Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old May 28th   #1
Minichado
Minichado
could use a mental health day

Dirt 2: Dirt 3

So, I saw the other day that Dirt 3 was coming out (maybe it was tuesday) and you got a free copy of dirt 2 if you pre-ordered it. So I bought them both and have been playing for the week. AMAZING RALLY SIM!

Playing with a mouse and keyboard is fun, but I'm super tempted to get a USB steering wheel/pedal/shifter setup for the computer. If you haven't played this game it is freaking awesome. The second version of the game has some STI's, evo's, and some other fun cars, and really good simulation for automatic, sequential, or manual gearbox's. The physics is really good on the second one and for the third one its even better. I can't explain fully how awesome it is, but if you check out this guys setup you'll see a) what I'm shooting for and b) how realistic it is.

linky

It runs incredibly well on my laptop, I'm going to be excited if I can ever get insurance $$ to rebuild my desktop ^.^
Minichado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

WOW. I'd love for the rallycross guys to drive that setup. It's amazing how far video games have come. They're better than the commercial simulators of just 10 years ago.
Old May 29th   #3
Minichado
Minichado

I can get a decent setup for $100 and the top end setup for around $300. I can justify it to my wife as being cheaper then a new car

And I'm stoked about hooking it up to the tv, the in cockpit view is phenomenal as well.
Old May 31st   #4
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

I really want to set up a "cockpit" like that one, just no money or space to do it. Our home PC is a pretty nice XPS and would finally get to stretch its legs with something like that.

Also- Minichado, I cannot remember your real name for the life of me, I see you nearly every morning when we are both heading to work right before you come into Elkton. I have the white Mustang. Anyways, I'll have to hit the siren in my SRT4 to make sure you're awake tomorrow morning if I see you haha.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st   #5
Minichado
Minichado

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh09 View Post
I really want to set up a "cockpit" like that one, just no money or space to do it. Our home PC is a pretty nice XPS and would finally get to stretch its legs with something like that.

Also- Minichado, I cannot remember your real name for the life of me, I see you nearly every morning when we are both heading to work right before you come into Elkton. I have the white Mustang. Anyways, I'll have to hit the siren in my SRT4 to make sure you're awake tomorrow morning if I see you haha.
LOL you might also notice the immense amount of restraint on my face as I painfully cruise through at 45 in 4th gear.. I'm nice to that town.. if you ever pass me on the north side of town I might be blurry

It's David, by the way.. I'm working on your name.. Sam maybe?
Old May 31st   #6
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minichado View Post
LOL you might also notice the immense amount of restraint on my face as I painfully cruise through at 45 in 4th gear.. I'm nice to that town.. if you ever pass me on the north side of town I might be blurry

It's David, by the way.. I'm working on your name.. Sam maybe?
David! There we go, I was trying to figure out if it was David or Jason. I'm not sure where I got Jason from lol. But yes, Sam.

Elkton used to be a LOT worse about tickets if you can imagine. They thought it'd be a good idea to buy a Charger when they first came out for the PD and wrote about a million tickets to pay for it but couldn't keep so it had to go haha.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I hope they're friendly to the Power Tour...it passes right through Elkton--if that's Elkton, TN. You never know in the south! Every state has a city by the same city names, lol.
Old June 1st   #8
Minichado
Minichado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I hope they're friendly to the Power Tour...it passes right through Elkton--if that's Elkton, TN. You never know in the south! Every state has a city by the same city names, lol.
yes, Elkton TN. LOL at their loss of a charger. Im surprised they couldn't pay for it considering they are out hunting alot...