Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Closed Thread

Old July 21st   #1
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to JoshB187 Send a message via MSN to JoshB187 Send a message via Yahoo to JoshB187
Incase u didn't know

That was my car... I know some ppl out there know me, and im sure some ppl out there dont like me. lol well any ways i sold that car and im in the process of finding a 240sx or somthing rear wheel drive.

*edit* sorry for the crappy pic but its the only one i have with the rims i put on it bfor i sold it.

Last edited by JoshB187; July 21st at 01:26 AM.
Old July 21st   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I remember that car. That was one of the "three" that were made back in the late ninties. All three--black, blue, and yellow--are now changing hands like bad apples.

In the day, all 3 supposedly had Spoon engines and all the works done to them. They're pretty cars. Still very show worthy with some real time and care.
Old July 21st   #3
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to JoshB187 Send a message via MSN to JoshB187 Send a message via Yahoo to JoshB187
yeah back in the day before it changed hands a few times it had a green spoon grafic, and it had a spoon built motor
Old July 21st   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd love to get my hands one those 3 cars and put them back to their former glory.
Old July 21st   #5
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

i belive the guy who bought it from me has a sign on it now... ill ask and see if u want me to
Old July 21st   #6
JoshB187
JoshB187
has no status.

a few older pics
Old July 21st   #7
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Tha_Blue_Pill
Yeah the guy with the yellow one is Gary...he has a shop called MAXCHAMP motorsports...and i think he had the fastest one...he was going to rebuild it and come back out to dominate the streetracing scene once again, but he sold it to Shaun with the brown primer hatch, along with the "new secret motor" he's the one who did most of the work on those cars

That guy is a import Genius in my eyes...i dont think there is nothing that he dosent know about imports, or hasnt already done, or is doing! He does all the performance work on my car...
Hell his current daily driver is a s13 with a SR20 swap (done by himself), and he converted it to 5speed, and everything works, tach/speedo/ac/custom intercooler piping/custom 3'' exhaust/...all done by himself...
and its for sale...7K...all it needs is a boost controller and ...have fun!

but it was Gary, Opie and someone (pronounced "Soon"?)
but he talks about the old times all the time...
but he is planning on making a comeback
just with a diff car
Old July 21st   #8
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
yeah the car looks familular cause it used to be 2 doors down from me so I saw it everyday

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Old July 21st   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB187
i belive the guy who bought it from me has a sign on it now... ill ask and see if u want me to
Sure. I'd be interested just to know the price.
Old July 21st   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Blue_Pill
Yeah the guy with the yellow one is Gary...he has a shop called MAXCHAMP motorsports...and i think he had the fastest one...he was going to rebuild it and come back out to dominate the streetracing scene once again, but he sold it to Shaun with the brown primer hatch, along with the "new secret motor" he's the one who did most of the work on those cars

That guy is a import Genius in my eyes...i dont think there is nothing that he dosent know about imports, or hasnt already done, or is doing! He does all the performance work on my car...
Hell his current daily driver is a s13 with a SR20 swap (done by himself), and he converted it to 5speed, and everything works, tach/speedo/ac/custom intercooler piping/custom 3'' exhaust/...all done by himself...
and its for sale...7K...all it needs is a boost controller and ...have fun!

but it was Gary, Opie and someone (pronounced "Soon"?)
but he talks about the old times all the time...
but he is planning on making a comeback
just with a diff car
Yeah, I've heard of "Gary", but it could be a different Gary. I think he used to live nearby because I'd see the yellow car drive by my house regularly. I believe someone in UAS owns the black one now. It'd be nice to have enough cash to buy all 3 and get them back to Gary for the purpose of restoring them back to their former setup.

Ahh, the old days. I hear some really neat stories about those days, and I see some of the old school guys still around like Opie, Gary, and Jim. They still seem to love what they're doing.

I'll have to check out Gary's shop at some point. Let him know about the site and have him check out what's going on in the scene now.
Old July 21st   #11
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard of "Gary", but it could be a different Gary. I think he used to live nearby because I'd see the yellow car drive by my house regularly.
Yeah that's the same Gary, he told me that he lived down the street by you...and he's got all kinds of stories about the old days...opie and all them were still kids back then...Gary's a lil older than most think (dont tell him i said that, lol)
but we try and keep him posted on all thats going on...and he just laughs...because most of the "newer" guys doing performance work dont really understand how everything works together, and how to build a complete system to obtain maximum power...he went to school for engineering, and its just amazing what he knows...he may have a lot of criticizers, but as far as im concerned, he's the only one i know around here that can build a 400+ integra, build probably the fastest NA honda in the tennessee valley, builds his own custom turbo kits, all the way from custom intercooler piping to special ordering turbochargers to achieve whatever hp goal your trying to reach or where you want your powerband to be...
everytime i go to his shop i feel like a kid in a candy store...
Old July 21st   #12
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
I have pics of that blue one from back in the day when it looked nice. I remember those other guys as well. Doesnt seem like its been that long, maybe 2-3 yrs at the most.
Old July 21st   #13
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
It has been longer than that.Me and my g\f have been together for 3 years and It was before me and her. It was back when i had my Lebaron, thats right i said lebaron.lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old July 21st   #14
DanielSC372
DanielSC372
has no status.

yup i remeber that munch its been at least 4 years maybe more an let me tell you the lebaron was a beast lol

Last edited by DanielSC372; July 21st at 03:30 PM.
Old July 21st   #15
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Hey the Lebaron was a beast. It was a 1986 four door 8v 2.2 liter turbo motor. I was pulling 15 pounds of boost, with a stage 3 computer from mopar performance, a custom cai, and it was tuned by the chrystler legend himself Mike Masters. And i still could not break out of the damn 10s lol. My fastest time was a 10.15. Oh yeah did i mention it was also and automatic. lol I sunk way to much money into that car, and still ran 10s how pathetic.lol but it is all good. i liked that car, now it is driving around madison by some old guy. After i blew the head gasket like 4 times.lmao
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Old July 22nd   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It has to have been more than 3 years ago--that's when I got in the scene.

