Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 13th   #1
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Amazing weekend in motorsports

So, who watched the 24 hour of Le Mans, the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Canada, WRC in Argentina, or the MotoGP at Silverstone this past weekend?

Every single race was AMAZING to watch. One of the best solid weekends of amazing racing I've seen in awhile.

The Emotion from the Audi team winning Le Mans after the 2 insane crashes 2 of their P1 cars suffered and pulling it out over the very strong peugeot team. Team Corvette continuing their dominance, and Nissan taking 1st and 2nd in P2.

Sebastian Loeb taking a 1 minute penalty and coming back to win the rally and absolutely dominating the power stage.

Casey Stoner showing his dominance this season once again at silverstone, and Colin Edwards taking 3rd riding with a broken collar bone.

And the absolute drama of the Canadian GP...Jenson Button pitting 7 (maybe 8?) times and still taking 1st place from Sebastian Vettel on the final lap after surging from LAST PLACE. I was happy to see MSC make a charge before something going wrong with his car, it was nice to see the old magic of MSC on the wet once again.

The Continental Sports Car Series was at Watkins Glen this past weekend also, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, plan on doing that later today
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I caught part of the Canadian GP, and it was crazy amazing racing. Schmacher holding onto 3rd until right before the end, and the pole changing right before the checked flag. And the water on the track and watching f1 cars sideways in and out of corners was unreal.
Old June 13th   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I watched a couple of hours of the LeMans race. That was a fun race to watch.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #4
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

The Audi crashes were scary! It's amazing no one got hurt.. They need to make all the gt cars run yellow headlights and the prototypes run the white lights to help them distinguish who is creeping up on them. Just my .02

Last edited by cheesepuff; June 13th at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Those prototypes just come up so quickly. One second you look back there and it's clear--the next second, they're coming on your inside.

We saw a light collision in practice at Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta, and the prototype just came out of nowhere even for us spectators right there in the corner. Luckily, the Corvette driver saw him at the last second and only broke some expensive carbon fibre, which still sounded like a gunshot.
Old June 13th   #6
cLc
cLc
is fighting the man~!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to cLc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesepuff View Post
The Audi crashes were scary! It's amazing no one got hurt.. They need to make all the gt cars run yellow headlights and the prototypes run the white lights to help them distinguish who is creeping up on them. Just my .02
Well you can't really do that, they mandate the yellow lights because of reduced glare and to not blind other drivers by the reflections in the mirrors. When prototype cars are coming up they always flash their lights to the GT cars, to get their attention and let them know they are coming, but still, they are FLYING. That's part of the drama of multi-class racing though!

It was one of the best Le Mans in the last couple of years IMO.

The Canadian GP was just absolutely amazing, best race of the year thus far!
cLc is offline   Reply With Quote