Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Jack's Cruise-In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

April 1st to October 31st 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Jack's, 1225 Beltline Lane, Decatur, AL

There will be music and door prizes. Registration is free!

Old February 21st   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I believe this Jack's is located at 1225 Beltline Road, Decatur, Alabama. Next to or near Hyundai dealership. Not the intersection of 67 & 24. Thanks
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
I believe this Jack's is located at 1225 Beltline Road, Decatur, Alabama. Next to or near Hyundai dealership. Not the intersection of 67 & 24. Thanks
It's what I found on google maps, so that's why I put it there. I'll remove it.
Old February 22nd   #4
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Sometimes those internet maps are not correct!

What I understand is that the manager is doing this cruise-in, will be providing the music and door prizes.
Old February 22nd   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Sometimes those internet maps are not correct!
Especially on the addresses of new businesses like this one.
Quote:
What I understand is that the manager is doing this cruise-in, will be providing the music and door prizes.
The store managers don't have any more information than what's on the flyer. I had to confirm the months since it wasn't on the flyer. As I get time to look at the flyer in detail, I'll be working on getting more details if I see any missing information.
Old February 25th   #6
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I am not sure who is hosting or who is in charge, but if they do not get it worked out and someone steps up, this may be another cruise-in that sizzles. I have been contacted by several businesses and/or restaurants in the Decatur area over the years that want cruise-ins at their locations, but they are not willing to do the work. I help to get them started, and when I step aside no one continues, so the cruise-ins slowly disappears.

I will always be there for the Decatur Steak 'n Shake cruise-ins, which have been around for many years. The new host, Carl, is doing a great job. I look forward to another funfilled season at Steak 'n Shake with splended rides and great fellowship. Marsha
Old February 25th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I have been contacted by several businesses and/or restaurants in the Decatur area over the years that want cruise-ins at their locations, but they are not willing to do the work. I help to get them started, and when I step aside no one continues, so the cruise-ins slowly disappears.
Businesses want the benefits, but don't necessarily know how much work is involved. Plus, it takes an enthusiast to know how to do it right. And most restaurants don't have one on staff.

We'll see what happens. From what I gather, this event is being organized by the same regional manager that does the one at the Jack's in Dodge City, so there is some experience on board.
Old March 13th   #8
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

Just posting a reminder. Thanks, Marsha
Old March 27th   #9
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

We had a small opportunity with the sun in and out from about 4 pm to 6:30 pm. So there has about 6 of us fools that came out, socialized and ate. Even with 6 rides, you still have others drive thru to look at the rides. Then the dark clouds rolled in and we all hit the roads quickly. Chip & I only live about 5 to 10 minutes, and we got some rain just 2 roads from home. So we are sure the rest most likely had some rain as well. But overall, it was fun!!!! Always, when we have our rides out and socializing. See you all at the cruise-ins, Marsha
1968 Ford Bronco Half Cab
and for fun:
2016 Polaris Slingshot
http://noalcarcalendar.mysite.com/
Old April 22nd   #10
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

anybody going to this sat nite??????? is it still on??
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just got off the phone with Melissa at Jack's, and it's always on unless it's raining.
Old April 22nd   #12
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

thank you sir..you are a fine young man
Old April 22nd   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Anytime!
Old April 23rd   #14
BobH
BobH
has no status.

Young Man

B. A. King With out a doubt Simir is a great guy but I do see some gray in that head of hair. So you may have to define YOUNG. LOL !
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd   #15
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

compared to me, he is a fine young man.and some day when i grow up i would like to be like him
Old April 23rd   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
B. A. King With out a doubt Simir is a great guy but I do see some gray in that head of hair. So you may have to define YOUNG. LOL !
That's what I was thinking, lol. But I've had grey since I was 14, so maybe that doesn't count. And I feel like I'm still in my 20s aside from the aches and pains, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
compared to me, he is a fine young man.and some day when i grow up i would like to be like him
lol, neither one of us are going to grow, and that's fine by me. My parents think otherwise though, lol.
Old April 24th   #17
BobH
BobH
has no status.

Growing up

Well guys I wear a shirt that tells it all.
( Growing old is Mandatory but Growing up is Optional )

Last edited by BobH; April 24th at 07:36 AM.
Old April 24th   #18
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

see if i can remember this" growing up means getting older,getting older means get closer to death,and death ain't looking to good right now"
Old April 24th   #19
BobH
BobH
has no status.

Death! not for me

Well I look at it like this, age is only a number and mine is 70 in two days. But it's being thankfull for good health, good family, and good friends is what really counts. Death is always there to a realist but never dwelled on. So the things that count in life to me are what make you looking forward to the next day. This great car hobby is one of many that do that for me. B. A. I hope to catch you at a show down the road so we can further this conversation.
Old April 24th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And you never know when death can come to you. Yesterday I had what I thought was a heart attack--pain in my left shoulder and arm, vomiting, shortness of breath, and I almost passed out.

After I threw up, a lot of the symptoms went away, so I'm just assuming it was something that I ate that my body was not liking. But it was pretty scary! It would've sucked to die before the big Fast Five event this weekend, lol.