Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Hooters Bike Night
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

April 16th to October 1st 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Hooters, 4929 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806

From an email:

"The crowd usually gathers around back at 6:00. There is a band playing throughout until about 10:00 PM. The resturant has some tables and chairs outside to provide an area for those wishing to hang out and dine. The young ladies have two areas set up to supply beverages to the crowd. Attendees come and go throughout the evening, (very informal). For those liking bikes find new, old, every manufacturer, customs, exotic and all in between."

Old September 3rd   #2
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

Every thursday that i go up there i never see anyone :/ were yall at?
anmnhurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've been trying to confirm or deny rumors that this bike night no longer exists. I think you just confirmed that its gone.
Old September 4th   #4
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

I hought they cancelled them after the first night because it got out of control and they didn't wanna have to govthrough the hassle of gettin a permit or something like that. I remember the first might it was crazy pack in the back.
Old September 4th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It kept going for a few weeks before they had issues. I tried to call and speak to the manager there about it, but never got them. I've been out of the bike scene for a while, so I never had a chance to followup.
Old September 4th   #6
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

I think there suppose to have an official one on the 9th and the 23rd of this month.but then again I don't see why it has to be an official bike for a bunch of bikers to go to hooters and converse
Old September 4th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Where did you find out about those? It has to be 'official' probably for liability and legal reasons. Events expose a lot of people to a lot of liability, and now that the city is involved...
Old September 4th   #8
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

some calender i ran across when surfing the net tryna find all the bikes around here
Old September 4th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmnhurston View Post
some calender i ran across when surfing the net tryna find all the bikes around here
link?
Old September 4th   #10
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

Since im on my ipod touch i camt copy the link but i can tell y how yo get there and send it later. Google..... hooters bike night for 2010 in 256..... There's a link that says jd and the bad boys. I've recently discovered that they are like the official band that slot of bikers accompany. They play at hooters on the 9th and the 23rd of this month. All the other time it's trail of tears or the mooresville bar and grill hangout. I would also like to add that sometimes cycle gear off south mem parkway also hold some bike nights as well. Although I remember last time I went I remember it being rather small Jamie and the crew were extremely 'hospitalizes'.
Old September 8th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the info! I'm researching the links and trying to get the calendar up to date. Let me know what else you find out. I don't know if I'll be able to get to any of these this week to confirm them.
Old September 9th   #12
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

i also notice when i was chilling up at knuckleheads that they to have a bike night EVERY Thursday from like 6:30 to 8:30. That's were i've been seeing a lot of bikes. so i asked a waitress and she said that they don't have problems making it "official". So everyone get out there and make it big.

Completely of subject... I saw Samir that you take pics for the Huntsville Car Scene. Add me on Facebook ( Alex Hurston ) and let me know whats going on in the car scene
Old September 9th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yeah, I've been meaning to add the Knuckleheads one, but haven't had a chance to get all the details on it and add it. Thank you for finding out about it.

I'm actually not on facebook...yet. I have enough communication mediums keeping me tied up at the moment. But if you click the link below, you'll get an email anytime the site is updated:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/su...bscription&f=4

Facebook has some clauses in their terms of service I'm not completely comfortable with. And the fact that you can't delete an account is a bad sign. I'll get on there once I figure out all the cons I'll have to deal with.
Old September 9th   #14
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Facebook has some clauses in their terms of service I'm not completely comfortable with. And the fact that you can't delete an account is a bad sign. I'll get on there once I figure out all the cons I'll have to deal with.
you can delete your account..

Last edited by Samir; September 9th at 09:06 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old September 9th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
you can delete your account...
Has this been fixed? It used to be a pain to do so. You can inactivate it, but not delete it.
Old September 12th   #16
anmnhurston
anmnhurston
has no status.

Maybe it was just deactivate it. Lol.. I guess I thought I was the same thing.
Old October 18th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
They play at hooters on the 9th and the 23rd of this month.
I just got off the phone with Hooters and their bike night is done for this year, mainly due to the city not getting back with them in time with the paperwork they required. But there will probably be a bike night there again next year as long as some things fall in place.