And I'm a lot older than most people know too. But don't tell anybody.

Those Chryslers are pretty amazing when tuned right. Eddie Jory took me for one of my first autocross rides in a Horizon with 30 pounds of boost. The car looked funny like a little grey box, but would run 10s in the 1/4.
Old January 2nd   #17
1badsol
1badsol
has no status.
Hasn't Checked Email

the 3 honda's are back

Ok ok, well whoever "the blue pill" is...you sure do know allot about gary....enough to talk allot. Who could this mysterious person be? Even tho I do agree on everything you have said.

Even tho the yellow civic is lost, and the blue and black one have been wrecked, swapped, sold, mollested, whatever you want to say. The 3 will return. Just in time, just in other forms. The 3 are in the making as we speak. The old time cars will return.
Old January 2nd   #18
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badsol
Ok ok, well whoever "the blue pill" is...you sure do know allot about gary....enough to talk allot. Who could this mysterious person be? Even tho I do agree on everything you have said.

Even tho the yellow civic is lost, and the blue and black one have been wrecked, swapped, sold, mollested, whatever you want to say. The 3 will return. Just in time, just in other forms. The 3 are in the making as we speak. The old time cars will return.
I own a viper blue civic, the one with the lambo doors...and yeah i know only what Gary has told me, I have been hanging out with him for about a year...when he did some work on my car...and contrary to the belief...i havent had not one problem from my car...

But the yellow one like i said was sold to shaun, and i havent seen it since...but if he ever does get it done, or whoever finishes it...it will be a beast!!!!!...
but that's cool that they're coming back, can wait to see it,

and whom might u be "1 bad sol"?
Old January 2nd   #19
SLOBACK
SLOBACK
passing the torch to my girlfriend?!

well not to start an argument,but i met gary a long time ago...he was cool,but just a little shady.and just to let yall know the three kings were opie,jackie and "soon"...the black hatch has not swapped hands its a sleeping demon.and the other cars well havent exactly gone to the dogs even by todays standards.and the black hatch in uas was built by, richard. i dont know how you could forget about him when you speak of old school cars,do we dare forget about the red turbo monster 5th gen hatch?anyways with opie,richard,hell even arthur...still turning a wrench no one can be considered the best,no disrespct to gary but praise everyone who plays with tuner cars...besides im no import genius but anyone can build an all out street car,if you take your time and do it right my cars not perfect by far but i think its cool,chicks dig it,(my wife hates that),and no it cant outrun everything but it holds its own,no spoon racing engine,no v-tech just junk yard parts massaged together...to show you where the paint didnt cover good on my back bumper..... p.s. the only 400+hp teggie what about james's white hatch i think it did 403 on low boost and its still a b-series.im not trying to be an a-hole but,many others deserve respect,gary did help get the four-bangers a good racing foothold around here but at least thank the people who beat,banged, to help us grow from ricers to RACERS....
Old January 2nd   #20
Tha_Blue_Pill
Tha_Blue_Pill
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOBACK
well not to start an argument,but i met gary a long time ago...he was cool,but just a little shady.and just to let yall know the three kings were opie,jackie and "soon"...the black hatch has not swapped hands its a sleeping demon.and the other cars well havent exactly gone to the dogs even by todays standards.and the black hatch in uas was built by, richard. i dont know how you could forget about him when you speak of old school cars,do we dare forget about the red turbo monster 5th gen hatch?anyways with opie,richard,hell even arthur...still turning a wrench no one can be considered the best,no disrespct to gary but praise everyone who plays with tuner cars...besides im no import genius but anyone can build an all out street car,if you take your time and do it right my cars not perfect by far but i think its cool,chicks dig it,(my wife hates that),and no it cant outrun everything but it holds its own,no spoon racing engine,no v-tech just junk yard parts massaged together...to show you where the paint didnt cover good on my back bumper..... p.s. the only 400+hp teggie what about james's white hatch i think it did 403 on low boost and its still a b-series.im not trying to be an a-hole but,many others deserve respect,gary did help get the four-bangers a good racing foothold around here but at least thank the people who beat,banged, to help us grow from ricers to RACERS....
I feel you on that cuz... and no arguments...
and to Gary's defense...he prolly was a lil "shady" because he didnt know you, as Anybody would be if you didnt know them, he was the same way to me until i got to know him, plus all the flack that he catches from haters,...
Any to clarify the situation, Gary and the Yellow hatch was DEFINATELY one of the "3 kings" and it was in his shop where they did most of the work, you ever herd of team Rev Hard?...
I think you fail to realize how long gary has been doing this...opie, arthur, richard, were kids when Gary started playing with imports...we wont use "the best" but how about the "most experienced"
He's told me stories about how they use travel to b'ham, or tenn. and dominate the street racing scene, how they used to tune their cars before every race...
I also am no genius, and your right about anyone slapping parts on a car and making it fast, but what about building a complete setup, from the ground up, and making it reliable as well as fast...
I dont know James, but i have herd about his car, but i would definately like to see the dyno sheet on that 403 on low boost... didnt he lose to an f250 turbo not to long ago, or mayb that wasnt him...
And if he really is pushing that much, well just have to set sumthing up