Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Alabama Drift Session 2
Calendar: Events Calendar
Dozier  
November 7th 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Chilton County Dragway, 8335 AL Hwy 191, Maplesville, AL 35750

30 driver cap.

Pre-registration only.

Old September 23rd   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Awesome! Thank you for the post!
Old September 24th   #3
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Dozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I added that to the original post.
Old October 12th   #5
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Keeping this fresh...Pre-Registration only.
Old October 22nd   #6
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Keeping it fresh...For the record, I see alot of talk on Facebook about people in Huntsville not wanting to go because it is not big enough, or too far, or the surface is too rough. Since when did people who drift care? It is drifting. The course is being stretched a bit further this time for higher speeds, which will be mid to high second gear the whole time. The surface is not bad at all. Everyone who came out got an infinite amount of runs all day because there wasn't that many drivers out there so they just ran until they were tired and still only went through about two or three sets of tires. Not any different than any other drift day. The price is unbeatable. I saw someone mention a tow truck that far is expensive..Seriously, if you think your car is going to break down, you have more issues to worry about. Trailer it out then. No worries on a tow truck. Stop making up excuses to drift legally in the daylight and have fun without worrying about the popo. The worst that can happen is you get some practice, get a tan, and possibly make some friends.
Old October 22nd   #7
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Gates open at 10:00
Tech and meeting at 11:00
Driving begins at 11:30
Old October 22nd   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozier View Post
...For the record, I see alot of talk on Facebook about people in Huntsville not wanting to go because it is not big enough, or too far, or the surface is too rough. Since when did people who drift care? It is drifting. The course is being stretched a bit further this time for higher speeds, which will be mid to high second gear the whole time. The surface is not bad at all. Everyone who came out got an infinite amount of runs all day because there wasn't that many drivers out there so they just ran until they were tired and still only went through about two or three sets of tires. Not any different than any other drift day. The price is unbeatable. I saw someone mention a tow truck that far is expensive..Seriously, if you think your car is going to break down, you have more issues to worry about. Trailer it out then. No worries on a tow truck. Stop making up excuses to drift legally in the daylight and have fun without worrying about the popo. The worst that can happen is you get some practice, get a tan, and possibly make some friends.
So that's where everyone went after huntsvilledrift disappeared.

Well said. I've seen these guys pay regular event admission and drive all the way to Mississippi and TN for events, so you've nailed the excuses on the head.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be getting the attention of drifters in our neighboring states if no one here wants to play. Smaller, grassroots events like this keep drifting accessible to those that want it.
Old October 23rd   #9
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Last event had a couple from Georgia and Mississippi sign up. This event already has three from Georgia.
Old October 23rd   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Good to hear. If it wasn't so far away and there are some local events, I'd be there. But keep scheduling them and I'll make one of them for sure.
Old October 29th   #11
Luvs2slide850
Luvs2slide850
has no status.

I'm on the panhandle of florida and I'm even considering on driving up with my 240. Drifting on the panhandle seems like it won't ever happen. So I'm definitely down drive a couple hours to drift. Just need to find some spares. Are the cones going to be set up differently than the last session?
Luvs2slide850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I would've thought Florida would've had more places to slide. Bummer.

I think there was some discussion about making the course a little more open by running it the opposite way and changing it slightly, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've had an email about any new posts on the other discussion threads.
Old October 30th   #13
Luvs2slide850
Luvs2slide850
has no status.

They do have events in South Florida. But on the panhandle there is nothing.
I really don't feel like driving 7 to 8 hours away. But this even is a lot closer.
Old November 2nd   #14
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

There will be fewer cones set up in turn making the course faster and stretched a bit. It will basically be the same layout as we only have soo much room. Come on and sign up.
Old November 3rd   #15
Luvs2slide850
Luvs2slide850
has no status.

only problem as of now is me needing yo get some spare rims and tires. if anyone has any to let borrow I will pay to rent them from you. if not I'll just keep asking around town. I'll sign up once I figure this out.
Old November 5th   #16
Dozier
Dozier
has no status.

Sign up and come down. Someone will have spares. Trust me. Last time everyone I know brought like six spares and after drifting all day until we got tired only ended up using half of them. So come out and someone will let you use some spares.