only time i had a cop show up at my house is after someone attempted to rob me around 11 at night on drake ave... but yeah "it just sucks" pretty much sums it up

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd   #5
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
hate to hear that man, its always something it seems. Hope it works out to your advantage...HATERS

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #6
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Man I'm sorry that crap happend to you. But Jay Mack is right. You always got someone that envys people and want to do something stupid. I make sure it's clear to anyone, messing with my car is like messing with my wife. I catch you doing something to my car, I WILL shoot you. Now if I find out later on who it is, It's not gonna be good either, just won't get shot. Last person that did something to my car, broke in and stole my radio, cds and my cell phone. I found out who it was and ran into him later on down the road. Needless to say I hope he learned a lesson and doesn't do that crap no more...but who knows. People want to get jealous and evny others cause they got nice stuff, well I know the way to solve it, GET A JOB AND A LIFE! Then you have no reason to envy anyone . I've struggled a lot the last few months but I kept trying and now things are picking up. I just can't stand a theif that can't get a job and work for their stuff. Ok sorry I'm ranting now...touchy subject for a lot of people and I think the majority of us have been there to some extent. It just sucks and nothing you can do about it except find out who it is(if you can) and take the money out of their *insert word*. Cops won't do nothing cause they got more important things to worry about then a Key'd car. They didnt' do nothing when my stuff got stolen outta my car. Just filed a report over the phone. So it's pretty much left in your hands to deal with which ever way you can/want.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #7
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

I had that happen YEARS ago. I bought a new '94 vette and I don't think it had but a couple thousand miles on it before it was keyed. Coincidently I had just broken up with this psycho girl....hmm. Anyway, it was not a money issue as much as it was a violation and cowardly act. Karma is a bi..h and I hear she had a worse incident happen to her car about a year later.

It is sad you can't have anything nice without the worry that someone will mess it up just out of jealousy or anger.

Again, sorry to hear about this. I'm guessing there is very little security at the appt complex with no cameras?
Old August 4th   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

well actually a cop lives next door and its a gated complex. but the gate has been screwed up the last few days and hasn't been closing. needless to say it works now. and i mean don't get me wrong the money part sucks but i can live with that i mean stuff happens but the fact that someone that knows us well enough to know where we live and what we drive would do this. thats what i just dont get. i'm looking at buying a wireless security carmera and mounting it on our balcony. thats sad that it has to come to that but i don't really know what else to do if i ever want to be able to drive that car out again and be able to sleep at night.
Old August 4th   #9
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
JayDM I know how you feel, my truck is in the body shop getting repainted for the second time due to being keyed. It was done in my driveway back in Feb. They shop didnt fix it right the first time and now they are having to redo it. Good luck with the repairs.

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel1hemi
JayDM I know how you feel, my truck is in the body shop getting repainted for the second time due to being keyed. It was done in my driveway back in Feb. They shop didnt fix it right the first time and now they are having to redo it. Good luck with the repairs.

I don't know who to use. My civic got keyed about 2 years ago (got everyone around me to). i took it to rods customs because i had heard great things. it was an 07 si and it was fuji blue pearl and had a lot of metallic in it. when i got it back it look awful, i would have been able to do a better job than they did. the car got slammed by a tahoe a few months later (totally there fault, don't know how i walked away). it just seems like its not in the cards for me to have anything nice.

all body shops car about now is making quick insurance money. they don't want to put the time into something nice, not that my car is that nice but it's not going to be easy to repaint because it's a tri coat paint with a lot of pearl.
Old August 4th   #11
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
If your on HSVracing there is a guy on there named TangerineGT. He painted Tonys supra and a bunch of other cars and they have all come out looking phenominal! I would suggest Anthony Wells, but he is having some issues with their facility right now and their landlord is being a bit of a you know what!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #12
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM
I don't know who to use.
Joe Hudsons Collision Center is where my insurance company told me to take it to, I regret it everyday. Great paint job but crappy body work. You can still see most of the scratches and sand marks where they had to repair the bed.

