Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 7th   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Fast Five

Ok so I know this is considered the "rice" of all movies but don't act like everyone is not going to see this opening night. lol Usually the theathers have cars parked out as a "show and shine" for others to look through and get excited about the movie I guess. I haven't heard anything this year about it but I'm sure it's going on anyway. Anyone cruising the nice whips out that night. My homegirl in her Z, my boy in his Evo and me in my Z are rolling out that night to see it from the Moore's Mill area. (unless we go to dinner in town) Just seeing who all might be up there that night.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #2
ray
ray

I was approached (indirectly) by a guy in a black 350z last night about showing my Evo at a Fast Five premiere or something.

Dunno if it was you maybe....? Haha, anyways, if it's not you...and the guy gets a hold of me, I'll be sure to post it up here.

Last edited by ray; April 7th at 04:31 PM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #3
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

I'll be there. I like the movies to see all the cars in them.
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
I was approached (indirectly) by a guy in a black 350z last night about showing my Evo at a Fast Five premiere or something.

Dunno if it was you maybe....? Haha, anyways, if it's not you...and the guy gets a hold of me, I'll be sure to post it up here.

Sweet dude and no it wasn't me lol

Old April 7th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

So, I'm going to post an official announcement of this once I get a chance, but Huntsville Car Scene.com, Rave Motion Pictures, Bar 109, WTAK, PAMA Agency, and Baymont Inn and Suites are going to have the biggest FNF premiere event EVER.

We will be featuring three cars that were actually in the movie, and I'm working on more. A model friend of mine who is actually in one of the the current TV trailers will also be coming. And we'll also have an FNF-themed afterparty at Bar 109. And this will be for both Friday and Saturday nights.

For those of you that remember the FNF3 premiere event that HCS did back in 2006, this is poised to blow it out of the water. Stay tuned for details.

Last edited by Samir; April 7th at 08:10 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I still wish this was going to be at the monaco..........o well.

I'll be lurking somewhere.

Last edited by EvilZ; April 8th at 07:10 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
What Samir said.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #8
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I agree with EvilZ. This needs to be at the Monaco. Y'all need to have a roped off section away from the front for more nice cars to park and be scopd out. That way the 3 or few more cars are really focused on but others get to be seen. And for those that want to look can.

Old April 8th   #9
Beckham
Beckham

LOTS of reasons why it is NOT at the Monaco, but I don't think we can discuss them in this thread.

Rave is opening their new IMAX theater that same weekend. Just another plus to doing this at Rave!

Old April 8th   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I agree with EvilZ. This needs to be at the Monaco. Y'all need to have a roped off section away from the front for more nice cars to park and be scopd out. That way the 3 or few more cars are really focused on but others get to be seen. And for those that want to look can.
Well the reason I liked the event at the Monaco better was the fact that only feature cars were displayed. I'm not trying to be "that guy" but o well..........having a bunch of flishy flashy primer cars all over the place just isn't appealing to a lot of people, espically non car people (I think this was done for the F&F 3 at rave if memory serves). I'm not saying to don't have a show and shine or something like that over to the side but just go for quantity over quality.

If you can carry that same feel to the Rave I'm all for it.

Last edited by EvilZ; April 8th at 09:51 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #11
Beckham
Beckham

We aren't having a "showe and shine", car show (traditional car show), etc.

Last edited by Beckham; April 8th at 09:56 AM.
Old April 8th   #12
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
We aren't having a "showe and shine", car show (traditional car show), etc.
Good.
Old April 8th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I still wish this was going to be at the monaco..........o well.

I'll be lurking somewhere.
Quote:
Monaco was not interested as they never even returned phone calls, emails, or even came to talk to me in person as I stood waiting for almost 30 minutes. To be frank, Angela was the only reason I wanted to work with them again. She was great to work with. Ask me in person what the experience is like working with Bridge Street. I'll leave it at that.

Rave on the other hand, was a true pleasure to work with on FNF3, and they were actually working on contacting me for Fast5. They will be launching an IMAX screen with this movie as the premiere, so they were looking for a strong promo. And they were just as excited to work with us as we were with them. Things fell into place, and I couldn't be happier to return to Rave.

