Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

2010 We Love Boobie Poker Run
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

April 10th 11:30 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Start at Jimmy's, Madison, AL

From the flyer:

$15 per hand. Start is Jimmy's, 1st stop Visions, 2nd stop Adult Emporium, 3rd stop North Alabama Biker Supply, finish is Dream Girls. Food served at Dream Girls, Raffle, 50/50.

The event is open to cars and bikes, so come in a car if the weather isn't good for riding. The event is rain or shine.

Proceeds benefit Breast Cancer Research.

From what I've heard, this is one of the largest poker runs of the year, so come ride and benefit a good cause.

Old March 25th   #2
BFMC AJ
BFMC AJ
has no status.

Thanks for posting this. Come on out and have some fun with us for a good cause! Proceeds benefit breast cancer research.

AJ
Boozefighters MC

BFMC AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you AJ! I heard this is one of the biggest rides of the year.
Old March 26th   #4
BFMC AJ
BFMC AJ
has no status.

Samir,

It is pretty big. I think we had 168 bikes last year. This is the third time we've put this on. The first year we raised $5400 and the second we raised $5000. The money was donated to the American Cancer Society.

Of course there is a 50/50, and a raffle for door prizes. Pretty good stuff too. We even had over $1000 worth of free tattoos that were raffled last year. And we've got more than that this year. And the final thing is an auction at the end for a bigger item. Last year it was a weekend cruise.

And remember, when it comes to breast cancer early detection is the key. So our motto is "Squeeze a boob...Save a life!"

AJ
Old March 26th   #5
BFMC AJ
BFMC AJ
has no status.

Oh yeah, one more thing....I know this is a poker run put on by a motorcycle club that rides Harleys, but we don't care what or if you ride. Show up in a car if you want. This is all about raising money for a good cause and having fun doing it. Everybody loves boobies and we're trying to save as many as possible!!

AJ
Boozefighters MC
Old March 26th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That's some really great fundraising with a lot of bikes! And some funny slogans, lol.

That's awesome that people can come in cars. I just hope they're motorcycle aware because that's how most riders get badly hurt. Will the event be rain or shine (with people coming in cars if it rains)?
Old March 29th   #7
BFMC AJ
BFMC AJ
has no status.

Samir...I said cars were welcome. I didn't say I would ride in a pack with them! LOL

Seriously though, this isn't a pack ride. Everybody leaves when they feel like it and rides at their own pace. So cars and bikes together shouldn't be a problem.

Come on out and take some pictures if you want. We'd love to see you out there.

AJ
Boozefighters MC
Old March 29th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I appreciate the warm welcome, and would come if I didn't already have a prior engagement that I've wanted to cover all my life--an Indy race at Barber Motorsports Park.

But assuming that this event doesn't conflict with anything next year, count me in. I'm all for supporting a good cause.
Old March 29th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I also updated the listing for both cars and bikes and being rain or shine.
Old April 12th   #10
BFMC AJ
BFMC AJ
has no status.

Well after everything was said and done we had an official count of 337 riders. That's double last year and doesn't include the folks who just came to the last stop and didn't make the run. There were a lot of those but I couldn't verify a number. The amount raised this year was $8,500 which will be given to the American Cancer Society for breast cancer research.

Deep thanks to everyone who came out and made this the most successful Boobie Run yet! Special thanks to all the stops for letting us show up again this year. Dream Girls, Jimmy's, Visions, Adult Emporium and North Alabama Biker Supply have played a huge role in making this run grow every year.

AJ
Boozefighters MC
Old April 12th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Great turnout! I know the weather was perfect, so there no way not to ride. It was just as nice in Birmingham at the Indy race. Maybe next year the two events won't conflict dates and I'll be able to hang out and cover the event.
Old April 13th   #12
dbatesphoto
dbatesphoto
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to dbatesphoto Send a message via MSN to dbatesphoto Send a message via Yahoo to dbatesphoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFMC AJ View Post
Well after everything was said and done we had an official count of 337 riders. That's double last year and doesn't include the folks who just came to the last stop and didn't make the run. There were a lot of those but I couldn't verify a number. The amount raised this year was $8,500 which will be given to the American Cancer Society for breast cancer research.

Deep thanks to everyone who came out and made this the most successful Boobie Run yet! Special thanks to all the stops for letting us show up again this year. Dream Girls, Jimmy's, Visions, Adult Emporium and North Alabama Biker Supply have played a huge role in making this run grow every year.

AJ
Boozefighters MC
Outstanding news on the turn out and more so on the amount raised.
dbatesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote