Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old November 21st   #1
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

Question Need Some Ideas for My Honda

Ok, so i am really new to this car thing. I am trying to fix up a car I am going to be getting in a few weeks so my husband and I can both enter into shows together. I am getting a 4-door 1995 Honda Accord. Its an automatic. My husband came up with the name "Ashes to Life" for a phoenix I am going to have on it somewhere. I am not talking about the car phoenix but the one of mythology. Long story short, the Phoenix has a special meaning to me and my life. I love the colors Purple and a turquoise color. lol I am not a pink girl. I had had plans on painting it purple and I was gonna have the Ed Hardy Phoenix for seat covers and steering wheel, ect. So any ideas yall can give me would be great. Lol like i said i am still new to this, ive got ideas but i am not sure how they will work. i am not going for speed, but a sleek and classic look. I am planning on getting underglows and a Cry02 kit. thanks yall
Old November 22nd   #2
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I am not real sure how far you want to go with this, but one peice of advice I can give is to steer clear of anything they sell at Walmart or Autozone as far as add ons go.lol Yes while they can be done tastefully, they are most times just not a good addition to a vehicle as far as the car show winning aspect goes. I have seen so many potentially nice cars ruined with cheap parts. I wouldn't start painting all the little plastic interior peices either. That, in my opinion, looks cheap. If you really want to compete in the show scene around here, just take your time. Save up your money for quality parts. Have them installed the proper way the first time. I have built a 94 accord. My car was decent, but no show stopper. However I didn't build it to show, merely as a clean daily. If it where my car:
1.deep clean everything from bumper to bumper.
2.evaluate what needs to be done to make the apperance and maintenance up to par first.
3.fix and maintain the vehicle to be a clean reliable daily, as your probably gonna drive it everyday like most of us do with our projects.
4. Research some other peoples rides and see what you like. Sit down and make a Plan. Stick to that plan and don't defer far from it, or you start to get a mix of styles, and unless you know how to work multiple styles and tie them into your own personal one, then I would stick to one.lol be it Import, Euro, Mini, Rod, Rat, etc... I have seen many accords done in many styles to look good.
5.Execute the things you want one at a time. There is nothing more difficult for myself to look at than a car with 5 different colors on different panels/body kit, with half the interior missing and one lambo door hinge. Then entering it in the under construction class looking the exact same way it did the past 17 shows I saw it at.
6.Don't be afraid to ask for help and/or advice. I wouldn't be even a fraction as far into the auto scene as I am today without the help of some of the veterans of the game that are on this very site and others around the nation. Watching and learning from people like Spook, Hoss, ItsFast, etc...has given me so many ideas and advice that I have been able to create my own style from the things I have learned.

I know much of this from experience. While I know I am still younger than most of the folks on here I have still been around the show scene for a while. If you need any help just let me know.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd   #3
Munchie
Munchie

Here are a few quick examples, not great examples, but examples nonetheless of different styles:
While I am not a fan of the paint by any means, this accord with the body kit, wheels and stance are a decent combo.

This one is closer to my style.

This one is 100% my style.lol (before anyone bashes me yes I know this is a civic)

This is a wild Mini style.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old November 22nd   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I love the white one.......less is more in my opinion.

If it was me nice set of wheels (CCW, Volk, Work....) and a nice drop (ksport coilovers are the best bang for the buck) and done.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd   #5
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

Ok i see what ya mean. yeah its gonna be my daily driver. I do plan to sit down and i like what you said about making a plan and sticking with it. I think Ryan said we are gonna primer it first and work our way from there. I do know for sure I want the color of the body to be purple. and i want it to say "Ashes to Life" on the windshield. the whole phoenix thing may be diff but its something that i love. lol ill be asking lots of questions. and honestly i am not looking to win any shows. i am still so new at this. i am just doing this to have fun with Ryan and enter in charity car shows. my way to give back. lol until i get my degree i prolly wont be doing a ton of work.
is there a honda forum/site like this? i know Ryan is on a colbalt one
Old November 22nd   #6
Munchie
Munchie

There are A LOT of honda forums. Does the paint look ok on the car? If so don't primer it. Even if the paint is less than par, but still all one color and needing little work I wouldn't primer it. The only way I would primer something is if it were multiple different colors.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old November 22nd   #7
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

well the car is pink and white and has a huge smiley face spray painted on the hood lol..I am getting it from Justin. so yeah primer is a kinda good idea lol. also, which honda forum would u recomend?
Old November 22nd   #8
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

As far as the Honda forum's I'd stay away..........your not going to find what your looking for on any of them and they're going to bash the he[[ out of what you have in mind to do. 98% of the honda crowd has moved to the JDM style and will label you a ricer on almost any forum. I should be able to answer any technical question you'd have as far and i'm sure there's plenty of others that could do the same.

