Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

SouthEastern Mini Roadracing Association Round 4
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

June 26th to June 27th 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 630 State Docks Road, behind the BTK Motorsports building, Decatur, AL
Contact: Paul Wilson (770) 500-5590, www.semra.org, info@semra.org

I've heard a lot about this motorcycle series and the great racing that comes from it. Practice session is Saturday with Racing Sunday.

Schedule from the web site:
7:00am
Gates open, registration begins
7:30am
Tech inspection is open Tech. closes at 8:45am. If you miss tech, you may have to wait until lunch, as the tech crew also needs practice.
8:45am
Registration closes. If you miss registration, you will probably miss both practices. You will be given a chance for late sign up at lunch, but you will be gridded at the back of your race.
8:45am
Riders Meeting at the scoring tower
9:00am
First round of practice begins. There is a sign at pit out indicating what class is on track and who is up next. DO NOT PRACTICE OUT OF YOUR GROUP. It will cause scoring issues.
RUNNING ORDER
Group 1 Kids Novice (both A & B)
Group 2 Supermoto
Group 3 Formula 2
Group 4 Thumper 150
Group 5 SPEC (both LW & HW)
Group 6 Adult Novice
Group 7 GP85
Group 8 Formula 1
Group 9 Supermini
Group 10 Thumper 136

If you pre-registered, you may pick up your transponder first thing in the am.

At the track, we accept cash or check only. No credit cards.

Day-of-race registrants will have to wait until after the first round of practice to pickup their transponder in order to be timed for the main race.

Second round of practice begins. (same order)
After your practice, go check your grid position for the main race
12:00pm
Lunch Break and Chapel Service
12:45pm
Riders Meeting at the scoring tower
1:00pm
Feature Races (same order) We have eliminated the heat races to give you more total laps by lengthening the main event. Less time wasted on gridding=more track time!

Trophy presentation follows immediately after the last race. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN IN YOUR TRANSPONDER!!! Have a safe trip home.

Check out some of the racing in this promotional video from a few years back. Most of this video was shot at Bakers Creek.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

This was my first time seeing a SEMRA race. I had heard about the series a couple of years back, but never had a chance to get out to an event. It reminds me of the kart racing as there is a level of dedication to the sport and the racing that you only find here at Bakers Creek.

I intended on spending more time Saturday, but a heavy downpour just at the end of the practice sessions allowed me to only get some on-track shots. But the rain also made for some interesting pictures. The puddling was almost like a flash flood as my feet were completely covered in water. On the way to and from the event Saturday, I captured some shots of interesting cars on the highway. Seems like everyone was out, even if it was scorching hot. Sunday was much better as far as rain, but was still very, very hot with heat indexes in the triple digits.

The race classes were broken out a little bit more during the actual races, making for smaller run groups. I only witnessed one incident on-track, but I did hear of others that required medical attention. Falling off a bike, even at slower speeds can still hurt. And even with that in mind, many parents race with their children. The kids are good at it too. A lot of the podium finishes were by some of the younger riders.

I want to thank Paul and his family for their hospitality, and allowing me to provide coverage of the event. I'll see everyone next time!
1 members will be attending this event:

Old July 6th   #2
mookie
mookie
has no status.

Samir-

on behalf of the SEMRA family i Thank You! SEMRA offers true family
oriented racing at a high level of competition.

several noted WERA/AMA current racers have risen through the ranks of SEMRA.
with more fast kids being groomed this season.

Thanks again Samir. you are very much appreciated.
Keith (Mookie) Montgomery
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you Keith! It was blasting seeing the kids out on course--young and old.