Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 13th   #1
Hemi
Hemi
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Angry Where not to buy

I went Sat June 12 to CBI there where 2 other people in the store and 2 men and the lady waiting on the other guys i was in the store for about 15 mins. no one asked if they could help me or any thing and i was ready to spend about 350.00 dollars but now i will not go back and make sure if i talk to guys at car shows to not buy or visit the CBI store just by off line from a better place that like,s your buying power money and yes i needed help.
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

ironically they were out passing out lil pieces of paper with their info on it at one of the car shows that day lol

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

summitt racing .. been a customer for 30 years
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #4
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I'm confused... how many people were there that worked for CBI? How many customers total in the store (including yourself)?

Not saying you don't have a right to be mad or anything, but I know sometimes it gets hectic around our store and I don't have the time to get to everyone. (although I definitely try to acknowledge everyone who enters)

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #5
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
I went Sat June 12 to CBI there where 2 other people in the store and 2 men and the lady waiting on the other guys i was in the store for about 15 mins. no one asked if they could help me or any thing and i was ready to spend about 350.00 dollars but now i will not go back and make sure if i talk to guys at car shows to not buy or visit the CBI store just by off line from a better place that like,s your buying power money and yes i needed help.
Were they still helping the other customers when you chose to leave the store? Did you ask anyone for help? I could understand your position if you had asked for assistance and they were rude and offered little to none, but if I was being helped and someone came in and attention was diverted away from my issue, I would be pretty pissed. Besides, 15 minutes is not very long to wait especially in a place where there's so much eyecandy to keep you occupied till your turn.
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #6
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Smile

I apologize to "Hemi" for the inattention on Saturday. Most people like to come in and browse around and come to the counter if they have a question. We are a pretty laid back store and we don't chase customers around trying to sell them something they don't need. (And fortunately we have been pretty busy on Saturdays lately) None of this is meant to be an excuse-- we should have acknowledged you when you came into the store and at least said that someone will with you in a moment. I hope you will give us another try, but I understand your feelings. My name is Misty, I am the lady at the counter, please feel free to call me 256-233-8602. Thanks for stopping by and I would love the opportunity to help you.
CBI PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #7
97ramsst
97ramsst
is outside playing with cars.

Wow, your first post and its bashing a company that is such a strong supporter of the car community in the area??? It makes you wonder if Hemi might have other motives for posting. I have been in the area for almost 2 years now...in fact my first trip to the area was to go to there customer appreciation day back in Dec 2008 (ok that was an excuse...it was really to meet me now wife Cecilia for the first time, but anyway.) I have since been to the store and talked with them several times over the phone and Misty and everone else there have been beyound friendly and nice to us. Sure there are plenty of places online to buy parts and major retailers (and as most of you know I have ties to Summit) but how many of them flip the bill for a local show as large as the one CBI puts on every year for us....how many of them offer a show room where you can go to on Friday and get that part you may need for the weekend without waiting to have it shipped? Some of you guys should think before you post (and go eat their free hamburgers this winter.) If you dont support the local guys they wont be able to stay in business and that wont be good for any of us.
97ramsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #8
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Dang my post was supposed to go in a different thread.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Dang my post was supposed to go in a different thread.lol
I can fix that, post a link to the thread and I'll move it there.
Old June 14th   #10
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
It was the thread that cruel1 posted about lowering his dodge.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #11
Hemi
Hemi
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

where not to buy

Well hell i spend a lot of money at most places in the Huntsville Area sowhen they do not speak to you as mi went close to the counter and look at them and hell i know the lady but time is money my money so i called speedway to day and will get 360.00 wroth of items Wed. and oh yes i want to help the speed shops but they should ask can we help and for you others kiss off
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #12
HDP 7
HDP 7
has rotary powah!!!

Send a message via AIM to HDP 7
Good way to start out with just 2 post. Maybe you should learn to type.
87 Mazda RX7 TII (drag car)

"When it happens I won't even notice... I'll be too busy looking good!"
HDP 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #13
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

seems like this 13 year old needs to be banned already...

you have no arguement against this company and they even came on here with an appology you didnt deserve... least you could do is give them a second chance... but first post is a company complaint thats huge in this area... and your second post is still complaining and tellin members of this site (that have been members for a long time and the admin) to "kiss off"? yeah not what this site is about buddy... i can refer you to walmart and the tampon section... although they might not run to ask you what your there for so youll prob just get mad again

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
...and for you others kiss off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude2nr View Post
...i can refer you to walmart and the tampon section...although they might not run to ask you what your there for so youll prob just get mad again
You guys need to calm down and keep this civil. Both of these comments violate section 5.e of the Terms of Service of Huntsville Car Scene. I understand this is an emotional topic, but keep things civil or I will start taking other action. This will be the only warning.

I actually talked to Misty this morning. And as she posted, they have been a bit swamped on Saturdays for some reason. And like she said, while that isn't an excuse, it does explain what might have happened. The staff at CBI are honest folks with a genuine interest in helping you.

I understand the nature of urgency when getting parts and the frustrations. I'm happy that you were able to find what you needed as I'm sure Misty is. Just don't write them off just yet. Keep them in mind for the next time you need parts.

And for the record, CBI Performance supports Huntsville Car Scene.com. They were the first sponsor for the Huntsville Car Scene passout slips, hence why Prelude2nr found one in his car at the show this weekend with their name on it.
Old June 14th   #15
ITSFAST
ITSFAST
---BAZINGA!

I'll agree with the others. Very harsh for a first couple of posts and against a well known supporter and contributor to the community. I've heard similar rants when salespeople are too overbearing. A simple "excuse me" and this rant could have been averted.

Either too laid back or too aggressive....sometimes there's no pleasing everyone.
Old June 14th   #16
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSFAST View Post
Either too laid back or too aggressive....sometimes there's no pleasing everyone.
BAM! There's the answer.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th   #17
mailman
mailman
uses spellcheck to avoid looking stupid

I used to work in an auto parts store. I would say that 85% of the people that come in just want you to leave them alone until they ask for help.The other 15% are women.I am the same way, leave me alone and don't bother me unless I ask for help.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th   #18
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

CBI has always been great to me, I like their large showroom, selection of parts, and the fact that its laid back. Their service has always been great whether I was buying $20 parts or $200 parts, in the rare case its not in stock they will still get it there next day. In every case, when it became my turn for help, they have always worked with me as long as it took to get me what i wanted.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th   #19
Alabamahotrod1930
Alabamahotrod1930
has no status.

parts

well i have bought some items from them but i buy all my items from speedway or jegs or ther places online I have not had good luck from places in this area so buy ther places and just have a good time and guys just leave it alone
Alabamahotrod1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th   #20
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

cant we all just get along, have a coke and a smile ,
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote