Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

National Council of Corvette Clubs Low Speed Autocross
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

November 7th to November 8th 08:30 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Hunt Park (Old Airport), Huntsville, Alabama
Contact: Barbara Jenkins 256-922-1413, 256-539-5555, http://www.ncccsouth.com/Events/events.html

From the flyer here:

This is part of the National Council of Corvette Clubs southeast autocross series. At this race, there are a series of 14 events, 2 runs per event. Registration is $90 per person for all events. Registration opens at 8:30a and closes at the after the 1st run of the 1st event. Exhaust must be closed.

Lunch will be provided in lieu of awards. Governors of this event are the Valley Vettes and the Stevenson Corvette Club.

These are some of the most race-prepared Corvettes you will ever get to see up close and personal, so come out and feel the power hitting the pavement.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

This was the first time I've been to this event in a couple of years. And it was a great sight to see, and hear. A terrific turnout of Corvettes for a beautiful Saturday race. (I didn't go on Sunday due to another event.) You could hear the Vettes from all around the track, and it attracted some spectators from the nearby ice skating complex just from the sounds. A friend stopped by on his bike during the break and missed hearing the sounds of these monsters so I shot some video.

The course was fast (very, very fast by local autocross standards) with the fastest times breaking 33 seconds. Many drivers were hitting the top of third gear before the last slalom.

It was great to see my friends in the Valley Vettes Corvette Club as well as some new friends from Nashville and all over the nation. It was Corvette comradery at its best with everyone helping each other out, even if it was just to push a locked engine c4 onto a trailer.

If you come to one of these events as a spectator, be aware of your surroundings and watch constantly for cars. These cars travel as high speeds, so always keep plenty of distance and never turn your back to one. For the best viewing experience, I would recommend bringing some high-powered binoculars and watching from the gazebo.
1 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.