If it was me the only body mod i would do is shave the side moldings and update the front and rear bumpers to the 96-97 style (there very very similar but the later years look cleaner to me) paint it the color of choice slam it and a nice set of wheels and done.
Old November 22nd   #9
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

that does sound like a good idea. lol im trying to learn car lingo. dont suppose they make a book with all the diff phrases? :P i have a picture in my head but i cant draw it out worth a crap lol.
Old November 24th   #10
Mediarocker
Mediarocker
hasn't been on in a while...

Even some JDM is rice to these guys man... And whats funny is the people talkin smack on the honda forums ARE the ricers.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th   #11
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
Even some JDM is rice to these guys man... And whats funny is the people talkin smack on the honda forums ARE the ricers.
I know. Ask anyone that knows me I can pick anything apart when it comes to imports (espically honda's and nissans).......I'm going a new route and build a 77 Civic CVCC wagon just because I want to do something not many people are doing. I mean it's pretty much impossible to do something different with a civic hatch......
Old November 24th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
I love the white one.......less is more in my opinion.
Me too.

Welcome. I have a 94 Accord. You've chosen a very stable and reliable platform that has a decent amount of aftermarket support. And because it's an older platform, you'll find tons of information on sites like cb7tuner.com, cd5tuner.com, accordtuner.com, and even some portions of honda-tech.com. There's a lot of reading, but you'll save reinventing the wheel and get up to speed on the car very quickly.

Munchie said it best in his post. Most of us go through that process instinctively whenever we think about our cars. Follow his process and ask for help when you need it.
Old November 24th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ51 View Post
...and update the front and rear bumpers to the 96-97 style (there very very similar but the later years look cleaner to me)...
The only caveat to this is that the Greddy front lip spoiler has to be modified to fit and that the 96-97 isn't an exact bolt on.
Old November 24th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs NiTeZ View Post
that does sound like a good idea. lol im trying to learn car lingo. dont suppose they make a book with all the diff phrases? :P i have a picture in my head but i cant draw it out worth a crap lol.
This is where a lot of reading is going to come into play. You'll literally have to study to get up to speed, but it's like anything else.

If you have a picture in your head, that's a great start. See if you can find something online that is similar or has certain portions of the car the same way and post them here. Let's go from there.
Old November 24th   #15
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

Thanks i am going to look and ill post a pic of the car when i get it next week and get yall's ideas. i am also going to see if my photo shop genus for a husband can put my ideas on there as a rough draft. i feel like i am relearning alot with trying to learn car lingo..and i just started to learn teen and texting lingo! :P i will get to reading asap. i told ryan yall are great helping me do all this. oh and Samir, I got into the Art Institute. I am going to try and do my core classes at UAH with Ryan and do some online classes there so I will get my degree sooner.
Old November 26th   #16
Munchie
Munchie

As you can see I tried to go a different route than everyone else. I didn't have the car too long after I bagged it and shaved the moldings and stuff. I never got to complete my plan for it. After this shot is when it went back under the knife and the front got chopped to lay subframe, then I traded it for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee!lol
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old November 26th   #17
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

ah ok..thats not the car u had back mabye 2yrs or so ago when i first met ya is it?
Old November 26th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I forgot to add that www.tasauto.com is a great place to find parts for these cars. Their selection isn't everything that's available, but it's pretty close.
Old November 29th   #19
Munchie
Munchie

I don't know when you bet me, but it was about 3 or so years ago when I had this car.
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old November 30th   #20
Mrs NiTeZ
Mrs NiTeZ
[Too Long]

ok..yeah when i met ya u had a car that i think had orange rims mabye?