Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Arby's "Late Model" Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
JayMack75  
May 21st to August 1st 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Arby's Restaurant, 30 Shields Road, Huntsville, AL

Come check out the Arby's "Late Model" Car Show.

Locally, the show scene is dominated by antique and classic vehicle targeted shows. Well, we're putting on a show for late model, tuner, and custom built vehicles only!

The first show will be a top 10 and best of show, but we will add specified classes for the remainder of the year based off of the vehicles that attend. If you have any suggestions for a class, please feel free to e-mail us at info@showstopperz.net.

The show will be from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on the third Saturday of each month from May until August. There will be a $10 registration fee. Also, there will not be any oldies music AT ALL played for the duration of the show!

There will also be a 50/50 drawing to benefit Team Lilie, This is to support Lilie Irene Brewer. Lilie is the daughter of Chris "Lucky" Brewer & Julie Brewer. Lilie is an infant that suffers from 2 congenital heart defects: ASD (atrial septal defect) and VSD (ventricular septal defect). Lilie will require open heart surgery as soon as the Doctors say she's physically able to undergo the operation in the next few weeks.

Old May 19th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old May 24th   #3
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Coverage is up on www.showstopperz.net! Thanks to everyone that came out to make this a GREAT first show. We had just under 20 people registered and a couple of more that came and just parked. They should have registered because they were considered for awards until it was realized they weren't registered!

This show will repeat on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 6-9 and its for late model or customized vehicles only. I can't tell you how many people came up to tell me how much fun they had and how much they looked forward to the show because it was ONLY for later model vehicles. We had some GOOD music played too...no oldies here! Come check it out next month, you'll have a great time!
Old May 24th   #4
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75 View Post
This show will repeat on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 6-9 and its for late model or customized vehicles only. I can't tell you how many people came up to tell me how much fun they had and how much they looked forward to the show because it was ONLY for later model vehicles. We had some GOOD music played too...no oldies here! Come check it out next month, you'll have a great time!
So much good out of this show. Only problem I saw that I will state was the possiblity of a lack of parking. My other issues I will keep to myself. (No has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't win anything either lol) It was a great little show. Good updated music, young people, new cars, the owner of Arbys was a sweet heart, it's not in the heat of the day and a great location. Most of all no OLD CRAP! Guys with newer cars and modified new cars need to support this show!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th   #5
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

Fun time at that show and the parking could be a bit more roomy. If the owner doesn't mind jay, have all the vehicles that are not ride height challenged park on the front grass strip were the orange burban was but lay down a 2x4 to help get them over the curb. Because I watched him push his tires all the way to the rim getting over it. and I do not want to ding 24 inch rims or bust belts in a 400 dollar tire trying to.that would open the parking lot up more.
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

i suggested this several years ago on this site and was much maligned by some members on here ..it`s a good thing you late model guys can have your on event without " OLD CRAP " and what you call " GOOD MUSIC "
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Yes it is very nice

Old May 25th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW1 View Post
i suggested this several years ago on this site and was much maligned by some members on here ..it`s a good thing you late model guys can have your on event without " OLD CRAP " and what you call " GOOD MUSIC "
But you suggested it when the youngens were too young to do anything about it, lol. Now that they're old, they have made a newer event and think they're still young. You should see what the youngest generation says about them, lol.

There's four generations of enthusiasts now in the car scene in Huntsville. And each one can see the older generation as 'old crap', or as the historical reflection on where their own enthusiasm came from. And the cycle of life continues.

The next generation is just now being born or growing. And they'll read this a few years from now and wonder what all the old people were all fussing about, lol.
Old May 26th   #9
aminga
aminga
has no status.

Send a message via MSN to aminga
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
So much good out of this show. Only problem I saw that I will state was the possiblity of a lack of parking. My other issues I will keep to myself. (No has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't win anything either lol) It was a great little show. Good updated music, young people, new cars, the owner of Arbys was a sweet heart, it's not in the heat of the day and a great location. Most of all no OLD CRAP! Guys with newer cars and modified new cars need to support this show!
And that is why the "Late model" community will never be respected by the older guys.

They have no respect for their roots.
Old May 26th   #10
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

everybody has there on taste and style. there are so many shows going on it does not matter if one is for late model or old ,all ford,all chevy or vw. just go and enjoy what ever your taste is. i dont think of my cars and trucks as old crap.
twisted metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th   #11
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminga View Post
And that is why the "Late model" community will never be respected by the older guys.

Well firstly i used crap out of context and should have used stuff. I admire a fine car of any year make or model but do have my own style. I called the 69 Camaro that won best in show at Hooters and he deserved it. Old school guys will never respect new cars whether my comment was made or not. They gave new car guys the chip we have now. I got to shows and meets all across the southeast and only here do our cars get the cold shoulder. There is a "hate" for old school and muscle because if one shows up to a show in decent shape... it'll be picked over a Siiiiick new car because its old. I have never had an older guy come tell how nice my car is but hear it it from my age ppl all the time. I admired many old cars personally but beach boys etc gets old and so do some of the 57 bel airs.

