Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 15th   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Workouts, supplements etc.

Anyone on any particular supplement or workout cycle right now?

I currently am trying out the Beastrol, with Omega Shred and Intek protein supplements. One week of it all so far and it's crazy awesome! I'm personally a bit on the overweight side. ("a bit" haha) but I'm taking these supplements in a 4-6 week cycle for bulking with about a 2500 calorie diet and lots of water then followed by a 4-6 week cutting cycle. Hope it works out well!

What are yall doing or trying out?

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #2
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Eat right, Workout hard
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #3
koreangrits
koreangrits
work, run, eat, sleep, run, and run

I take Atro Phex. It has lots of caffeine, that way i don't have to drink diet coke all day to stay awake. The week days I work out before breakfast for 2hrs and after work for 2hrs, and on the weekends i run the mountain one day and the other day i run sprints (a ton of cardio). My trainer said it is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do. He also said whatever you want to weigh, put a zero next to it and that is how many calories to eat a day Ex. i want to weigh 120lbs, so i eat around 1200 calories a day. lots of water is very important i hope this helps!
Old April 15th   #4
ray
ray

I just mix in weight training and draw some P90x routines and exercises into my workout.

I have taken the Intek Protein and they are awesome! They mix better than anything I've ever come across and they taste pretty good. (You can get it online a little cheaper than you can at Complete Nutrition)

I've used a couple different products from Complete Nutrition. A mass gainer called Morph and also their recovery supplement, Rezzerect (awesome taste and great product). But now I've been using the BSN supplements Cellmas and N.O. Explode. Good stuff as well and a good bit cheaper!
Old April 15th   #5
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cryer View Post
Eat right, Workout hard
Amen and this worked out great for me last year. Lost 40lbs but didn't gain much muscle and tone like I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreangrits View Post
I take Atro Phex. It has lots of caffeine, that way i don't have to drink diet coke all day to stay awake. The week days I work out before breakfast for 2hrs and after work for 2hrs, and on the weekends i run the mountain one day and the other day i run sprints (a ton of cardio). My trainer said it is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do. He also said whatever you want to weigh, put a zero next to it and that is how many calories to eat a day Ex. i want to weigh 120lbs, so i eat around 1200 calories a day. lots of water is very important i hope this helps!
I'm going to have to look into that "put a 0" thing on it. I like that. Water is HUGE. Cutting out sodas, tea and that stuff is a big help. All that running and working out you do, you must be in great shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
I just mix in weight training and draw some P90x routines and exercises into my workout.

I have taken the Intek Protein and they are awesome! They mix better than anything I've ever come across and they taste pretty good. (You can get it online a little cheaper than you can at Complete Nutrition)

I've used a couple different products from Complete Nutrition. A mass gainer called Morph and also their recovery supplement, Rezzerect (awesome taste and great product). But now I've been using the BSN supplements Cellmas and N.O. Explode. Good stuff as well and a good bit cheaper!

That P90 stuff is pretty crazy and works really well from my friends I've seen do it. Dude the cookies n cream Intek protein is by far the best I've used and got a bunch on the day after thanksgiving sale along with the omega shred.

Right now I'm trying to build size and strength so I really need about 2500 calories a day. However, I did this once and put muscle on but a lot of fat too. So now I'm trying to eat a bit better with less calories but protiens that will help build muscle.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th   #6
koreangrits
koreangrits

I could be in better shape. the only reason i work out so much is cause i like eating food lol. but I AM NOT FAT! I fit the asian stereotype pretty well... minus the being tan and having a bobb. But yes, please do look into the adding a zero thing.
Old April 15th   #7
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
That P90 stuff is pretty crazy and works really well from my friends I've seen do it. Dude the cookies n cream Intek protein is by far the best I've used and got a bunch on the day after thanksgiving sale along with the omega shred.

