Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 30th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Huntsville Car Scene.com Needs Your Help!

One of the hardest parts of running this site is keeping on top of all the events in the area. It is easy to fall behind on and even easier to miss an event.

Besides the flyers I get at shows, I regularly check local web sites for any events that they have planned and put them on the calendar. It's really simple, but is just time consuming.

Here's how you can help. I'll post a list of sites here. Go to these sites and check them for events on a regular basis (weekly seems to work best). If you find an event listed thats not on my calendar, add it. Remember, anyone can add to the calendar, not just me.

All user submitted events have to be validated before they show up, so don't worry about messing up or being incomplete. I can fix it if there's something wrong.

This can save me literally hours of work a week, and those that help me out, I'll help out however I can.

Last edited by Samir; June 30th at 12:24 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Want something even easier that can help? The old site, hsv.streetracing.org still has many old events with pictures that are not listed on the new site's calendar. These need to be copied to the new site's calendar.

It's pretty simple. Again, just time consuming.
  • Go to hsv.streetracing.org/events/, click on an event link.
  • Have the new site open in another window and add a new event to the calendar.
  • Copy all the event info from the old site to the new one. Don't worry about the pictures. I can take care of that easily if I already have the event listing.
  • Submit the new event.
There's only about 50 or events on the old site that need to be moved, but again it's time that can be saved so I can work on doing more improvements.
Old July 4th   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
im in.....

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool man, starting looking for events. I'll start working on these pictures and this stack of flyers.
Old September 20th   #6
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I'm here to help cause I know your swamped and the --it keeps pileing up and onc you start to drown in it it's hard to keep your head above it.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Look for those events and put what you find on the calendar. I'm having to deal with a bad sector on one of the microdrives now. I normally wouldn't care, but it's a really good picture that might be lost. More work, less time.
Old October 20th   #8
SoftBatch
SoftBatch
has no status.

Samir,

Do you want events added like the SVTOA Open Track at Little Taladega? I know it's out of the area but it is still within driving distance and is a pretty substantial event
SoftBatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftBatch
Samir,

Do you want events added like the SVTOA Open Track at Little Taladega? I know it's out of the area but it is still within driving distance and is a pretty substantial event
Thank you VERY much for your help. The rule of thumb I use is if the event has a significant interest in our area (a group of people are going or seriously considering it), then I'll list something like this, even if it is far away. I think the TGPR and this weekend's TT fall under that category. Also, if you haven't already, try to get the autocrosses for next weekend too. I still have this pile of flyers to go through before this weekend. I can't work on the host issue because the new host is moving, so we'll all have to just deal with the problems for one more week.
Old May 2nd   #10
Yellowhammer
Yellowhammer
has no status.

site help

Samir, although (as you know) I am usually busy with Autocross, Time Trials, TAC, TVR, Rallycross, and the Crow Mountain Hillclimb, I will try my best to keep the site here as updated as possible with SCCA/TAC events and subjects.... Thanks for your support of the overall scene- I think you are about to "turn the corner" with this site and it should fulfill your vision of gear-head central for the Huntsville area.... I'll try to help as much as I can.

John
Old May 2nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowhammer
Samir, although (as you know) I am usually busy with Autocross, Time Trials, TAC, TVR, Rallycross, and the Crow Mountain Hillclimb, I will try my best to keep the site here as updated as possible with SCCA/TAC events and subjects.... Thanks for your support of the overall scene- I think you are about to "turn the corner" with this site and it should fulfill your vision of gear-head central for the Huntsville area.... I'll try to help as much as I can.

John
Thank you very, very much for your help John.

TAC/SCCA is one of the places this site started. And as Huntsville Car Scene has grown, so has TAC/SCCA. So much so, that it's hard for me to keep a finger on the organization anymore. Meeting times conflict with other events, and even some events conflict. I'm glad to see the Sunday events, as I can actually make those.

I'll be there this Sunday, although I haven't even had a chance to put it on the calendar yet to let other people know about it. Feel free to help out with any event listings. It's the best free advertising any organization can get.
Old July 16th   #12
Baseball10x
Baseball10x
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

I Got you Samir... I have Free Time every day almost i can get all them events on there for you..
Baseball10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you dude! I was up until 5am Saturday morning doing event searches just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and my body is hurting so bad from the weekend it's like being in shock.

A great way to help me out is by posting events that you find on the flyers at events. I always have a stack of those to go through, and I miss getting to a lot of them due to the time it takes to enter them in.

Another big saver of time is to hit the local web sites and forums. It's hard to keep up with what all the clubs are doing, and it takes some digging to find out what people are doing sometimes.

I know this weekend is a bigger one than it looks. There's more events going on for sure. Teamtac.org has events both days this weekend, but I'm not sure if it's on the calendar yet.
Old July 17th   #14
Spook
Spook
has no status.
Huntsville Car Scene Site Elder

And don't for get about NAWCA buggin in july at point malard,
bring swim gear , and hit the water park while you are here
and Sunday we blowing up a motor

"burnt,scarred,bloodied,greasie hands
............it's a zen thing........."-Spook the elder
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ir/vwheart.gif
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Oh yeah, I can't forget that one--it's already on the calendar.

I was trying to remember all the ones that aren't on the calendar yet.
Old July 17th   #16
Baseball10x
Baseball10x
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

I put Them Motor cross events on the Calender i think i messed up on one though..
Old July 17th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nah, you did pretty good. One thing you'll find is that a lot of clubs don't keep their calendars up to date. A lot of times you'll find more information in the forums.

I've validated what you already put on the calendar because it is a good reminder and good start for me. Thank you again for the help! Keep it coming!
Old July 17th   #18
Baseball10x
Baseball10x
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

Samir You need to put someone over that man you are killing yourself doing all the by yourself..Im not saying that just to do it.. But for real you need to.. If you want to too you could put someone as supermod and they could watch over the fourms, and Get Someone Like I Mean i Wouldnt mind doing Printing out Flyers for Huntsville Car Scene as long as you can give me some designs and sponsers to put on there... Leaving you with just photos man your killing your self with all that work..
Old July 17th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's definitely a lot of work, and yes, it literally is killing me by taking a toll on my health. I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a train.

I have yet to start this thread that has been in my mind for a few weeks now, but it's on the vision that created HCS. It's to explain how this whole thing can work to benefit everyone in the scene and how it can fall apart without support in key areas.

One problem is one that every business can only hope to have--too much growth. I never anticipated this much growth is this small timeframe, and many of the systems initially set up simply didn't scale. Finding new solutions are a challenge to say the least. Especially when there is no real free time to dedicate to development.

There was a thread on some of this before that I think you'll find interesting to read:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=815
Old July 11th   #20
Arrowhead 21
Arrowhead 21
has no status.

These events look pretty entertaining.

Last edited by Samir; July 11th at 01:26 PM.
Arrowhead 21 is offline   Reply With Quote