Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old January 12th   #1
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

2011 Barrett Jackson

So what's going to be hot this year?

I'm thinking resto-rod muscle cars will be hot. People have gotten spoiled by new car techology so i think these cars are the only way to fly in the future. I have a feeling Mopar stuff will be pricey as well (I personally don't get it). I'm curious to see how trucks do this year. Since it seems like a lot of guys on the site are into rat rods what kind of money do you guys expect these to bring at this year. Is the fad still going or has it reached it's peak.

Cars i think are headed in the gutter anything all orginal pre 50, and I think rat rods may have reached there peak (i could be wrong but i feel like a price adjustment is coming soon).

I really really get into car pricing ( i guess it's the analyical side of me) so this should be a fun thread.
Old January 12th   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I've never understood rat rods and personally think they are ugly. Pre 50s I agree are gonna fall in price. I saw a late 60s Camaro at a show about two years ago that had a double din, new speakers, custom sub set up etc. Fuel injected motor and modern stuff like that and said to myself, "that's the future of older cars." I think its pretty awesome.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th   #3
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

I've never monitored the pricing of older cars for the upside (I'm usually seeing if what I want has come down sufficiently. ). But I have noticed trends based on the level of nostalgia and memories attached to a particular make/model.

I don't necessarily see restomods being hot except with those that need these modern conveniences, ie younger buyers. I think the pure simply classics have an allure to them that won't fade with older buyers since that adds to the nostalgia.

Rat rods are an interesting category of enthusiast vehicles. I think because of their deep tie to counter-culture attached to the cars of that era, they will always be around and will increase in popularity only so much. I mean, not everyone is into that social culture and that will be the only limiting factor on their popularity. As far as vehicles, I think the admiration will always be there, but few will delve into the world of driving on a rusted out seat and shifting with a beer tap handle (but it's always going to be cool for being unique).
Old January 22nd   #4
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Rat Rods are Sexy as all get out. Ruckers truck, while I am not sure if he considers it a rat or not, but being rusty and such would qualify in my book, is one of the SEXIEST TRUCKS known to this man right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that enough times. His and the Silver one that are in this town are absolutly gorgeous! I love the fact that Rat Rods are built from taking multiple vehicles and cutting, modifying, and reinventing all those parts into one awesome peice of personal art! With nothing more than a welder and an a$$ load of metal a hot rod/rat rod builder can work so much magic its rediculous!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd   #5
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchie View Post
Rat Rods are Sexy as all get out. Ruckers truck, while I am not sure if he considers it a rat or not, but being rusty and such would qualify in my book, is one of the SEXIEST TRUCKS known to this man right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that enough times. His and the Silver one that are in this town are absolutly gorgeous! I love the fact that Rat Rods are built from taking multiple vehicles and cutting, modifying, and reinventing all those parts into one awesome peice of personal art! With nothing more than a welder and an a$$ load of metal a hot rod/rat rod builder can work so much magic its rediculous!
Tell us how you really feel Munchie, lol.

I do agree that his trucks are awesome. I loved this recent shot from the cruise-in that's coming up again on Wednesday: