Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old January 19th   #1
vwangler
vwangler
has no status.

Powder coaters

I'm looking for a powder coating shop in the Huntsville/Madison area. Who do you use? What have you had done? Thanks in advance!
vwangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I've worked with Jesse at www.itsnotpaint.com. I've had brake calipers, valve covers, and springs. He's my first call when I have powdercoating needs and in Huntsville.

I'd also look at Premier Powdercoating in Athens, www.powdercoat.biz. They were Huntsville Car Scene sponsor years ago. I haven't used them yet.
Old January 19th   #3
vwangler
vwangler
has no status.

Yea, I was looking at the its not paint website last night. I'm refinishing a set of BBS RS wheels, and I'm going to be powder coating the barrels and centers.
vwangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

There's also a place in Huntsville that specializes in refinishing wheels called "wheel fix it" I believe. I'm not sure if they do any custom work, but it might be worth calling them too.
Old January 29th   #5
mailman
mailman
uses spellcheck to avoid looking stupid

Powder coater

I can tell you were NOT to go. There is one on Jordan Road near Chase.A B & H Industrial Painting & Powder Coating1398 Jordan Road, Huntsville, AL .I took some window mouldings there.He told me they would come out good.Looked like pure unadulterated crap.I had to grind the stuff off in order to paint them.There were bad spots all over them.I would not have used them as wall hangers.Get someone that knows automotive enthusiasts and the level of quality they demand.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th   #6
mavreix
mavreix
has no status.

A good resource to check out if your looking for some powdercoating and you dont mind driving a little bit to Hartselle Alabama off 36. Its about a 30-45 minute drive from Huntsville/Madison Alabama, but they are great at what they do and way better priced. I have had two toolboxes redone and he only charged me $100 each and they look great. A&S Powdercoating is the website and ask for Cody.
mavreix is offline   Reply With Quote