Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > What's New

What's New Links to all the event coverage as well as special announcements

Old September 8th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Huntsville Car Scene is Back Online!

Back online with a new platform full of potential. It may look the same, but there's small changes here and there if you play around and find them. This is the beginning of updating Huntsville Car Scene to cutting edge website functionality. There will be new features deployed from now until at least the end of the year.

One of the most demanded features, registration is back on. Registration is free!

Registration allows you to have automated reminders of events or web site updates, participate in contests and other promos, and post on the forum. Register now!

One of the newest features is integrated discussions, event listings, and event coverage--all on one page. Anytime a new event is added to the calendar, there's already a discussion thread right there. And once the coverage is added, the little camera you've always seen can now be found in the event discussion thread title as well as on the calendar.

Another new feature is searchable events. Event listings will be searchable from now on. So if you remember that an upcoming car show is at a church, but you don't remember on what date, do a search for "church". If you want to see event coverage for every Cafe 302 event, you simply search for "Cafe 302".

Event coverage from the past will have to be manually added to the search, but all new events will automatically be searchable. An archive update project is in the works for the winter season. This will include publishing thousands of never seen before photos and videos.

Another new feature is that you can now customize the home page however you like. Say you want the weather block to be in the center, or the upcoming events block at the top. Well, click on the "Customize This Page" link in the site navigation, and then you can drag each block wherever you want. Click on the green button at the top and your settings are saved. Messed up? Click the red button to reset everything back to stock.

As with all new software updates and rollouts, there may be some bugs or quirky behavior. Let me know if you find anything acting funny. Contact me by posting here, via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page, via email at samird at huntsvillecarscene.com, or via phone/text at 615-512-5520. I want to get everything fixed and ready for the next round of new features.

And speaking of bugs and quirky behavior, it looks like I wasn't the only one working on a web site--our photo back end, powered by smugmug, has been having issues. Smugmug is aware of the problem and is working on it, but the service has not been usable enough for me to process any new event coverage. Also due to the service issue, the Random Pic/Video module may take a while before an image appears. But when that image does appear, click it for yet another new feature--clicking on the image will now take you to the gallery of the event where the picture was taken.

I hope you find these new features useful. And feel free to suggest features that can make your experience better. As always, I thank you for your patience, and for visiting Huntsville Car Scene.com.

Last edited by Samir; September 8th at 07:29 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th   #2
Choetown
Choetown
has no status.

congrats.
Choetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choetown View Post
congrats.
Thanks man! But this is just the beginning. There's a lot more in the pipeline.
Old September 9th   #4
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
w00t!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #5
GetSOM
GetSOM
almost done with rennovations.
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

sweet

2002 SOM Camaro SS
GetSOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #6
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
looking good......

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th   #7
boost-me
boost-me
is at work or running or biking.
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Woot, Sweet, and looking good...yeah so I'm not original, big whoop.