Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old July 16th   #1
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Thumbs up W.C. Handy Festival Car Show

http://www.shoalscarandtruckclub.com...2005/index.htm is the link to this car show and it is also on the events calendar. There are 40 categories and they have a really good turn out.

This car show is open to all vehicles, brands, years, whatever...

My point is that I used to roll with one of the clubs over there in Florence during my hiatus from Huntsville. Basically I would just like to go over there with a few cars from Huntsville and show them how its really done. They have a few clubs over there and its a very promising car show scene, but nothing really ever comes together for any of the late model targeted car clubs. This is one of the biggest car shows of the year in the Shoals area, and I'd love to pull up with quite a few vehicles and represent Huntsville at this show since there are usually very few vehicles from Huntsville. Kerry said he was going to try to get some guys up from Birmingham, and I wanted to ask the opinions of everyone if they would like to go.

Florence is only 65 miles west of Huntsville. I wanted to propose meeting at Wal Mart parking lot on University at about 9 on Saturday 7/30/05 and all of us rolling out as a group at 9:30 sharp! Showing up as a group would be pretty impressive...I wonder what they would think if we brought in 50 cars...they would have to close down another street just to accomidate us and the rest of the show...heheh Let me know what you think, I'll definately be there.

Last edited by JayMack75; July 16th at 11:26 PM.
JayMack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th   #2
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Heck you know if Kerry is there, we will be right there with him.lol, About how long does it take to get there?
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

It only takes about an hour, and if you travel it as much as I do it gets quicker. lol There are 2 speed traps that we'll have to go slow thru, but other than that its a pretty clean and clear shot all the way down 72. Kerry said he didn't know what he wanted to do...something about a tattoo convention at the civic center, but I certainly hope he changes his mind and goes to Flo-town.
Old July 17th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

This weekend's not even over and you're talking about the next one! I'm still trying to get to everything this weekend moreless thinking about the next one. Although I need to start thinking about it pretty quickly. There's a lot on the calendar.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th   #5
Munchie
Munchie

Yeah Kerry told me about the convention at the civic center, but he is going because he wants to get a tattoo, i already have a tattoo, so i think i will go to the show instead. Although it would be kinda cool to go see what they have to offer at the Tattoo Convention. I guess i am kinda undecided, we will see how thing progress toward the end of the week.
Old July 17th   #6
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir
This weekend's not even over and you're talking about the next one! I'm still trying to get to everything this weekend moreless thinking about the next one. Although I need to start thinking about it pretty quickly. There's a lot on the calendar.
I like to plan ahead...sue me. LOL Really I just wanted to get it out here so people would have a chance to see it and decide on it like munchie and kerry. You too, if you wanted to go. You know I'm gonna take some pictures anyway.
Old July 17th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

haha. I actually love planning ahead, but I have so much I'm behind on, I am basically just putting out fires and won't be able to plan ahead until the present work is done. And right now that present work is the pictures so far from this weekend.
Old July 17th   #8
mcs01xtreme
mcs01xtreme
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to mcs01xtreme Send a message via MSN to mcs01xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to mcs01xtreme
im in the same shoes as munchie if kerry goes im there but i also wanna check out this tattoo convention because i love that stuff i wanna get one but we'll see.
Old July 17th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I used to want a tattoo until I learned it involves needles! Ouch! Forget that, there's some pretty good fake stick on ones now, lol.
Old July 17th   #10
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Right now I'm crossing my fingers that Kerry goes. lol
Old July 18th   #11
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
right now im thinkin...as much as I want to get a tattoo and wana go to this convention...I can get a tat any day of the year...yea the prices are gonna be awesome but after Jay explained to me about his reason for goin to this show was to show some people up and shut the place down...I think im gonna be in on this

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #12
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2loS10
right now im thinkin...as much as I want to get a tattoo and wana go to this convention...I can get a tat any day of the year...yea the prices are gonna be awesome but after Jay explained to me about his reason for goin to this show was to show some people up and shut the place down...I think im gonna be in on this
I think we'd have a great time and definately get some heads turned. ESPECIALLY with all the air we'd be bringin. hehe I can't wait.

Hey Kerry, which one were you again? LMAO

Last edited by JayMack75; July 18th at 10:08 AM.
Old July 18th   #13
MYLOTOY
MYLOTOY
has no status.

I might be going now that I know it's not this weekend. My brother told me about it Sat at the Hooters show.
MYLOTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th   #14
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Oh yeah, its going to be on the 30th, so not this coming weekend but the next one. This weekend is that 256 show...thats the only one I know of.
Old July 18th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

A lot of the older cars will be hitting the Rod Run in Danville. And then there is the cruise-in in Scottsboro and Arab as well as the British car club in Madison.
Old July 18th   #16
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
A lot of the older cars will be hitting the Rod Run in Danville. And then there is the cruise-in in Scottsboro and Arab as well as the British car club in Madison.
I'll stick to the Handy Car show because I'd have a hard time passing that big ol' black suburban off as a british car
Old July 18th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Naah, we all know that's a Land Rover with the GMC conversion.
Old July 18th   #18
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Naah, we all know that's a Land Rover with the GMC conversion.
Thats right! I forgot...they musta done the conversion while it was on the way to be delivered. No wonder I got such a good price on it. lol
Old July 18th   #19
Munchie
Munchie

Is this show geared more around our generation? or the 18th century?lol just kidding. Or is it both either way i will be there, just wanted to know what we were in store for.
Old July 18th   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie
Is this show geared more around our generation? or the 18th century?lol just kidding. Or is it both either way i will be there, just wanted to know what we were in store for.
Its basically like a much larger version of the Hardees Gurley show. Its put on by a car club thats geared toward older model cars, but the late model turn out usually equals or surpasses the older cars. From what I remember from before the judging is based ona 10 point scale for 5 or 6 different areas I believe. There are like 40 classes and if I'm not mistaken they give awards for 1, 2 and 3rd so there's room for everyone. Sorry, but I didnt pay much attention last year when I was in it, I was more concerned about cleaning my car cause it had rained that morning...but I got a 1st place trophy and we had a really good time!

Last edited by JayMack75; July 18th at 03:10 PM.