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #13
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I had a lady at work that had a very bad experience with Joe Hudson in Decatur. Her insurance paid over 3600 for her hail damage to be fixed, they didn't fix it all, then when she took it back they charged her insurance another 2k to fix the remaining damage!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie
I had a lady at work that had a very bad experience with Joe Hudson in Decatur. Her insurance paid over 3600 for her hail damage to be fixed, they didn't fix it all, then when she took it back they charged her insurance another 2k to fix the remaining damage!
Sounds like a typical body shop.
Old August 5th   #15
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Well I've heard good things about Shane's body shop off 231. I drive by there alot and they usually have some nice rides out there. I haven't had the chance to stop in and check them out really. Heck, try that new scratch repair stuff that the late Billy Mays advertised on TV. I haven't heard any one use it yet but I've read on it and it is supoose to be some good stuff. I'm sure it depends on how deep the scratch really is tho.
Old August 5th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I really hate to hear about this happenning. I think we've all been victim to this type of crime and the "law enforcement" that occurs afterwards. I forgot that I used to bring up my experience and loss with the officer every time I got pulled over for speeding. Not a good idea to do since they are just doing their job that their superior told them to do, but I was pretty angry even several months later.

I know about the body shop business from my experience of being a parts supplier to them. That industry is TOUGH, and is pretty much dictated by the insurance companies. The small, hobbist body shops are the ones where the work will be the best because of the lack of insurance company mandates. But the problem is that there may not be enough business to support the hobbiest, so it may take a long time to get the car back. And a hobbiest can shut down their business anytime.

I've only once been happy with a car that I had to have repaired. A coyote hit my Boxster (yes, the animal, and yes he ran into me), and did $4500 in damage. The damage was repaired by the Regal Nissan/Mercedes body shop. It took about a month, but it was done pretty close to perfect. I took the car from there to Porsche to have it looked over and they finished all the missing clips and such and re-flushed the radiator to get the air out properly.

There's some really, really great local custom shops that do FANTASTIC work, but for some of them you better be ready to pay. I know of several of them that can get the Z back to perfect. Let me know if you want some contacts.

This is one of the main reasons why I never post license plates online. Even though it is tough, someone can find an owner's name/address via a plate. I hope your online presence didn't contribute to being a target for the crime. I tend to agree with what you said that it's personal somehow. But you and her are both some of the nicest people I've met in the scene. I'll never understand the criminal mind...
Old August 5th   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

The plate on the car isn't it on it any more and it wasn't at the address that tag would be listed as. That is a good thought though, one i hadn't thought of.
Old August 5th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM
The plate on the car isn't it on it any more and it wasn't at the address that tag would be listed as. That is a good thought though, one i hadn't thought of.
I'm glad to hear it. I've always been a BIG stickler on this, and people have taken the 'it's no big deal' stance with me on it many times over the years.

I know personally that I wouldn't want my tags online for the world to see, so that's the HCS policy on event coverage. I've not published a bunch of good photos over the years because of this rule, but it's worth it to me.
Old August 5th   #19
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

that's why magazines cover plates and alot of people cover them in paint or photoshop. In all honesty it could've just been something random. Someone seen your car and thought it would be "cool" to key your car. I know people that shot windows out at random with pellet guns just cause they had nothing better to do with their time. Hince why I don't hang around them no more. The majority of the time I know of it is usually just random, unless you did something to tick someone off or they just didn't like you. The guy that stole my stuff didn't know that was my car. When I confronted him, his eyes got big and at that point he knew he messed up. I never got my stuff back but ohh well. It is crap and don't matter if you know the person or not, you shouldn't do it. You got a problem with me, deal with ME not my car. The car did nothing to you.
Old August 5th   #20
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Well I'm not gonna stress about this anymore I'm gonna fix it. Sell the car for pay off and move on. Someones gonna get a deal but I really don't care.