Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

CBI Performance Warehouse Swap Meet
Calendar: Events Calendar
CBI PERFORMANCE  
February 19th 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: CBI Performance Warehouse, 13750 Moorseville Road, Athens, AL 35613
Contact: CBI Performance Warehouse, 256-233-8602, www.cbiperformance.com

General Admission is $5. Concessions Available. Automotive Items Only!

Vendors Setup Date- Fri. Feb 18, (2-8 PM)
Vendors are encouraged to set up on Fri. Feb. 18 2P-8P)
CALL NOW to reserve your spot!

Pre-Registered Vendors (MUST Be PAID IN FULL by 2-12)
Indoor Vendor Spaces- $35
Outdoor Vendor Spaces- $25

NEW!!!
Week of Show Vendor Registration (Those NOT PAID by 2-12)
Indoor Vendor Spaces- $60
Outdoor Vendor Spaces- $45

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!~!

Wayne Winningham, NHRA Chassis Inspector, will be here at the swap meet on Feb. 19 to certify chassis. If you need to get a new sticker, this would be a great time to do it or to find out what you may need to have updated before race season begins. We do need for you to make a reservation because time & space will be limited that day and we want to keep things moving as smoothly as possible. Please call Misty @ CBI 256-233-8602 to get on the list.
8 members will be attending this event:

Old January 18th   #2
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old January 18th   #3
MOONW
MOONW
has no status.

you know .. some serious discussion has been held on whether or not events should charge admission fees .. i have no problem paying a few bucks to attend a show as good as the CBI event or as the ardmore show .. most all shows should & could charge a small amount and i think it would`nt hurt the draw at all ..
MOONW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #4
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
you know .. some serious discussion has been held on whether or not events should charge admission fees .. i have no problem paying a few bucks to attend a show as good as the CBI event or as the ardmore show .. most all shows should & could charge a small amount and i think it would`nt hurt the draw at all ..
Yep, and more importantly events needs funds from somewhere to keep them running, especially now.
Old January 20th   #5
loburban
loburban
has no status.

CBI swap meet

ther they are going up on vendor fees it started last year at $25 inside parts wnt hardly sell up ther anyhow ask the vendors nobody saidthey were doing any good now you gotta jack up your price to cover the fees t ain't worth it
loburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th   #6
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loburban View Post
ther they are going up on vendor fees it started last year at $25 inside parts wnt hardly sell up ther anyhow ask the vendors nobody saidthey were doing any good now you gotta jack up your price to cover the fees t ain't worth it
Did you run into this as a vendor last year? They had another swap meet too last year, but I wasn't able to attend. Did you go to that one as well? How was it?

Last edited by Samir; January 20th at 04:16 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st   #7
loburban
loburban
has no status.

cbi swap meet

went to 1st one andmissed 2nd one but went back late fall terrible for sales and thats what everyone else around me said
Old January 21st   #8
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
*Most* vendors at shows don't sell a lot. The whole idea of being a vendor at a show is just to get your name out to people who may not have heard of you. (different target audience, if you'd like)

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st   #9
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

We would be curious to know how it works out. It seems most vendors are only actually selling small, inexpensive items at this time. That would be hard to make up the $25, $35 or more vendor entry fee. And then charging $5 for buyers to get in, also cuts the spending a little. Soon, after we finish our '69 Mustang, we should have several used parts laying around to sell at a small price - if anyone is looking for such, just let us know. We may have. For one, the original 14" rims are stacked in a corner.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st   #10
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

I think that one of the things to keep in mind is also how much is the bang for buck for this type of sale. I mean, an ad in the paper would probably cost just as much, but in the end have probably have a much lower 'closer' rate.
Old January 21st   #11
loburban
loburban
has no status.

cbi swapmeet

we go to a lot of swapmeets we buy and sell items we might can make a dollar on my buddy buys whatever someone else is tired of hauling around, I buy mostly American racing wheels but the market can only stand so much, I can put my wheels on ebay but I enjoy making new friends when a guy comes up to me and says look at my car now with the wheels I bought from you looks good don't it. but I guess we will spectators s CBI now with the jacked up prices.
Old January 21st   #12
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
No need to get hurt over the prices.

I'm sure CBI wouldn't raise them unless there is a reason. I'm sure they will still have just as many vendors this year compared to previous years.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st   #13
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loburban View Post
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the vendor prices for the previous swap meets, and they were priced the same as this one.

There is a bit of a registration penalty for those that decide at the last minute to come, but that seems fair to me. Could you imagine the mess if everyone showed up the day of?
Old January 21st   #14
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

the way i look at it - if $10 is the difference in you trying to sell this year than last. Then your stuff probably isn't worth buying to begin with. The people I know all set up, bring a wide variety of swap meet stuff, and have a good time. 25? 35?, you can make 10 bucks up by selling a junk hub cap or air cleaner

Or you could just set up outside, sell coffee, and save your 10

Last edited by clintjohns; January 21st at 07:42 PM.
clintjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #15
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

and this is the same weekend as the talladega swap meet
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #16
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

nope i'm wrong talladega is the week after
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th   #17
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

NHRA Chassis Certification

Wayne Winningham, NHRA Chassis Inspector, will be here at the swap meet on Feb. 19 to certify chassis. If you need to get a new sticker, this would be a great time to do it or to find out what you may need to have updated before race season begins. We do need for you to make a reservation because time & space will be limited that day and we want to keep things moving as smoothly as possible. Please call Misty @ CBI 256-233-8602 to get on the list.
CBI PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th   #18
Samir
Samir
is in mourning
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI PERFORMANCE View Post
I added this to the event listing.
Old January 26th   #19
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Thanks!
Old February 3rd   #20
CBI PERFORMANCE
CBI PERFORMANCE
has no status.

Some things scheduled to be at swap meet

I have been trying to remember to ask people as they sign up this time to let us know some of the things you are planning on bringing that way we can tell others what to expect. Right now, off the top off my head, we have someone with an '80 Pro Street Firebird, Undercover Dragster, SBC 327, SBC 468 w/steel heads, wheels, bbc 565, Barry Grant carbs, drag slicks, crankshafts, pistons, impacts, grinders, Bellhousings- 64 Chevelle and 442 Olds, 9" Ford Moser housing, spool, differential, power rack & pinion. Jimmy's Bowtie Supply will also be here again with floor pans, gas tanks, weatherstripping, bumpers, trim pieces, etc.- You can check out their website or call them and they will bring it to the show to save you shipping I will try to update as I get more info. And we have about 8 spots left for the NHRA Certification if anybody is interested, call Misty to reserve your spot for certification or swap meet.