Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

TVR-SCCA Advanced Autocross School
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

June 13th 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Milton Frank Stadium, 2810 15th Ave, Huntsville, AL 35805

8:00am Tech Opens
8:30am Course Open For Walking
10:30am Registration - Tech - Course Closes
10:30am Novice Orientation
10:45am Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
11:00am First Car Off

Registration TBD.

Autocrossing is a time-based event in which cars race against the clock on a course made of cones. Doesn't sound complicated or exciting, but it is the complete driving experience, allowing you to push the limits of you and your car in a controlled environment. This school is designed for teaching advanced car control techniques, and as a follow up to the TAC driving school earlier in the year.

The Tennessee Valley Region of the Sport Car Club of America (TVR-SCCA) is a sister club to the Twickenham Auto Club (TAC) and the events follow a similar format.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It was another hot day, and it seems as if the heat scared away some of the instructors for this advanced autocross course. But luckily Steve stepped up and volunteered giving excellent feedback and a very thorough walk-through of the course. I learned a lot just on the walk-through. Since there weren't many participants and the format of the event was not an autocross, drivers were allowed to run as many times as they wished. Many times back-to-back.

I spent most of the day learning about and enjoying one of my favorite motorsports. I actually put the camera down for most of the day as I rode with Chris in his Pontiac G8. He even let me run the course a time or two. The G8 is quite nimble until the weight starts to move with the car. But it was a blast and makes me itch badly to get the Porsche tires mounted. Thank you again for the drive Chris!

Even though there was no official times or classes, the battle still ensued between Mark and Steve for fastest rx8 time of the day. Mark and Steve went back and forth a few times before Mark finally gave up and surrendered to Steve's better times. It was a lot of friendly fun.

There's a lot of video clips highlighting the instruction given during the school. But it's only a fraction of how much people learned. The other video clips are of the battel between Steve and Mark. Enjoy!

There are no replies to show.