The Rave location gives us much more room and flexibility for what I want to create. Because of the insight from first hand accounts of the filming that took place north of Atlanta, and the accessibility of the cars or very close duplicates, I want to attempt to re-create the atmosphere of the set. So the music, the girls, the cars, and the stories of the set experiences from those who were there, all connecting with the public on the night of the movie. I think it will be better than any DVD bonus material.

And I wanted to take it to the next level with a party that allowed everyone to be a FNF character for one night. Walk around saying things like, "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" and "I don't feel arrested", lol. And dancing to the music that has inspired, shaped, and become a staple in this series. And be sure to hang on to those HCS passout slips--everyone with one gets into the party for free.

For FNF3, we did this for one day only, but this time, every partner is willing to go two nights. I still remember the almost thousand people hovering around the cars at Rave at the last one. I think the head count at the end of the Fast5 weekend will be at least double that, if not much more.

Opportunities to do things like this comes very rarely. I know a lot of the 'picture cars'--cars that will be seen alongside the star cars and stars--are in Atlanta. I just have to get them here and we'll have the full car cast. Throw in 20 talented girls from Pama casted as the extras, and you have created a good part of the set atmosphere. Couple that with a live radio remote and an afterparty, and this will be something you won't find outside of Hollywood.

Last edited by Samir; April 8th at 10:54 AM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th   #14
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I like the sound of that Samir! And EvilZ I'm with you on primer car thing. Should be by invite only but that's there is no show and shine at all.

Old April 8th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Well the reason I liked the event at the Monaco better was the fact that only feature cars were displayed. I'm not trying to be "that guy" but o well..........having a bunch of flishy flashy primer cars all over the place just isn't appealing to a lot of people, espically non car people (I think this was done for the F&F 3 at rave if memory serves). I'm not saying to don't have a show and shine or something like that over to the side but just go for quantity over quality.

If you can carry that same feel to the Rave I'm all for it.
I'm right there with you. As far as what you remember at Rave, that was for FNF4, and that was NOT me. I cannot stress that enough. I even had to deal with this issue when talking with Rave. Rave was not too happy with that event.

This will be something for car enthusiasts, by a car enthusiast. And with the first hand accounts from the set, I will attempt to bring in the realism of the actual set. I have some further ideas for this that I'm working on. If this event doesn't get my blood pumping, I wouldn't expect it to get yours either. And I want everyone to be floored by this in a big way.
Old April 8th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I like the sound of that Samir! And EvilZ I'm with you on primer car thing. Should be by invite only but that's there is no show and shine at all.
And speaking of invite. If your car is done by then and still sits like it did in your intro thread with the lip and stock colored wheels, I want you! There was a black 350z with a large front mount intercooler as a picture car, but I don't know of one in Huntsville. I'm going to be working on getting in touch with the real one if I can find it, but there's never a guarantee they'll come all the way out here.
Old April 10th   #17
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I'm right there with you. As far as what you remember at Rave, that was for FNF4, and that was NOT me. I cannot stress that enough. I even had to deal with this issue when talking with Rave. Rave was not too happy with that event.

This will be something for car enthusiasts, by a car enthusiast. And with the first hand accounts from the set, I will attempt to bring in the realism of the actual set. I have some further ideas for this that I'm working on. If this event doesn't get my blood pumping, I wouldn't expect it to get yours either. And I want everyone to be floored by this in a big way.
It was one of the guys with Sound on Wheels that put that together. We were invited, showed up, had a bad taste in our mouths about the whole situation when we left too...hence the reason I wont do anything like it again.
Old April 11th   #18
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75 View Post
It was one of the guys with Sound on Wheels that put that together. We were invited, showed up, had a bad taste in our mouths about the whole situation when we left too...hence the reason I wont do anything like it again.
Yeah, a couple of the guys who used to work here at SOW set it up. I was talking with Grant (store manager) about it on Saturday.

Old April 11th   #19
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I just wish they would get away from the retardedly unbelievable stuff. Other than that the movies are decent I guess.

The even sounds like it will be pretty decent also, being that everything falls into place.
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #20
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Sorry for that double post!lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride