Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 23rd   #1
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
Cool new wheels for the SC

picked up some wheels for the SC today. they are 17x7 for front and 17x9 for the rear. i was dead set on 18's till these came along and for the price and difference in tire price, jumped on them.
thinking about painting the centers dark bronze, what do ya think? paint them or leave them gunmetal?
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd   #2
cruel1hemi
cruel1hemi
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to cruel1hemi
Its gonna be hard to drive around with no tires on.......haha

Those will look great on there.
__________________
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi "Lone Star Edition" (the show truck)
2001 Acura 3.2CL (the daily driver)

Member of the Board of Directors - HemiTruckClub.com
cruel1hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Personally I would have gone for 32's with $ spinners..............I guess those will look ok. Good seeing you at the track the other night.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
I like them either way, but bronze with body colored calipers would be sweet.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd   #5
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
nice wheels.. see if someone can photoshop them bronze for you to give you a idea of what they would look like..just my .02
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd   #6
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel1hemi View Post
Its gonna be hard to drive around with no tires on.......haha

Those will look great on there.
can't get that super low stance with tires on them! hopefully i will have tires Monday or Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
Personally I would have gone for 32's with $ spinners..............I guess those will look ok. Good seeing you at the track the other night.
good to see you, your last run looked pretty freaking good!
i managed to knock down a 9.38 in the Lex. not bad for a stock 3700 lb tank!
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...

Last edited by Wilson!; October 23rd at 07:54 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #7
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
now with tires!! lol


and one to show off my HCS sticker
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Looks good! And the sticker does too!
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #9
MOONW
MOONW
has no status.
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 40
looks good as it is .. dont change to many things at once .. leaves you something to change later
MOONW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #10
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
Hoping to get the windows tinted and the calipers painted this week. That will be it for a little while.
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
That will be all it needs for a while. It will look sweet!
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #12
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
I want to do a full HID conversion on it also (high,low,fog), swap the headlamp lens for some clear lens (may paint the housings satin black while they are apart), and smoke the taillights.
After that, I plan on upgrading the brakes, and maybe a cold air kit, then I'll call it done.
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...

Last edited by Wilson!; October 24th at 09:48 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
I want to do a full HID conversion on it also (high,low,fog), swap the headlamp lens for some clear lens (may paint the housings satin black while they are apart), and smoke the taillights.
After that, I plan on upgrading the brakes, and maybe a cold air kit, then I'll call it done.
Ahh, such a great list of mod items. I can see the finished project in my mind--so clean...
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #14
Lstarz14
Lstarz14
is chillin
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 42
nice
Lstarz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #15
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Some where down the road this so needs an LSX..........it would make the 2JZ fan boys angry........the only way a 2JZ swap would be acceptable is if you over night parts from japan.

Last edited by EvilZ; October 25th at 02:00 PM. Reason: ramble ramble ramble
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #16
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
I'd love to do a LS3/T56 Swap just for the haters, but this one will remain pretty much stock under the hood. This car is bound for daily driver duty, with some cruising on the side.
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
Some where down the road this so needs an LSX..........it would make the 2JZ fan boys angry........the only way a 2JZ swap would be acceptable is if you over night parts from japan.
The only way this swap would be acceptable is ifyou're doing it for you. $10k to upset a clique? I'd rather spend my money on better pursuits...
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #18
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
The only way this swap would be acceptable is ifyou're doing it for you. $10k to upset a clique? I'd rather spend my money on better pursuits...
LSX swap could easily be done for $5k, even less if you were willing to do a iron block out of truck or tahoe. Which would be about the same as a 2JZ swap.........

LSX stuff is getting pretty cheap.........hence why there starting to pop un 240's.

As far as the acceptable part about overnight parts from japan.........it's a line from fast and furious..........2JZ OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EvilZ; October 25th at 03:27 PM. Reason: one day more then 2 people will get my jokes
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
LSX swap could easily be done for $5k, even less if you were willing to do a iron block out of truck or tahoe. Which would be about the same as a 2JZ swap.........

LSX stuff is getting pretty cheap.........hence why there starting to pop un 240's.

As far as the acceptable part about overnight parts from japan.........it's a line from fast and furious..........2JZ OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!
I didn't realize they're that cost effective, but it makes sense they're the same as a 2JZ since all the wiring and stuff has to be re-done for either swap.

Yeah, the LSX is a great engine/drivetrain platform. That's why a lot of the builders and kit cars use them. They are solid, that's for sure.

I didn't catch the line. <--digs out movie and starts watching it again...
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th   #20
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I didn't realize they're that cost effective, but it makes sense they're the same as a 2JZ since all the wiring and stuff has to be re-done for either swap.

Yeah, the LSX is a great engine/drivetrain platform. That's why a lot of the builders and kit cars use them. They are solid, that's for sure.

I didn't catch the line. <--digs out movie and starts watching it again...
LSX equals god gift to man, i've been on that wagon for a while. but when you can set your cruise on 95 mph and still get 27 mpg............thats whats up, well so i'm told since i never speed lol.

So many good one liners from those moives............i'm ready for a new one, i need some new material to work with.

Last edited by EvilZ; October 25th at 03:43 PM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hey guys i need wheels SLOBACK General Discussions 15 September 6th 01:03 PM
Help Me Find the Right Wheels! Samir General Discussions 38 August 7th 01:21 PM
Looking For Wheels!!! BeyondSound General Discussions 0 April 21st 02:38 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service