Right now I'm trying to build size and strength so I really need about 2500 calories a day. However, I did this once and put muscle on but a lot of fat too. So now I'm trying to eat a bit better with less calories but protiens that will help build muscle.
I tried a few weight/mass gainers and so far I'm impressed by this one (I'm nearly done with the 10lbs BAG, lol) http://www.optimumnutrition.com/prod...ner-p-207.html

You can find it decently priced online, and the cool thing is the variety of sizes it comes in. I got the 10lb bag because my metabolism is ridiculous and needs double/triple the serving per day of that stuff. But I've gained about 10lbs myself of mass/lean muscle. Not fat. And my friend who suggested it gained around 10-15 himself.
Old April 15th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Ahhh...to be young again. I can't down 7000 calories a day like I used to anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreangrits View Post
My trainer said it is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do.
This must be true because I drink only water, eat foods with a strict restriction on protein to fat ratios, sodium, cholesterol, and sugar, and I sit in front of a computer screen for 12hrs a day. My workout consists of walking around on weekends at events for 12-20hrs taking photos. During the week, I probably don't walk 100ft in a day if I'm at home all day, which is most of the time. Heck, I don't even see the sun for days if I'm just inside working all day.

And since I've restricted my sugar intake due to diabetes, I've lost 30lbs and am around the same size I was in high school. When I have a chance to exercise in my parents pool, I get toned pretty quickly. Not bad for someone my age.
Old April 15th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

MugenRios2k has gotten RIPPED after not working out for 3yrs. He showed me some pictures of the changes tonight at the driving school and it's awesome.
Old April 16th   #10
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I just run haha.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

anything that makes you feel or be better than you would feel naturally is called a "drug " .. feel good naturally ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #12
skibumWRX
skibumWRX
misses Samir

Since I'm Asian food doesn't matter to me, but when I first started working out I've been doing just Whey protein and mixing cardio and weights. I was losing to much weight instead of gaining it due to the cardio. I went from 200 to 173. Now I've been mixing Creatine (GNC amplified Creatine 189, u just take 2 capsules during that workout day) and Whey Protein. Workout doing super sets focusing on Monday and Thursdays (Chest, triceps, and legs), Tuesday and Fridays (back and biceps) with a little core mixed in after the workout. I don't do any cardio and i'm back up to 193 with the gain in muscle mass. But for muscle mass creatine and protein is the way to go.
skibumWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #13
YgoSlow
YgoSlow
I'd rather be driving.

I've used Jack3d recently and a lot of people when I was deployed are using this stuff. It gave me some tingles just like it says on their website. http://www.jack-3d.com/side-effectsThe guys I work with are constantly reading and trying out different supplements. Since they've found this one they haven't changed. I was always a all natural type of guy but like I said, I've used it and it worked. Now I need to get back in the gym and on the track. Latter.
Old April 18th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
I just run haha.
Same here I've gone to a very very basic routine now that i have limited time.

I run between 3-5 miles a day. I do 2 days of speed work and do push ups and ab work every other day. It's working like a charm for me but I have no real desire to get huge I just want to keep from gaining any weight and stay fit.

Last edited by EvilZ; April 18th at 07:59 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #15
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Same here I've gone to a very very basic routine now that i have limited time.

I run between 3-5 miles a day. I do 2 days of speed work and do push ups and ab work every other day. It's working like a charm for me but I have no real desire to get huge I just want to keep from gaining any weight and stay fit.
I've been running anywhere between 5-8miles per day @ 6:30-7:30 pace depending on the day. I'm starting to throw in one hill workout per week as well.

Old April 18th   #16
koreangrits
koreangrits

g-wiz, cardio intervals make you drop weight so fast!
Old April 18th   #17
Beckham
Beckham

I've weighed the same since my junior year in HS. (7 years ago?) I don't lose or gain weight whether I'm running or not. (took over a year off from any exercise)

Last edited by Beckham; April 18th at 11:57 AM.
Old April 18th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wait until your metabolism slows down.

I could eat 5000-7000 calories every day not caring if it was fatty or not until my early 20s. Then I started watching things as I entered the 20s. After the late 20s, things really hit hard, and I had gained a lot of weight. Discovering I had diabetes was a wake up call that I had to really get strict on myself. I lost 30lbs and am now in the best shape I've been in a decade.
Old April 18th   #19
lilhotrod96
lilhotrod96
prefers going to the gym

What you eat and cardio are ESSENTIAL but I LOVE weights
lilhotrod96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #20
koreangrits
koreangrits

I need to love weights... but cardio has my heart Eating is way important. "You are what you eat" is such a true statement!