Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

A&W Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
JayMack75  
May 23rd to October 1st 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: A&W/Long John Silvers, 2220 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, AL

A&W Car Show
4th Saturday of Each Month from April until September
Where:A&W/Long John Silver's Restaurant - Huntsville, AL (Click HERE for MapQuest Directions)

When:The 4th Saturday of every month from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. (Weather permitting)

Registration Fee/Cost:$10 Registration fee

Notes:Please click on the flyer below for a full size version. Food specials will be announced every hour. Also, there will be some prizes as well as food/floats that can be won. Please no loud music. We will be reserving the A&W parking lot for customers and participants only. Spectators/non-participants may park in the adjacent lot. For any other information you may contact info@showstopperz.net.

April 24, 2010 May 22, 2010 June 26, 2010
July 24, 2010 August 28, 2010 September 25, 2010

Old April 22nd   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for posting this! I didn't know if it was still going on or not. Glad to see you're still going to be out in the scene.
Old April 23rd   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Ohhh yeah I am - lol! Unfortunately all the preparations may have been for nothing...it seems we have the chance of some scatterred tornado activity this weekend as I hear it. I may end up having to postpone it. Better to be safer than sorry. I'll make sure I get it posted up if its going to be cancelled for the day.
Old April 23rd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75 View Post
Ohhh yeah I am - lol! Unfortunately all the preparations may have been for nothing...it seems we have the chance of some scatterred tornado activity this weekend as I hear it. I may end up having to postpone it. Better to be safer than sorry. I'll make sure I get it posted up if its going to be cancelled for the day.
Either way, great to see you out again. Keep us in the loop on if it's canceled. We all know this is the source.
Old May 9th   #5
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

is this only a classic car and truck show now?

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Not necessarily, its still open to all makes and models, however it will be themed more as a classic cruise-in.

This is being done in an effort to keep the "stunting attempts" down in regards to the safety of our participants and spectators.
Old May 9th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

ok i think i got you... so late models are still able to compete right? and will classics be favored? just wondering

Old May 10th   #8
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

David, quit killing it. lol

Its going to be an even playing field for all participants. When have you ever known me to do anything that favored one thing over another as far as events are concerned. I've always been a stickler for fairness at shows, and I'm not changing that anytime soon.
Old May 10th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom View Post
ok i think i got you... so late models are still able to compete right? and will classics be favored? just wondering
I mean does it really matter. Show up and have a good time. I mean I personally never enter a show to try and win a trophy.....which is why i RARELY enter any shows......
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th   #10
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDM View Post
I mean does it really matter. Show up and have a good time. I mean I personally never enter a show to try and win a trophy.....which is why i RARELY enter any shows......
i mean it does really matter... i do show up and have a good time. i mean i personally enter shows to compete, i like the competition... which is why i LIKE to enter shows....

and Jay honestly i just didnt know about the classic thing, i know you do things fair... i didnt mean to seem like i was questioning that... just usually you go to import shows and they favor imports, muscle shows favor muscle, classic shows favor classics but i see where your coming from bro... unless something crazy happens, ill be there

Old May 11th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom View Post
i mean it does really matter... i do show up and have a good time. i mean i personally enter shows to compete, i like the competition... which is why i LIKE to enter shows....

and Jay honestly i just didnt know about the classic thing, i know you do things fair... i didnt mean to seem like i was questioning that... just usually you go to import shows and they favor imports, muscle shows favor muscle, classic shows favor classics but i see where your coming from bro... unless something crazy happens, ill be there
I totally know what you mean. I entered my z in a few shows granted it was nothing special but I never won anything. I took my same as stock vette to cafe 302 this past weekend and won a trophy, i mean when they started awards i didn't even walk up because i knew i wouldn't win anything. none the less i guess the reasons i just can't take the show thing to serious is people are simply biased toward what they like and that's what's going to win. Just my 2 cents. I guess my point is good luck winning anything around here with an import......but if memory serves you've got a black mustang so your good....lol.
Old May 11th   #12
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Ha, nope he has an import again. He couldn't quit cut it in the muscle car world.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th   #13
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

yeah thats my main concern jaydm... around here if its not muscle or classic... you take the backseat.. and yeah i had to recently sell the freakin cobra cause we couldnt sell my girls prelude

and yeah i like to compete and just not lose to lesser cars or my friends lose to lesser cars or a car just cause its a classic.. but part of the fun i guess

Old May 18th   #14
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

just go to enjoy...as far as trophies and chit...depends who's judging.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th   #15
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Let me judge. I've made the point to Samir I feel like I know imports/classic and modern muscle atleast as well as anyone I know. However as Samir will also agree with I'm beyond a perfectionist and I'm way more about function over form. I'd be more then happy to judge any shows as long as I could fit it into my schedule.
Old May 18th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think you and I look at cars in the same way, and can recognize award winning work pretty quickly. You've got my vote, even though I think ours taste may not fully suit judging a late model category.
Old May 18th   #17
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

well yeah going to a car show and lookin for form over function wouldnt really work lol... kick out body kits, lambos, big wheels, stereo systems, and all that lol... just bring a nice stock car... 2010 model prob would have the best chance

but hell i vote for you to judge to jaydm

Old May 19th   #18
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
well yeah going to a car show and lookin for form over function wouldnt really work lol... kick out body kits, lambos, big wheels, stereo systems, and all that lol... just bring a nice stock car... 2010 model prob would have the best chance

but hell i vote for you to judge to jaydm
I hate stock......unless it's high end. As far as the body kits and big wheels it's not me but if you do it right i'll atleast respect it. now however if you put it on with duck tape and wood screws then were gonna have a problem....don't act like you haven't seen it.
Old May 19th   #19
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
Ugh...I been tryin to tell you this for YEARS. Now ya get it when its too late...lol

Back to the show - I can't wait. FINALLY the weather is going to cooperate, and as I understand it, the weather is supposed to be phenominal!
Old May 19th   #20
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I am going to try and make it back from Spring Bash in Tuscaloosa in time to be at this show. I can't spend much time down there anyway, they won't like all the Orange and White that I will be wearing!lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote