Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Import Alliance
Calendar: Events Calendar
JoshB
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

July 16th to July 17th 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Nashville Super Speedway

This is from http://www.importalliance.org/

"ImportAlliance Summer Meet ’11

ImportAlliance 2011 will occur the weekend of July 16, 2011. Join us at the Nashville Super Speedway for the 2011 edition of the ImportAlliance Summer Meet. We’ve already started planning this year’s events and activities. Saturday will feature the slides, sounds, spins, and smells of the IA Drift Session. This years Drifting event is sponsored by NOS Energy Drink, and they are helping us to make the drifting even more exciting for participants. On Sunday, The ImportAlliance High Performance Driving Experience will give meet attendees another opportunity to drive their cars at the limit on the Superspeedway’s road course. Participation in both of these events last year was great and we are sure that this year will be even better.

Feedback from you, the people who make this meet special, indicate that this year’s meet will be epic. The hot cars will be epic. The number of people in hot cars will be epic. The weekend will be epic. Visit this site often for updates on programming for the Summer Meet. We’ll be looking for your ideas and feedback as we plan this years meet."

From the facebook link:

"Time
Friday, July 15 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Created By
Ethan Hamilton
More Info
I figured i would go ahead and start up a caravan for the summer IA meet in Nashville Tenn. Last year we had a amazing turn out from what i had heard we had the 2nd biggest caravan!!!! The midwest caravan beat us by about 10 cars, last year i had counted 47 cars! i would like to have about 60 this year. So please invite all your friends! The time isent official just yet but i figured 1p.m. would be the best for friday because most check in times are about 3p.m. and yes the party will be at La Quinta on Atrium way. "
9 members will be attending this event:

Old June 21st   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

So yeah we've already got a caravan lined up the friday before. Were leaving around 1. Were expecting atleast 50-60 cars this year. If you have facebook just search for alabama import alliance caravan.
Old June 21st   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
So yeah we've already got a caravan lined up the friday before. Were leaving around 1. Were expecting atleast 50-60 cars this year. If you have facebook just search for alabama import alliance caravan.
Link? Details?
Old June 22nd   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...95134070523466

It seems like I had already been a post made about this is the reason i didn't go into any more detail.
Old June 22nd   #5
JoshB
JoshB
is looking for 2nd Gen Camaro parts....

Awesome I had no clue. A friend had reminded me and I didn't see it on the calender so i figured i would post it.

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

http://www.facebook.com/yesautomotive
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Long story short we'll have a good group going up Friday. Our goal is to have the largest caravan in the country. We were 2nd to the midwest caravan last year.

Once we arrive in nashville we'll all go our seperate ways however most of us are staying at 3 or 4 hotels with in walking distance to each other. The place to be at night will be the La Quintia Inn off Briley Parkway. Last year there were atleast 300-400 cars in the parking lot and lined up on the road by the hotel. It's pretty much a non stop party all weekend.
Old June 22nd   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Wish I could make it, but I'm going to be in ATL that Wednesday and Thurs so I won't be able to make it.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #8
JoshB
JoshB

Sounds good ill be driving my civic.

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old June 22nd   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'll be in my vette. Yes i know it's an import show but honestly it's starting to open up to a little bit of everything, plus i really like imports and my cvcc isn't even close to ready yet. It's not like I'm going up their to be that guy however if anyone wants to play me and chandler are sooooooooo game. lol.
Old June 22nd   #10
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Sounds good ill be driving my civic.
I find it kinda funny you work on euro cars and drive a civic............you must truely know kind of pain euro cars are.
Old June 22nd   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Non-fb users can't see the link. Details? I'd really like to see you guys off, but can't if I don't know where or when.

Last edited by Samir; June 22nd at 09:34 AM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #12
JoshB
JoshB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Non-fb users can't see the link. Details? I'd really like to see you guys off, but can't if I don't know where or when.
"Time
Created By
Ethan Hamilton
More Info
I figured i would go ahead and start up a caravan for the summer IA meet in Nashville Tenn. Last year we had a amazing turn out from what i had heard we had the 2nd biggest caravan!!!! The midwest caravan beat us by about 10 cars, last year i had counted 47 cars! i would like to have about 60 this year. So please invite all your friends! The time isent official just yet but i figured 1p.m. would be the best for friday because most check in times are about 3p.m. and yes the party will be at La Quinta on Atrium way. "

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old June 22nd   #13
JoshB
JoshB

Quote:
I find it kinda funny you work on euro cars and drive a civic............you must truely know kind of pain euro cars are.
Yes sir.. but I made a mistake.. I put my girl friend in a Land Rover..

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old June 22nd   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
"Time
Created By
Ethan Hamilton
More Info
Thank you Josh! I've updated the event listing.
Old June 22nd   #15
JoshB
JoshB

Y.E.S. Automotive
256-270-9YES (9937)
2505 Washington St.
Huntsville, AL 35811

Old June 22nd   #16
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Yes sir.. but I made a mistake.. I put my girl friend in a Land Rover..
Yeah...........you seriously couldn't give me one of those things. Maybe maybe a defender 90 if it had lsx or sbc.

Samir you have to realize facebook is huge!!!!!!!!! I know that last thing you want is something else to do but it's pretty freaking easy.
Old June 22nd   #17
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
It's kinda funny that quite a few cars in that video are local cars.
Old June 22nd   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Samir you have to realize facebook is huge!!!!!!!!! I know that last thing you want is something else to do but it's pretty freaking easy.
I know all about fb. I spent almost a month researching it in the down season to decide a implementation strategy.

What you don't realize is how much additional workload that would be for me. Growth is good, but growing too fast is detrimental to any small business--an issue that I've been dealing with as HCS has developed over the years.

And there's no point in me doing fb half-way. That's what got me into the trouble right now with HCS. If I would've re-launched HCS the way I wanted to with everything ready and implemented, I wouldn't be trying to fix stuff from 2006 and develop things for 2012 at the same time.
Quote:
It's kinda funny that quite a few cars in that video are local cars.
I noticed that too.
Old June 22nd   #19
ej8ster96
ej8ster96
still tryin to make the civic better, day by day.

Im stoked for IA this year. I requested off from work already. Told'em that my sister is getting married in kansas. Im sure if i woulda told him that i was going to a car show he wouldnt let me off. But i will be in the caravan this year. Wasnt able to be in it last year. My car will probably be the ugliest on in it. But itll be alright.
ej8ster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd   #20
ej8ster96
ej8ster96
still tryin to make the civic better, day by day.

Sadly i am not old enough to get a room. Im only 20. And i believe you have to be 21 to get a room. so ill be staying at my sisters in clarksville.
ej8ster96 is offline   Reply With Quote