Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old June 1st   #1
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour

Is anyone around here aware of the fact the Power Tour is going to roll down Hwy. 231 to Birmingham next Wed.?
Old June 1st   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I heard about it and was planning on trying to be at one of the intersection points. Do you know the exact route?
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd   #3
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

http://www.hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6197

Click on the link in this post.
Right down the Parkway, through Huntsville to Arab on their way to their next stop in Birmingham.

Last edited by redbaron93; June 2nd at 05:13 AM.
redbaron93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I plan to try to cover it and put an event listing on the calendar:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...1&day=2005-6-8
Old June 2nd   #5
aminga
aminga
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to aminga
Several of the guys are running cars needing race gas so the Pure in Gasoline alley might be a good place to hang out and car watch.
aminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminga
Several of the guys are running cars needing race gas so the Pure in Gasoline alley might be a good place to hang out and car watch.
Cool! I'll make that my south of town vantage point.

I was thinking of finding the tour on the north end of town as it comes in. Get some video of it coming up and going down hills. Maybe some good stills if good size group gets caught at a light. Then I have a special vantage point about midway through town, and then I was planning on following the tour for a little while south of town and getting more video and pictures from various vantage points.
Old June 6th   #7
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

We're planning to hook up and ride down to Birmingham. I'm not sure of the details, but it ends up at the Raceway. They typically have a carshow or other event at each checkpoint. We'll then come home Wed eve.

It's an easy half-day off. Consider it...the Power Tour will never be easier.
Old June 6th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDorner
We're planning to hook up and ride down to Birmingham. I'm not sure of the details, but it ends up at the Raceway. They typically have a carshow or other event at each checkpoint. We'll then come home Wed eve.

It's an easy half-day off. Consider it...the Power Tour will never be easier.
Where do you plan to join the tour? That would make for a really cool photo opportunity if everyone sits still for a bit.
Old June 6th   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

2 cars maybe 3

i plan on driving at least 2 of my toys on partial runs maybe even all three. first my white 69 HOSS 429 mustang from park city to hazel green. then possibly my 351 5speed orange pinto to meriadianville then my red 4.3 vortec V6 pinto to birmingham. i bet no one has done that before
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th   #10
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i bet no one has done that before
That would be a sweet trick.

The best I have done is I had a hand in three cars in 2003 and they all did the longhaul.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #11
MarkDorner
MarkDorner
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
Where do you plan to join the tour? That would make for a really cool photo opportunity if everyone sits still for a bit.
I doubt you'll see everyone sitting still at one time. Best is to go to Onenta, or however that's spelled/pronounced/scribed/communicated. The map indicates lunch there, of course that's up to each driver when to stop.

I'm trying to figure out what to drive. If the weather holds out, I'll take the 66 vert. If it looks bad, I'll either drive the 88GT or the Bullitt. Life is full of hard decisions.

Last edited by MarkDorner; June 7th at 06:33 AM.
MarkDorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #12
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

ONEONTA ON as in non, E, ON as in non, TA as is tucker ON-E-ON-TA.

some say O-NE-ON-TA
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #13
LMan
LMan
has no status.

darn Midwestern carpetbaggers.....
N.A.S.A - SouthEast
LMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I went by Rocket 95/Star 99 radio and left a note with some info on the show and they were going to get it to Freak Daddy. Hopefully, they'll say something about it on the radio.

I also went by WHNT-19 to talk to them, but no one was available, so I'll probably just fax them a copy of my event listing.
Old June 8th   #15
Puter
Puter
has no status.

Got the vert today...
Gonaa slip out with a few friends after 10 and hang around on 231 someplace and watch them go by.
Puter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puter
Got the vert today...
Gonaa slip out with a few friends after 10 and hang around on 231 someplace and watch them go by.
I'll be knowing where they will be once I get a call from someone on the tour. Feel free to give me a call if you want to know what I know, 615-512-5520.
Old June 8th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just got a call from aminga and as of 9am cst they were leaving and the trip would be about 2.5 hrs to Huntsville. The Tour is being led by a beige Chevy Suburban with Hot Rod Power Tour decals on it followed by a bunch of high-powered GM cars. There are approximately 500 cars in this pack. This is the official pack of the tour, but there are others that will take different routes and left at different times to get to the same destination. So if you start seeing some interesting cars come through Huntsville, they're getting close.

I plan to leave the house in a little bit after working on processing as many pictures as I can from the weekend. I'm not sure of my exact coverage plans, but I was thinking of catching them north of Huntsville and then passing the tour to take video of them from the Parkway Place upper deck and then proceed to the Pure station south of Huntsville where some of them will stop for fuel. I may proceed on with the tour to the official lunch stop which I have been told will be in Arab.
Old June 8th   #18
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

I plan on seeing the HRP Tour from Griners Grocery Store parking lot. Will be heading that way around 10:00 - 10:05 this Wednesday morning !
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th   #19
Unregistered
Unregistered
has no status.
Edit

about 20 to 25 cars have passed the Whitesburg bridge as of around 10:15 am... not part of the pack...
Old June 8th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm going to be leaving here in a few minutes, if someone wants to keep me updated or call me for updates, I'd really appreciate it, 615-512-5520. I'll take as many pictures and shoot as much video as I can!