Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Twickenham Auto Club Autocross #8
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 26th 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Hunt Park, 2500 Johnson Rd, Huntsville, AL, 35802

8:00am Tech Opens
8:30am Course Open For Walking
10:30am Registration - Tech - Course Closes
10:30am Novice Orientation
10:45am Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
11:00am First Car Off

Pre-registration for this event is $25.00. $30 day of the event.

Autocrossing is a time-based event in which cars race against the clock on a course made of cones. Doesn't sound complicated or exciting, but it is the complete driving experience, allowing you to push the limits of you and your car in a controlled environment.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

An early morning shower and the threat of rain kept the course damp and tricky. Even has dry spots appeared, it was the wet ones you had to look out for. Even with the tricky course, the fastest times were in the 37 second range, with the fastest time of the day breaking into the 35s.

A good number of cars came out for the event including a few Corvettes from the Vets with Vettes Corvette club.

There was some terrific bbq at the lunch break. It was the best I've ever had--and that's saying a lot since I had some really great bbq yesterday too.

Brett had to make the most interesting announcement ever over the PA system, and I got video of it.

I experimented with a new lens adapter that allows me to get 600mm+ with an aperture of 2.8. It's normally a couple of thousand dollars to have a lens that's this capable, but I was lucky enough to find it at less than one third of the original cost at the used department at B&H. You may be able to tell the difference in some of the shots with this lens.

My friend Mark stopped by at the tail end of the autocross with his new beast of an rx7. Un-tuned and just driving, it was still able to not get any traction once the power was turned on. Listen to the video clips for a sample of the sounds this monster will make in the future. See everyone next time!
1 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.