Old May 26th   #12
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

i get where you coming from, i am personally not in it for the trophy , i like hanging out talkin and meeting new people. no matter what they drive or how much money they spend on their cars. i love the older cars thats just me. i have learned that there are jerks in every type of car new and old,and i have talked to a alot of cool people that drive both. i dont care who parks beside me or what your driving as long as your a cool car guy.i will be at point mallard this weekend in my black 52 chevy stepside come on out and hangout.
Old May 26th   #13
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

I have had every kind of year, makes, and models that appear at any show been called every thing from a mexican to the most resent as "drug dealer"LOL!! and those names I have overheard were spectators walking buy. I like the artwork,craftsmanship,of any thing I love looking at what others have done and maybe get ideas for my on late model "CRAP" or provide ideas from what I have done to others.never really figured out what the chip on the shoulder is really exists.I have met some really cool people at any show made friends. I don't sit in a chair behind my "drug dealers pickup" and cast stones at anyones car,truck,crap or ETC. I guess that's the reason I'm well liked buy mostly everyone at any show. Its not a RESPECT issue its just another form of prejudice. but it just relates to taste of vehicles and someone hating it for what it is.there is my .002 cents worth.yall have fun!!!!
Old May 26th   #14
twisted metal
twisted metal
rust is a color.

your right that is half the fun ,hearing the specators explaine to there buddys what your truck is or why you did something that way. good 2 cents worth..............
Old May 26th   #15
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I see "crap" is going to be the new fun word lol.

Old May 26th   #16
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

it beats the crap out of the F word
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminga View Post

Very good point, but it works both ways, and in all genres. Personally, I think 'respect' is too strong of a word. I think 'appreciate' fits the bill better. If you can appreciate something for what it is, and not for what it is not, that's enough. Hence my signature.

New doesn't appreciate old, old doesn't appreciate new, domestics don't appreciate imports, imports don't appreciate domestics, Mustangs and Corvettes, Chevy vs Ford, and on and on. This doesn't get us anywhere.

People are so hesitant to step back and see where their prejudices are coming from. We are all cut from the same stone. We all have a passion about something that the general public doesn't understand, and that should be the thing that unites us, not divides us.

I recognized this a decade ago and created a site where we all can be united in our common passion. It's why we're having this discussion in the first place. Most sites don't have the mixed demographics of HCS, and I'm glad to see it. These discussions are what can change the face of the scene through unity and make it more fun for all of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted metal View Post
everybody has there on taste and style. just go and enjoy what ever your taste is. i dont think of my cars and trucks as old crap.
Right on. And in my opinion, this is what the 'true' enthusiast has for his/her mindset. A younger enthusiast I know put it best, "I don't care if it's a beat up Accord or a new Lamborghini--if it makes you happy, it makes me happy."
Quote:
Old school guys will never respect new cars whether my comment was made or not. They gave new car guys the chip we have now. I have never had an older guy come tell how nice my car is but hear it it from my age ppl all the time. I admired many old cars personally but beach boys etc gets old and so do some of the 57 bel airs.
If you have the mindset that they never will respect new cars, then that will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Do you thinking returning the animosity you feel will change things? I don't--I believe that's just fuel for the fire.

Every 'old car' guy drives a newer car, so there's already a foundation for appreciation. If they only liked the older cars, they would have fleet of them and use them for daily drivers and show cars. A fact to keep in mind.

The car show scene here is primarily driven by the older crowd. They outnumber the younger crowd over 10 to 1. It's why you see 600+ guest on each day here on HCS. Most of them don't register and post because of the technology barrier. Visiting the web site is hard enough.

But all this is just demographics that's not going to change substantially overnight, if ever. Huntsville isn't exactly a perfect place to live for singles. Actually, I'm being too nice--Huntsville sucks if you're young and single.
Quote:
I see "crap" is going to be the new fun word lol.
No, it's not. I see this discussion as useful as it brings forth a lot of ideas, but the drama isn't 'fun'. It's not really how I would've liked to see a discussion like this start, where a young enthusiast basically insulted every generation of enthusiast before him.

Last edited by Samir; May 26th at 12:45 PM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONW1 View Post
it beats the crap out of the F word
You mean Ford? I keed! I keed!
Old May 26th   #19
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

I don't mind having my stuff called what ever. I usually refer to mine as junk anyway. Like if someone asked me "hey will u gona make the show" 95 percent of the time I reply with "if I can get my junk cleaned up in time"LOL.the only way to make it bad is to put TRUE HATE behind it then it can offend someone.that's the way I look at it.
Old May 26th   #20
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Well the word crap i used out of context knowing what I meant and it was taken and understandibly so. Got to be careful how words are said cause they can be taken many ways. I think Willy understands and i really didn't mean to offend anyone. I just wish there was more of a mature younger seen so we could have more say in the scene and not always just cater to the older crowd.

Now the talk of "hate" between cars goes back to the saying... one bad apple... a few guys are jerks with imports, stangs, vettes, classics etc. That an individual acts out.